General Visual Novel Thread

I started Sharin no Kuni a few months ago but didn't get around to finishing it yet.

i'll finish it, even though the MC is a fuckin loser carrying around a briefcase of panties

Edited by Vorred
4 minutes ago, Vorred said:

stonks are for WEEbs

how long is the VN anyway? i have all 3 episodes on steam but i dont really feel like reading something long right now

They short individually, together prob like, 20-25 hours for a fast reader, I knocked each out in 10ish hours. So 30-35 total for me as a slower reader.

• 2 years later...

Its on VNDB so I am going to consider it a VN, but grabbed Utawarerumono, all 3, during the last sale.  Personally I think 3 is very easily the best, both in story and challenge for the gameplay that does exist despite being what I consider a VN.  If you watched the series and think you wouldn't like it based solely off that, I would heavily suggest not making a judgement based on that as, at least mask of deception, is considerably different than how it was animated.  And of course mask of truth has no animation yet, but soon.

Still not finished with mask of truth but man, its a really great story, with great music on top of that.