Pokemon GO Discussion Thread.

Which team did you choose?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. What team did you choose?

10 minutes ago, Gilan said:

so something interesting that I saw was 2 friends on opposite teams constantly taking a gym from one another. Does this allow you to gold farm?

You can only get coins from gyms once every 21 hours, they're probably just fighting over the gym

59 minutes ago, Gilan said:

so something interesting that I saw was 2 friends on opposite teams constantly taking a gym from one another. Does this allow you to gold farm?

it allows you to EXP farm

you get around 500 EXP every time you fight the gym, so in theory they could place a weak pokemon in it and keep taking it from eachother.

Edited by Sleepy
14 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

you get around 500 EXP every time you fight the gym, so in theory they could place a weak pokemon in it and keep taking it from eachother.

yeah, that's what they were doing. putting in like cp 13 weedles and stuff

12 hours ago, Vorred said:

there is a pokestop in my city called 'you can't go that way' and its just a stop sign on a street

they're probably not picky about their placements.

That's because the initial batch of stops were portal locations from their prior game called Ingress. They are not responding to additional Pokestop requests that they are not interested in. This means that, unless you are a major point of interest in your area, your request for a Pokestop to be placed at your home is not going to be pursued. Major points of interest would be local businesses, historic landmarks, and unique statues. Trust me, I know how odd it is considering there are two Pokestops located on a Frisbee Golf course by me.

1 hour ago, Sleepy said:

But the EXP gained isn't proporcional to the gym lvl dificulty?

1 hour ago, XelaKebert said:

That's because the initial batch of stops were portal locations from their prior game called Ingress. They are not responding to additional Pokestop requests that they are not interested in. This means that, unless you are a major point of interest in your area, your request for a Pokestop to be placed at your home is not going to be pursued. Major points of interest would be local businesses, historic landmarks, and unique statues. Trust me, I know how odd it is considering there are two Pokestops located on a Frisbee Golf course by me.

I have such a large amount of dumb pokestops in my city. like one on the coast called 'Valetta at night' and its just somebody's photo of the city at night.

gonna have to claim the tree in my backyard is special :l

@fredrichnietze

you think that wasn't the first thing I tried? gtfo Fred.

Edited by Vorred

I'm still waiting for another 10 km egg. Right now I have 9 5 km eggs. I did hatch a Mankey this morning, didn't have that one yet. Also took 5 gyms for the coins. I decided to save up for a bunch of incubators so I can hopefully get more rares. 

5 minutes ago, dedegendut said:

Any1 else here getting that bug where every poke on ur nearby list are 3 steps away even tho they r infront ur god damn face

Basically all the time. Only worked for me once yesterday when a venomoth was nearby. Also update on my 10km egg, it was a 500+ Pinsir, because I didn't already have heaps of them... even has Rock smash and submission so no coverage even.

Some guy walked past me an my friend after taking the nearby gym, he was angry that someone put a 208 pidgeotto "why would someone put such a weak mon on a gym, lv1000 at least it's not that hard" meanwhile I'm just here with 500's max

3 hours ago, dedegendut said:

Any1 else here getting that bug where every poke on ur nearby list are 3 steps away even tho they r infront ur god damn face

yeah I was literally on top of a lapras and it was still showing 3 steps, I haven't been able to track any cool stuff so I've stuck to Lured stops and hatching eggs

18 hours ago, dedegendut said:

Lol there are no eevees in my area at all i cri 

There are eevees EVERYWHERE where im at

And yeah im also having that issue where every pokemon is 3 steps away its so annoying

Edited by FuzzyRegirock