Lets Give PokeMMO a Real Presence in the Gaming World

Xatu

Question

Ok so the gaming world has always been changing and right now streaming is a huge thing. We should be using all the tools we can to show that we are a force in the gaming community as well.

PokeMMO needs a twitch that streams all official events with commentators.  Esports presence.

Dont trip guys we can easily find volunteers to commentate. Wouldnt it be cool if we heard Desus voice actually talk about his masterpiece. Devs talking would be rare. Most of the time we would have our usual personalities. All proceeds go to the devs an a non-sketchy charity.

A Booth at a large convention.

I know people at comic con sd and with enough planning we could have a booth. To go with this would be merch like shirts, real life kyu hats, and desus labcoats :3 

Real life events, worldwide tour, vgc-like events, and PokeMMOCon 

Have PokeMMO come to a city near you and help connect players in real life as well. A once a year irl event would be awesome.

So using any of these strategies we will increase awareness of PokeMMO, letting everyone know that we exist, and that we might be the greatest video game mod of all time.

Edited by Xatu

6 minutes ago, Heimann said:

1. Stuff has been streamed in the past

2&3. Most members are not irl Weebs

1.  Yeah sure here or there but im talking about a twitch that actually streams very often.  Like every single official.

2. Comic con is not a weeb convention.  Its a nerd convention.  Also the one in sd happens to be one of the biggest in the world.  Gamers, weebs, and nerds alike.

3.  What makes someone meeting up in real life to discuss and play PokeMMO have anything to do with anime lol?

Someone is in the clouds.

Right now PokeMMO doesn't even show up on Nintendo's radar, sure they are aware of it, but it isn't big enough to actually spend money dealing with it. Currently, their solution is "Just keep doing what we've been doing because the online MMO's that are "totally" not copyright infringing us, because these second rate programmers think they know how to navigate complex law, are not even considered competition by us". There's a critical mass to this game, and once we hit that, PokeMMO will be crushed by the super giant known as Nintendo.

And going to conventions is not possible. If they went they wouldn't even be permitted to have a stand, and even if they were, they couldn't say anything about pokemon. And how do you talk about PokeMMO without talking about Pokemon?

Ideally yes having events streamed would be nice.

however this would require people to commentate and devote more time than they already do.

The staff are all voluntary, some of them might not feel comfortable talking into a microphone and casting, and it's unfair to expect them to do so if that is the case.

We have a replay system for matches, I think that is enough in terms of the first part.

Gilan basically hit the nail on the head for parts 2 and 3.

13 minutes ago, Matoka said:

Ideally yes having events streamed would be nice.

however this would require people to commentate and devote more time than they already do.

We hire new people to do the commentating.  People with nice voices that love pokeMMO and have time to talk.  There would be multiple and have shifts and with backups.  We would hold tryouts.

13 minutes ago, Matoka said:

The staff are all voluntary, some of them might not feel comfortable talking into a microphone and casting, and it's unfair to expect them to do so if that is the case.

We have a replay system for matches, I think that is enough in terms of the first part.

The commentators would be volunteers too.  And its alot more than just watching replays.  Streaming is live and immersive and adds a whole new layer to the community.

19 minutes ago, Gilan said:

Someone is in the clouds.

Thx m8 for prefacing your post saying that my ideas are farfetch'd. However everything I said is completely possible, besides your 1 opinion.

Right now PokeMMO doesn't even show up on Nintendo's radar, sure they are aware of it, but it isn't big enough to actually spend money dealing with it. Currently, their solution is "Just keep doing what we've been doing because the online MMO's that are "totally" not copyright infringing us, because these second rate programmers think they know how to navigate complex law, are not even considered competition by us". There's a critical mass to this game, and once we hit that, PokeMMO will be crushed by the super giant known as Nintendo.

Actually it isnt copy right infringing at all because its technically a mod and it has you supply your own roms legally.  Every other pokemon mmo never made it too far before being put down because they literally used sprite sheets and stuff.

