Pokemon GO Discussion Thread.

Which team did you choose?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. What team did you choose?

7 minutes ago, RedHairedShanks said:

After you defeat a gym with say 3 pokemon in it, it will continue to be that color gym it was before but now only have the 2 stronger pokemon in it

You beat it again, and the strongest pokemon will be the only one remaining

You beat it a third time, and now you can claim it for your team

You have to beat a gym the same number of times as how many pokemon it has in it in order to take possession of said gym

What decides how many poke a gym will have

1 minute ago, frogbussoms said:

What decides how many poke a gym will have

The gyms "prestige" level

Prestige is earned by defending against other teams attacks, or by yourself/other teammates training against said gym (not sure if there is a third way to earn prestige)

For instance, I found a gym that was my team's color a few hours ago level 1 with about 457/2000 prestige

So I repeatedly battled against it, defeating it (not too sure if the gym earns prestige if you lose to it though I doubt it)

After 16 straight battles (kms) it reached 2057/2000 prestige (+100 prestige for every time I beat it) and I was able to leave one of my pokemon at the new level 2 gym making it a little tougher for someone to take it down

7 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

10km Eggs have rarer pokemon than 5k and then 2k. I saw a list of known pokes, ill have to find it. Snorlax is in the 10k which is interesting 

chansey as well, i have a 10km one bu haven't put it in the incubator yet

I was in the car last night with my dad to get dinner, My avatar sprinting across the map. Couldnt find any mons but i managed a heap of pokestops and scouted the gyms in my area. Some of these gyms man, protected by snorlax, clefable, dodrio, pinsirs.

At the chinese resturant there was a snorlax nearby but never showed itself as long as i was going 50+km/hr :(

I hatched my first 10 km egg into a Pinsir last night. Hoped for a Lapras but I can't complain, right?

I'll go out for a walk in a bit. My town is ruled by team blue and I'm planning to leave a Pokémon of mine at all 4 of the gyms I know. 

Having a Pokémon at a gym means you can collect 10 coins. It's 10 coins per Pokémon up to 10 Pokémon. So I'd be able to get 40 coins today.

8 hours ago, AlateaOlwyn said:

I hatched my first 10 km egg into a Pinsir last night. Hoped for a Lapras but I can't complain, right?

I'll go out for a walk in a bit. My town is ruled by team blue and I'm planning to leave a Pokémon of mine at all 4 of the gyms I know. 

Having a Pokémon at a gym means you can collect 10 coins. It's 10 coins per Pokémon up to 10 Pokémon. So I'd be able to get 40 coins today.

Team Blue ftw! Nothing but Red and Yellow everywhere I live but I make sure the few gyms in my town stay Blue as best I can

1 hour ago, Kizhaz said:

So from what I've heard, powering basic pokemon before they evolve makes them stronger than evolving them then powering them. Any confirmation on this?

The logic behind this makes sense. I'll try to do some tests with pidgeys later today unless someone else can confirm before I waste some candies

Caught this monster next to an old mill this morning

v6BltS8.png

Can anyone confirm that eevees evolve based on what moves they are caught with? I haven't been paying attention to this, been evolving my eevees with the highest CP but I've gotten two Jolteons and two Flareons before getting a single Vaporeon

Maybe I'm just unlucky but I'm guessing Swift = Jolt, Dig = Flareon, and Body Slam = Vaporeon

Edited by RedHairedShanks
Just now, Sleepy said:

So my 10km egg hatched into an Aerodactyl, hope this next 10km egg is good too

That's awesome. I'm getting curious about my next one as well, but it has 9.3 km to go. I won't hatch that before tuesday. Fingers crossed tho :D

Alright so here is what is in the  eggs (According to youtube lol)

10km: Aerodactyl, Lapras, Snorlax, Scyther, Electrabuzz, Magmar, Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Onix, Jinx, Psyduck, Mankey, Eevee, Pinsir

5km: Pikachu, Mankey, Porygon, Vulpix, Paras, Sandshrew, Ponyta, Rhyhorn, Ghastly, Horsea, Staryu, Cubone, Goldeen, Poliwag, Koffing, Magnemite, Drowzee, Slopoke, Meowth, Tauros, Ponya, Nidoran M, Diglett

2km: Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Chamander, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Eevee, Rattata, Zubat, Magikarp, Pidgey

bolded the more interesting mons for each egg

Edited by Sleepy
6 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

Alright so here is what is in the  eggs (According to youtube lol)

10km: Aerodactyl, Lapras, Snorlax, Scyther, Electrabuzz, Magmar, Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Onix, Jinx, Psyduck, Mankey, Eevee

5km: Pikachu, Mankey, Porygon, Vulpix, Paras, Sandshrew, Ponyta, Rhyhorn, Ghastly, Horsea, Staryu, Cubone, Goldeen, Poliwag, Koffing, Magnemite, Drowzee, Slopoke, Meowth, Tauros, Ponya

2km: Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Chamander, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Eevee, Rattata, Zubat, Magikarp, Pidgey

bolded the more interesting mons for each egg

Damn I'd be raging pretty hard if I walk 10km just for my egg to hatch into a psyduck, mankey, or eevee