Pokemon GO Discussion Thread.

Which team did you choose?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. What team did you choose?

Living on the East coast of the USA I found waking up at 6 am (I'm not crazy I just have a corgi who I've got on a schedule) is best time to play

Once it hit around noon and the rest of the US woke up is when the server crashing starting happening again

Currently still kicked out

2 minutes ago, FuzzyRegirock said:

Am I missing something here? How are people getting shinies and rare pokemon like tauros. Rarest pokemon ive seen so far was a horsea...

Nah those stars doesn't mean shinies i think it's just to mark pokes,u can turn it on the upper right side of ur pokes description thingy

14 minutes ago, dedegendut said:

Nah those stars doesn't mean shinies i think it's just to mark pokes,u can turn it on the upper right side of ur pokes description thingy

Oh thank god, I thought i was supposed to have like 2 shinies by now lol. And where can I find eggs?

From what I have experienced of the game

1: You need to go explore, there is 0 rare shit within a 15 minute walk of my house, but while I was at work I found a jynx, squirtle and Fearow

2: Pokestops give you free pokeballs (the higher level you get the better balls u get) and occasionally eggs

3: Throwing your strongest pokemon on a gym is one of the best ways to make the dust which u can use to level up Pokemon

4: Spawns vary during time of day, I found 7 zubat this evening alone while I found none during the day

5: The higher level you get the more likely you are to find rarer spawns and more powerful pokemon

6: If you want an easy way to hatch eggs then hop in your car, find a cul-de-sac and do circles for 5 minutes and you should be good

7: Save rare candies and the dust until you have the final form of a Pokemon, dont level up 1st and 2nd stage pokemon if they have evos... I could level up my 20 CP Pidgey to 80, sounds great right... well I could run down the street and find a CP 90 Pidgey and id have just wasted all my stuffs

1 minute ago, DoctorPBC said:

From what I have experienced of the game

1: You need to go explore, there is 0 rare shit within a 15 minute walk of my house, but while I was at work I found a jynx, squirtle and Fearow

2: Pokestops give you free pokeballs (the higher level you get the better balls u get) and occasionally eggs

3: Throwing your strongest pokemon on a gym is one of the best ways to make the dust which u can use to level up Pokemon

4: Spawns vary during time of day, I found 7 zubat this evening alone while I found none during the day

5: The higher level you get the more likely you are to find rarer spawns and more powerful pokemon

6: If you want an easy way to hatch eggs then hop in your car, find a cul-de-sac and do circles for 5 minutes and you should be good

7: Save rare candies and the dust until you have the final form of a Pokemon, dont level up 1st and 2nd stage pokemon if they have evos... I could level up my 20 CP Pidgey to 80, sounds great right... well I could run down the street and find a CP 90 Pidgey and id have just wasted all my stuffs

Thanks

I just went out for the first time. I had a Vaporeon nearby my house but never found it as well as a Bulbasaur on my trip back ;_; first catch was an eevee. Otherwise just the usual pidgey, rattata, bugs ect. I did manage to get a Dratini and Lickitung though.

I live in a gated area and there are other gated areas nearby. A pokestop was across the river behind one of the other gated areas which I couldn't get to. There were two within my area though so not all bad and a third just outside the gates (I didn't have clickers to get back in so didn't go there). Managed to get 1 egg from a pokestop, only realised like 500m from my house that I had to manually put it in the incubator otherwise it would've hatched by the time I got home.

Can you get all items from pokestops? Because those incense helped so much, I had no encounters for like 2km when it wasn't active

45 minutes ago, TheOriginal said:

Ran around for 5 minutes for this. Was worth it.

Reveal hidden contents

savaz7.png

It started off at 569, but i leveled it up three times.

How is it so strong? Do you encounter stronger mons the higher your trainer level?

On 7-7-2016 at 6:25 PM, Kouteshi said:

I wish i was american :(
Anyone know when it's comming to Portugal?It's pretty unfair Portugal is always in the end ,-,

Well, even though it's not officially out in Europe yet, if you have Android you can already play it by installing the game through the apk file (an apk file is an installer for Android apps).

You can get the apk file here.

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/niantic-inc/pokemon-go/pokemon-go-0-29-0-release/pokemon-go-0-29-0-android-apk-download/

To install it you'll need to enable installing apps from unknown sources first though, but you can turn this back off right after the installation is finished.

6 hours ago, adnihil said:

Well, even though it's not officially out in Europe yet, if you have Android you can already play it by installing the game through the apk file (an apk file is an installer for Android apps).

You can get the apk file here.

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/niantic-inc/pokemon-go/pokemon-go-0-29-0-release/pokemon-go-0-29-0-android-apk-download/

To install it you'll need to enable installing apps from unknown sources first though, but you can turn this back off right after the installation is finished.

Thanks man but i already got it from that exactly site before you said it :D

But thanks a lot i really appreciate it.

8 hours ago, Kizhaz said:

How is it so strong? Do you encounter stronger mons the higher your trainer level?

I was level 7 or 8. The level is also influenced by the pokemans evolution, and possibly rarity.

Pro Tip: At level 8 you get a lucky egg, which doubles experience gained. This is most useful when evolving a lot of Pokemon, which would give 1000 experience per Pokemon. The best Pokemon for this are pidgey, caterpie, and weedle since they only need 12 candies to evolve. So keep your low level transfer Pokemon and put that egg to good use.

Edited by TheOriginal