RPG Discussion

This thread is for RPG games that do not require their own thread. The best way I can describe this is a game that someone will buy, play for a bit, and then move on. Basically anything that isn't an MMO. But I won't hold people to this? 

What RPGs are you playing now? 

I am playing Bravely Default so I can move onto Bravely Second (I bought the collector's edition)

Also I have Rune Factory 4 on the back burner (it's kind of a simulator and an RPG all in one)

Bravely Default had such promise in the pre-release thing it had, then it released and it was such a let down ugh, the money I wasted on the collectors edition for it.

At least I got a decent price for it when I sold it.

Not playing any right now.

Right now, Fire Emblem series for 3ds. Almost done with Awakening, & in the middle of Birthright. 

Favorite RPG of all time: Bastion. edit: actually, probably a tie between Bastion and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic games. 

Edited by avyie

Favorite RPG of all time? Dragon's dogma. If you haven't played that, please do. Amazing gameplay. All I really care about is gameplay. Dragons dogma dark arisen is the version you should get. Comes with DLC and shit.

3 hours ago, ShadowGary said:

Da real Fire Emblem thread in disguise.

That is true lol

I'm still playing Fire Emblem Fates. I beat the story line and am just getting skills and maxing characters

My favorite RPG game though is Mother 3. The Mother/Earthbound series is great in general

Also the Mario & Luigi RPG series was pretty good at least the first 3. 4th one was alright and I have yet to play the newest one

Conquest is so good, I'll finish it someday. Play it on and off and am honestly enjoying it better than I did blowing through it in one or two sittings like I did with Awakening. Its a bit more on the difficult side than awakening too so is also taking a bit more time but thats great, one of my biggest complaints with awakening was there was no medium between normal and lunatic(I considered Hard on awakening "Normal" as it was far too easy).

Finished all three routes of Fire Emblem Fates, I've been very impressed with it. Working on making the best castle and making my units buff af.

Favorite RPG of all time? Tie between Final Fantasy 7 and Mother 3.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...
On 5/8/2016 at 9:08 PM, Munya said:

Bravely Default had such promise in the pre-release thing it had, then it released and it was such a let down ugh, the money I wasted on the collectors edition for it.

At least I got a decent price for it when I sold it.

Not playing any right now.

Should have held onto it and sold it now.