And going to conventions is not possible. If they went they wouldn't even be permitted to have a stand, and even if they were, they couldn't say anything about pokemon. And how do you talk about PokeMMO without talking about Pokemon?

They very well could talk about pokemon, its a mod of a pokemon game.  Mods arent illegal. For nintendo its free advertising.

2 minutes ago, Champlooo said:

man I wish it was

related, OP you realize this game only has like, what, 200 active players max that live across the world. I can't see this being big

Well the things listed before that would help to increase our ranks i suppose.   We could work up to the massive PokeMMO party in europe.

5 minutes ago, ShadowGary said:

PokeMMO ain't a fucking Jonas brothers concert lol

One can dream, one can dream.....

17 minutes ago, Xatu said:

Actually it isnt copy right infringing at all because its technically a mod and it has you supply your own roms legally.  Every other pokemon mmo never made it too far before being put down because they literally used sprite sheets and stuff.

They very well could talk about pokemon, its a mod of a pokemon game.  Mods arent illegal. For nintendo its free advertising.

Well that's the PokeMMO party line, and while I personally think it's somewhat reasonable, you have to understand that the legality is irrelevant.  If Nintendo wanted to shut it down, they could. It doesn't matter if it's legal - court costs and time taken to actually deal with a lawsuit would cripple the game.

The legality of mods is questionable - companies have certainly succeeded in getting mods of games to be taken down in the past. Again, even if they would win the court battle, see above.

Calling it free advertising isn't quite right, and I doubt that it is what Nintendo has in mind anyway.  My assumption is that Nintendo would much rather have advertising that actually, you know, made them money.  From Nintendo's point of view, this game at best doesn't steal any of their customers, and at worst drives people to give PokeMMO money instead of buying their new games/devices/trash.

I think it'd be a cool, once-in-a-lifetime experience for those involved, but it does sound risky. It costs money to put up booth-- time taken off of work, transportation, printing any signs, booth merch, promotion, hotels. Even if people volunteer, they're paying for it. And what could pay them back? Volunteers would probably profit more from selling Pokemon fan goods than PokeMMO-specific goods.

2 minutes ago, hannahtaylor said:

We don't want to get shut down by Nintendo. I don't think we should make a big show of ourselves

Tbh I whant them to shut down pokemmo , cause there's no future for pokemmo .

Same goes for twich streaming pokemmo.

There's no future for that , you can actually stream it , go and do it. iNvHDsJ.gif

And the fact, that the devs doing what they whant, makes it even more complicated *sigh* 

It's so simple, make a freaking poll and ask the players what they whant , instead of planning and thinking for the fanbase/players.

The Pokemmo game that was created by theft , wich is a sin , but since you took that risk,

To make the fan base happy it's fine, and alright , I believed that.

I really hope we get professional one day , and start to think,

And hearing out each other , without jumping to fast into conclusions , and hating each others statements or ideas.

1 hour ago, Xatu said:

1.  Yeah sure here or there but im talking about a twitch that actually streams very often.  Like every single official.

2. Comic con is not a weeb convention.  Its a nerd convention.  Also the one in sd happens to be one of the biggest in the world.  Gamers, weebs, and nerds alike.

3.  What makes someone meeting up in real life to discuss and play PokeMMO have anything to do with anime lol?

1. Bestfriends recorded quite a lot of officials/interviews/etc and we're still here. Can't believe I actually said that.

2. Comic con is a weeb convention. Hate to say it, since I'm a fucking nerd overall, but it is. I'd understand going to A convention, but that's it, just so I pass my turn.

3. Lol, do you really believe they're gonna make multiple conventions just so they can let people meet up and have fun? How long have you been here, don't you know fun is forbidden?!?

Either way, people really need to stop crappy threads like these, honestly. The suggestion itself isn't original, nor is this game that unique to actually have a presence big enough to make an impact on the gaming world. If there was a chance for that, and a chance means more money, then the higher ups would've been all over it and you wouldn't have to suggest it. Game's been alive for what, 4-5 years now? And you really think it's gonna make an impact now?

