Pokemon GO Discussion Thread.

Which team did you choose?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. What team did you choose?

I can play Pokemon Go, on wifi and only in my apartment. Only because my actual phone doesn't have enough RAM to support the app itself. My phone has 512MB of RAM and the app uses 542MB just sitting idle. It's pretty fun at least. I've caught a few Pokemon that have wandered through, but there are two Pokestops within a stone's throw of me and a freaking gym and I can't walk to them since the device doesn't have an active cellular connection.

3 hours ago, Heimann said:

Ayyyy lmao

iCUPeDO.png

Also don't use the apk. You'll be banned. Delete it now if you have it.

Your nicknames are on point, "Thunderuguu" had me actually lol 

How far are people with their dex? Anyone top 50?

Two pokes I didn't catch were Weepinbell and Dragonite (Rip)

RZ6DFkn.png

Edited by RedHairedShanks
naming 2 I didn't catch
15 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

When you hit Lv5 and go to a gym, it asks you to Join a team

Any benefits of joining x team or anything? And is there going back? I saw some people mentioning Zapdos with the yellow team or something like that

2 minutes ago, FuzzyRegirock said:

Any benefits of joining x team or anything? And is there going back? I saw some people mentioning Zapdos with the yellow team or something like that

it does matter. Yellow team is the masterrace. Both other teams are inferior. The benefit is that you get to be a boss when you join yellow team. When you join red or blue team you are granted the title of scrub.

edit:

being serious though, I think it affects the legendary bird you get. Also, I think it's better to choose a team that isn't popular in your area. That way you can take over gyms and start earning gold.

Edited by Gilan
Just now, Gilan said:

it does matter. Yellow team is the masterrace. Both other teams are inferior. The benefit is that you get to be a boss when you join yellow team. When you join red or blue team you are granted the title of scrub.

What? What are the real benefits

went out for an hour from lvl 3 and managed to reach lvl 5, caught an ivysaur and other common shit, i'm never able to find that pinsir nearby :(( but atleast i got 2 10km egg now hopefully they will hatch to something gud, also visited almost all pokestops near me and got 80-ish pokeball \o/

also wtf with these pokes with shit cp im getting, how am i supposed to beat that gym if my best poke is a doduo with 98 cp i cri

1 minute ago, dedegendut said:

went out for an hour from lvl 3 and managed to reach lvl 5, caught an ivysaur and other common shit, i'm never able to find that pinsir nearby :(( but atleast i got 2 10km egg now hopefully they will hatch to something gud, also visited almost all pokestops near me and got 80-ish pokeball \o/

also wtf with these pokes with shit cp im getting, how am i supposed to beat that gym if my best poke is a doduo with 98 cp i cri

The more you level, the rarer and stronger pokemon you'l find.

9 minutes ago, Nobarsmcgee said:

i fought a gym ealrier today that had 3 trainers in it and won but it didnt cange colors. how do I win the gym and get to leave my pokemon there?

After you defeat a gym with say 3 pokemon in it, it will continue to be that color gym it was before but now only have the 2 stronger pokemon in it

You beat it again, and the strongest pokemon will be the only one remaining

You beat it a third time, and now you can claim it for your team

You have to beat a gym the same number of times as how many pokemon it has in it in order to take possession of said gym

Edited by RedHairedShanks
made the explanation more clear