Super Smash Bros. Discussion Thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Harword said:

Disapointed by Melee top 8, didn't get really hyped for it,  the only moment that was reallly cool was hungrybox clutching it out and reseting the bracket, guy showed balls of steel that set.

https://www.twitch.tv/topangatv/v/78562063?t=07h14m10s

Did you watch it with your eyes clothed?

Top 8 was fucking sick, even if it was Bo3 until finals. That GF was the greatest GF I've ever watched, albeit I'm fairly new. HBox is the most clutch player ever and right now is #1 in the world no doubt.

Big House comin' :>

12 hours ago, DrCraig said:

Did you watch it with your eyes clothed?

Top 8 was fucking sick, even if it was Bo3 until finals. That GF was the greatest GF I've ever watched, albeit I'm fairly new. HBox is the most clutch player ever and right now is #1 in the world no doubt.

Big House comin' :>

Grand finals were super sick, don't get me wrong, but I was a bit disappointed by the fact that it was Hbox vs Armada again.

I was really sad about the way mango played too, it was the old mango going full aggressive on Hbox without lasering. Sad about Westballz too, I had the feeling that he could be top 3-4 at EVO but he lost vs S2J which i think he almost never lose to :'(.

So yeah at the end, except the grand finals sets, I didn't get hyped that hard, good tourney still but not as hype as G3, GOML or last year EVO imo.

3 hours ago, Harword said:

Grand finals were super sick, don't get me wrong, but I was a bit disappointed by the fact that it was Hbox vs Armada again.

I was really sad about the way mango played too, it was the old mango going full aggressive on Hbox without lasering. Sad about Westballz too, I had the feeling that he could be top 3-4 at EVO but he lost vs S2J which i think he almost never lose to :'(.

So yeah at the end, except the grand finals sets, I didn't get hyped that hard, good tourney still but not as hype as G3, GOML or last year EVO imo.

Yea I wish Westballz was playing like he was the night before. He was looking amazing in losers before top 8. I want to see West have a bigger finish, he's so capable.

Mango playing on tilt was kinda meh too. :/

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Mnemosyne said:

Just bought this game, never played a supersmash before. Anyone having tips for a newbie like me? What is the most easiest character to play with?

Play whoever you enjoy the most

Try everybody, somebody will fit your play style

6 hours ago, Mnemosyne said:

Just bought this game, never played a supersmash before. Anyone having tips for a newbie like me? What is the most easiest character to play with?

Like Craig said, you gotta find who works for you, but I suggest maybe testing out Mario. He's fairly easy to figure out how to play imo and is a pretty common choice for beginners from what I've seen. Sure his style isn't fit for everyone, but it might be a nice place to start

You just gotta find what style you like though because that's what it comes down to. Everyone has their own style plus it never hurts to know how to play multiple characters. Like I may main Yoshi, but I pocket Corrin and Ness/Lucas. I've also dabbled in the likes of Mario, Peach, Robin and Pikachu. But all I gotta say is don't be a tier uguu and only play a character because they're considered "top tier." Play who you wanna play

• 2 months later...