Spoiler

(I appreciate Rendiz and Spaintakula mentioning me)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I am for and against this suggestion....

The reason why I am for this suggestion is due to the fact that we can escape the world of computers and meet face-to-face! I mean for people who have a region divide like in the United States and the United Kingdom, we can accomidate these individuals by setting up an elaborate Skype screen where we can connect the two countries (since the United States and the United Kingdom garner most of PokeMMO's population). As far as Nintendo is concerned, TheJWittz is in my opinion a dedicated Nintendo fan. He made a video about PokeMMO, but it wasn't flagged....

PokeMMO =  1:48 - 2:14

If Nintendo did this shady move, TheJWittz would have to remove this video I just linked. This video has 1,406,865 views with 20,382 likes. I don't think any YouTuber would want to depart from a successful video. This would scare a key player to Nintendo's success and make them fall in demand (the internet has a lot of Nintendo consumers). If TheJWittz does a rage video for having to remove this video, then he might join a rebellion against Nintendo. Nintendo doesn't need to cause more conflict, but if they really had PokeMMO on their radar, they should look into a "softer" way of elimination, perhaps buying us out.  Nintendo could keep the PokeMMO staff and still have Squirtle as the Head Game Master, but now PokeMMO is legally "protected" by Nintendo.

bbf9fff4573d48115f1b19cc9277848a.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

65f74e2c78d1b9ed6c728d1a65641d07.png

Now I am going to discuss my reasons for being against this proposal. The United States is a big country. I mean we could try to look into places like New York were we can openly make a PokeMMO themed event. As of right now, I would not suggest holding one on Fifth Ave (that's a disaster waiting to happen), instead hold a PokeMMO event at Time Square's Toys R Us (I've been to Time Square a few times in my life). I mean Nintendo use to distribute Mew at Toys R Us back when Pokemon Red, Blue, and Yellow debuted. Perhaps, a way around this problem is to have Kyu travel to a huge city like Dallas, TX, Desu to Louis, MO, Shu to San Diego, CA, Kudasai to Chicago, IL, Hisagi to London, UK, and Squirtle to NY, NY (although I don't think the UK is much of a concern in this department compared to the US). I mean there is still a bit of a problem with this scenario I pointed out, how about people in Israel, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, etc. We need heads of these PokeMMO events to make sure everyone is conducting themselves accordingly and not violating the C of C. Why not hire fellow PokeMMO players to help out and they can be rewarded with Reward Points as a paycheck!

a577b6691120730e694f1404dfa4a225.png

8b1aac9c62671d97d83bec3fb69a0e7c.png

Some people are afraid of the "public at large" and like the safety of their computer screens. This is not much of a problem, because we could give "incentives" to those who participate in these face-to-face events, perhaps giving each player a limited vanity item that you can only access via event code. Personally, I would enjoy being behind a computer screen, but for youngsters like myself, we need to go out and now I have an excuse to go out more often. There are two more concerns of mine that I would like to discuss...

8c893f14f760a545d2063ca999064af4.png

Events like this need security. I wish we can live in a world where people are not nefarious, but unfortunately, some people are out there. Some people might even be angry at PokeMMO for banning their accounts, so they might try to take revenge. We need certified security guards to thwart off any threats that may arise. I don't want a major news outlet to report of a terrible event happening to one of PokeMMO's buildings. Our player base might be hesitant to go to a PokeMMO event. We need to hire certified bouncers and have guards patrol the buildings to make sure there is no threat.

7b9e524d517ade3bc64254ec4bca55ea.png

Lastly, when people go to certain events, they may get a bit hungry. Why not make a deal with McDonalds or some major fast food outlet to plant their restaurant in your business. When I go to Wal-Mart, I see a McDonalds restaurant in the building itself, why not put a McDonalds in our event? I mean its going to be expensive if PokeMMO hires top quality chiefs, so why not let McDonalds help you in this department.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler

I am trying to represent both sides accordingly. If you see a flaw in some of my logic, please tell me. We can discuss this topic in depth.

Edited by Bestfriends
For people to better grasp my for and against points.