League of Legends. Let's talk.

Favourite role? (You can select multiple roles if you don't favour)  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite role? (You can select multiple roles if you don't favour)

This poll is closed to new votes

27 minutes ago, LeWildChat said:

Right now yeah I don't know who I can main

Don't worry about it, that's normal for new players.

Just try everything out and see for yourself what you like most.

Only then you should focus on selecting 1 or 2 roles and try to get a pool of about 4-5 champions and try to climb.

Read guides on laning, pathing, etc

I mained support for a looong time, usually Nautilus/Thresh in Gold elo until I didn't enjoy the role anymore because it started to become a less impactful role, so i transitioned to jungle.

I played a lot of Ekko, Nocturne and Zac at Gold elo as well.

Now I don't play ranked anymore and became a Pantheon onetrick.

tl;dr figure out for yourself what you want to do and then try to climb

6 hours ago, LeWildChat said:

Right now yeah I don't know who I can main

I wish I was a back to being a new player on League of Legends....

Some of the best days of my gaming "career"

EDIT: Also, if you've played other games, you can sorta tell what characters you'll like. For example, on WoW, I loved fast faced assassin like characters. On Runescape I liked  1 def hard hitting glass cannon pures... So when I played League, I liked the assassin style champs like Akali, Fizz, Zed, Le Blanc etc.

3 hours ago, KaynineXL said:

EDIT: Also, if you've played other games, you can sorta tell what characters you'll like. For example, on WoW, I loved fast faced assassin like characters. On Runescape I liked  1 def hard hitting glass cannon pures... So when I played League, I liked the assassin style champs like Akali, Fizz, Zed, Le Blanc etc.

Oh a veteran player, nice to meet you

Right now i really appreciate Jinx and Lux

About Jinx i know how to play her but i still have a problem with cs

About Lux... Q E R E, lol

I appreciate WW aswell, I love how this champion can outplay with his ult

14 hours ago, KaynineXL said:

I remember years ago I used to max W on trist. Tbh at this point I'm not even sure if that shit was meta back then or it was just me being a beginner

16 minutes ago, SirAlbert said:

Should I keep trying to get better at a champ when I am doing terrible with it and lose almost all my ranked games? Lol

Hide contents

I just don't know what to do as Gnar when my team is behind. I know that in mini he is kinda like an adc and in mega I jump in and destroy teamfights, but when me or my team feed, I can't do a thing and feel super useless. Is that always the story with Gnar or is there a good way to play from behind on him?

Champ I play:

158ad712a5013c1ba836390226966e8b.png

gnar has never been a hypercarry, if you want to carry I suggest you pick up something that does a lot more damage

5 hours ago, SirAlbert said:

Should I keep trying to get better at a champ when I am doing terrible with it and lose almost all my ranked games? Lol

Hide contents

I just don't know what to do as Gnar when my team is behind. I know that in mini he is kinda like an adc and in mega I jump in and destroy teamfights, but when me or my team feed, I can't do a thing and feel super useless. Is that always the story with Gnar or is there a good way to play from behind on him?

Champ I play:

If I were new and had to give advice:

• I feel like for lower elo, or newer players in general, you want to stay away from adc if you want to carry.
  • I would play as many champs as possible to learn what they do, which is valuable when playing against them.
  • Of course I'd have a couple champs I play more than others, and I'd say assassin/bruiser champions are best to carry games.

Honestly, for lower elo, the champions that are probably going to be easy and carry hard is the likes of Darius, Garen, Akali, Fizz and heck add Pantheon in there too. There's loads more that are free wins at lower elo too. The bruiser/tanky like Darius, Garen, Pantheon have great 1v1, and are strong early to get you snowballing. Fizz and Akali are two assassins I think are like the most snowballing assassins there is, and in lower elo when people are bad, kills are free across the map.. You can basically just roam and kill.

8 hours ago, SirAlbert said:

Hide contents

Champ I play:

gnar is 99% of playing round ur rage bar, when u master that all u need is ur build

19 hours ago, SirAlbert said:

Hide contents

Champ I play:

Top lane: cho, vlad, jayce, riven, panth can carry hard. Oh, jax and renek too. Maokai isn't bad either, but not as a hard carry as team dependant.

Jg: J4, sejuani are really good seeing they're the easy kind to play and carry with. Freelo

10 hours ago, Spaintakula said:

Top lane: cho, vlad, jayce, riven, panth can carry hard. Oh, jax and renek too. Maokai isn't bad either, but not as a hard carry as team dependant.

Jg: J4, sejuani are really good seeing they're the easy kind to play and carry with. Freelo

Top lane: cho, vlad, jayce, riven, panth can carry hard

Riven and Jayce are some of the harder champions to play correctly, I wouldn't advise those. Vlad, Cho and Panth are pretty ez tho.

