Pokemon GO Discussion Thread.

Which team did you choose?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. What team did you choose?

1 hour ago, Platoons said:

Went on my first adventure today with a few buddies, and we were probably out for 10-11 hours

Loads of pokes were caught, most rare was probably a dratini (which sucked uguu, CP45 get that shit outta here)

Found out that the local park on campus is loaded with 30+ people 24/7 and theres always atleast 3 lurer modules down at once

Also found out almost every fucking gym is glitched and the pokes freeze at like 1hp

To sum up today, 10 levels were gained, 4 gyms were taken by my friends and I(yellow ftw), and University parks are the best places to find other players

I've had that same "freeze at 1hp" issue several times, usually logs me out of the game entirely after I close the app. My best fix for this has been to only battle gyms when it's early in the morning or late at night so the servers are friendlier

Also after getting 3 Flareons and 2 Jolteons I finally got my Vaporeon and boy was it worth the wait

MAsC3UF.png

It's pretty funny how much more stuff spawns at work than at my apartment.

Rained almost all weekend, hoping I'll be able to get out/explore downtown/down by the lake more this week. Seems to be an almost complete lack of ground/fire types where I am so far.

When you guys click on a nearby Pokemon, do the number of footsteps go up/down if you are getting further/closer? It doesn't seem to happen for me, there was a Dratini with 3 footsteps, but I must have walked in circles for ages and never found it, later a Pinsir that was 3 footsteps appeared in front of me. I don't quite understand the footsteps

Each footprint represents roughly 50 meters, starting with zero footprints means the Pokemon is no more than 50 meters away

For example, one footprint means the Pokemon can be 51-100 meters away in any direction. Three footprints means the Pokemon is at most 200 meters away

I've had pokemon that are zero footprints away despawn entirely, sometimes you just get unlucky

Or in your case @Kizhaz, you got pretty lucky with that Pinsir

Edited by RedHairedShanks

Not here yte in germany, but I guess I choose team yellow.

also not sure about the stater Pokemon. I prefer bulbasaur form all the beginning ones. yet looking at the remaining ones I think a firepokemon will be very hard to get while alternate Plant and Waterpokemons seem to be common. So charmanda would be the oviously best beginners choice.

Just now, Platoons said:

Also last night at about midnight, a pinsir popped up on our nearby so we ventured into the forest in the dark looking for it,\

after about 45 minutes of walking in circles he was no where to be found :(

wonder how many children will get lost in the woods because they hunt a pokemon and can't find back home.

3 hours ago, Kizhaz said:

When you guys click on a nearby Pokemon, do the number of footsteps go up/down if you are getting further/closer? It doesn't seem to happen for me, there was a Dratini with 3 footsteps, but I must have walked in circles for ages and never found it, later a Pinsir that was 3 footsteps appeared in front of me. I don't quite understand the footsteps

yea the steps doesn't make sense at all for some rare pokes if i walk, wherever i go it keeps blinking but stays on 3 footsteps

On July 10, 2016 at 2:40 PM, Sleepy said:

Alright so here is what is in the  eggs (According to youtube lol)

10km: Aerodactyl, Lapras, Snorlax, Scyther, Electrabuzz, Magmar, Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Onix, Jinx, Psyduck, Mankey, Eevee, Pinsir

5km: Pikachu, Mankey, Porygon, Vulpix, Paras, Sandshrew, Ponyta, Rhyhorn, Ghastly, Horsea, Staryu, Cubone, Goldeen, Poliwag, Koffing, Magnemite, Drowzee, Slopoke, Meowth, Tauros, Ponya, Nidoran M, Diglett

2km: Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Chamander, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Eevee, Rattata, Zubat, Magikarp, Pidgey

bolded the more interesting mons for each egg

Just got a nido from my 10k egg. Fml