[MOD] HD Maps

Hi, people! This mod uses the original maps for Kanto and Hoenn but they are applied a magnification filter which scales them to x4 (in terms of graphic detail).

It's not 100% accurate and some tiles are still buggy, plus border tiles don't work properly, probably because this is the first time I work with maps.

Animated tiles aren't working, but it's probably due to the Map Mod Implementation being a prototype.

You can see the difference here:

Spoiler

WITHOUT the filter:

screenshot_1462716854.png

WITH the filter:

screenshot_1462716804.png

As you can see, the latter image is more polished and smooth, but in the first one, the tiles are animated and there's night tiles too, though it looks pixelated.

So yeah, that's basically it. I don't know if I'll be able to fix the bugs in this Mod, because I only applied the filter to the images and nothing else (I know nothing of editing maps :P) but anyone is welcome to do it and publish it's own Mod.

NOTE: If someone has memory problems with this Mod, please take a look at this thread: 

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/mc41abrvzwc16fl/HD+Maps.zip

This was a suggestion of 1988fido, so if you like this MOD, thank him ;)

O.o ... !!!
wow man . I am surprised , that was quick.
umm anyway XD I didn't do anything I was just trying to think of how they might improve the graphics in future.

its thanks to u , u did all the work

[MOD] HD Maps Vs normal pokemmo
:D example:

Download full Quality   [ screen shot showing the difference]
Pokemmo_HQx4.jpg

:) it does look better, so with few more other mods I get the game look better

Edited by 1988fido
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

What did you use for to apply the shader to the images? I am trying to do the same thing with the trainer sprites because they look soooooo pixelated but no tool seems to offer this shader. So far i only have found emulators which have this shader but no image editing software. I have gimp and ps cs2 so maybe theres a setting in those programs to enlarge images in this way. 

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/8/2018 at 3:51 PM, JohnGRs said:

Buenos Días , Tardes , Noches No noto absolutamente  ningún cambio en el juego , ¿ me podría mostrar 2 imágenes para comparar ? , 

ya que el Link de las imágenes que usted tiene no funciona. Por Favor Responder!! :D

Tienes razon mi compa, perdon por llegar tarde, ami tambien me pasa lo mismo

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 08/05/2016 at 11:28, AFDC98 said:

Oi, gente! Este mod usa os mapas originais para Kanto e Hoenn, mas eles são aplicados a um filtro de ampliação que os dimensiona para x4 (em termos de detalhes gráficos).

Não é 100% preciso e alguns blocos ainda apresentam erros, além dos blocos de borda não funcionam corretamente, provavelmente porque esta é a primeira vez que trabalho com mapas.

Os blocos animados não estão funcionando, mas provavelmente se deve ao fato de a Implementação do Map Mod ser um protótipo.

Você pode ver a diferença aqui:

Esconder o conteúdo

SEM o filtro:

screenshot_1462716854.png

COM o filtro:

screenshot_1462716804.png

Como você pode ver, a última imagem é mais polida e suave, mas na primeira os tiles são animados e há night tiles também, embora pareçam pixelados.

Então, sim, é basicamente isso. Não sei se conseguirei consertar os bugs desse Mod, pois só apliquei o filtro nas imagens e nada mais (não sei nada de edição de mapas: P) mas qualquer um é bem-vindo para fazer e publicar é o próprio Mod.

NOTA: Se alguém tiver problemas de memória com este Mod, dê uma olhada neste tópico: 

Download:  http://www.mediafire.com/download/mc41abrvzwc16fl/HD+Maps.zip

Esta foi uma sugestão de  1988fido ,  então se você gosta deste MOD, agradeça a ele;)

Atualização nova ?