10 hours ago, Spaintakula said:

Pls you forgot xin and ww for jg

I actually want to correct some people in regards to "carrying with easy to play champions" and using Pantheon as an example.

Don't get fooled.

If you sort Pantheon by winrates in each ELO you'll realise that his win rates are very high in Diamond+ but very low in bronze and in silver. 

(Bronze+: 51,5% ; Silver+: 51,7%; Gold+: 52,7% Plat+: 53,2% ; Diamond+: 53,8%)

That's not really because he has a high skill-cap (it's fairly average if you want to play pantheon right), but more because of players not being able to make the right calls to snowball and finish games more decisively.

Winrate by game length in plat+ elo:

0c2ec32b1c.jpg

In bronze it's even worse:

314b807d2a.jpg

Don't expect to get easy wins just because everybody draws the image of "HURR PANTHEON FREELO NO SKILL", you'll get smashed in low elo if you can't play the map and snowball a lane.

Forget Pantheon.

Oh and this isn't coming from myself only, I got this argumentation from one of the best onetrick Pantheon players in the world; Catchdown, former top 10 Challenger player.

8 hours ago, KaynineXL said:

Top lane: cho, vlad, jayce, riven, panth can carry hard

Riven and Jayce are some of the harder champions to play correctly, I wouldn't advise those. Vlad, Cho and Panth are pretty ez tho.

Ok, fair for riven, she's really a high pay off champ which does require skill, but I found learning Jayce to be a fun experience rather than hard

Yeah, he does require a lot of micro managing, and his kit might be complicated at the beggining to understand, but he's not that bad to master to a decent level

27 minutes ago, SirAlbert said:

Yea I picked Jayce up a while ago, but I just suck so bad with him. I miss all the QE combos.

I also tried Riven, but I just didn't really find her that fun to play

While his QW in range form are his bread and butter, his melee form is everything you need to beat every single melee matchup you have if played properly.

Play him a bit more, you'll really like him once you get used to him.

As for renekton, it's a fun toplaner to play aswell, a bit aids, but still fun. Wave management is really important with him seeing how half the time you'll either push hard and pressure enough to get gangbanged by ganks if not played right.

36 minutes ago, SirAlbert said:

Yea I tried Panth a while ago because I got this nice skin for him and couldn't do much of anything when the game dragged on and the same goes for Renekton. How would you go about snowballing other lanes with him? I can never roam effectively with him because his wave clear is bad and then I end up losing a lot in my lane. Thinking about it now, it seems like a good time is when I either kill the top laner or force them to back.

I won't really go over the details of laning as Pantheon, this is something to learn on the go, items and build is important and so is creep management.

Just start corrupting potion, farm minions and harass with Q, i always take 2nd point in q at level 3 and only take e at level 4 so your harass is better in the early stages. When you get your E you should be able to combo him into kill or recall. mana isn't really a problem with corrupting potion unless you have to lane against Malphite aka "ep1k counterpick" or cho gath aka "what is losing hp in lane?" or maokai aka "trees are asscancer 101"

Now in terms of macro play I'd say there a few options.

I won't really go into detail like "what if i'm ahead" or "what if i'm behind" or "what if somebody builds manamune on aatrox"

- Don't waste time ganking/roaming before level 6 as pantheon top, if you recalled pre 6 just go back to lane.

- If you got to level 6 and the midlaner is gankable (this is important so you don't want to kill yourself because you fucking ulted a leblanc or ahri with triple dash ulti up) , so that's for example: brand, anivia and stupid champs like those, you try to shove the wave so you can go in river.

If you're behind you do this letting the wave come close to turret so he won't be aggressive and then let the turret shove the wave back for you so you get an opening. (not really recommended, if you're behind the jungler should probably help you or you should stop caring about ganking mid and probably recall gank bot) 

If you're ahead you just setup a freeze and then hard shove when the freeze is about to break and the go river. If you can't freeze you just hardshove it 24/7.

- If you recalled around level 6-7, ganking bot is epic double kill if the enemy is pushing. You can even do this until level 10.

If you haven't got a kill before level 11 with these tips, uninstall and play Club penguin or Hello Kitty Online

k ty

tl;dr in lane --> shove to gank mid

recalled --> gank bot (or even mid but prioritize bot)

Edited by Tranzmaster
1 hour ago, SirAlbert said:

Lmao I wonder if FB Crash went ardent Nidalee just to pack onto the ridiculousness

So I guess ardent rush Taric is the way to go after all

I tend to get Ardent first and then finish my relic.