The Reintroduction of UU

Due to popular demand and after many Official Events, the UnderUsed Tier has been brought back from the dead.

You can find a comprehensive list of everything in UU by using the in game 'dex.

We eagerly look forward to the return of some your favorite UU Tournaments and the ability for all players to participate in UU MatchMaking again!

Keep an eye on the Competition Alley section of the forums for more updates and the eventual creation of NU.

Did you guys purposely made Gengar and Blissey in the Ubers list? I mean, I see you put it Ubers on your Tier Lists and Usage thread but I don't see any official post about it. edit: Okay it's there now.

Also, seeing that UU list isn't Machamp and Hariyama ban kinda redundant? Considering there's stuff like Espeon and Garde running around now which are far bigger problems.

Edited by OrangeManiac
4 minutes ago, LifeStyle said:

Nice. Now ban Snorlax.

Lax can stay. Also this is supposed to be a discussion about UU from what I understand from DarkSS post.

I'm very, very curious about how UU is going to look like right now with specially offensive powerhouses like Houndoom, Omastar, Haunter and Gardevoir (especially this one) running around.

Also funny thing, all that happened to OU is Gardevoir's and Sceptile drop due to usage (Scizor was BL regardless) and Lax is back... Kinda makes me feel that we didn't even need that whole reset :(

Just now, Matoka said:

Wait, gengar and blissey are now Ubers again?

yeah 

13 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

Did you guys purposely made Gengar and Blissey in the Ubers list? I mean, I see you put it Ubers on your Tier Lists and Usage thread but I don't see any official post about it.

Also, seeing that UU list isn't Machamp and Hariyama ban kinda redundant? Considering there's stuff like Espeon and Garde running around now which are far bigger problems.

I see machamp and hair in OU tho or are you implying they should be ubers? I don't understand 

Just now, BlackJovi said:

ahh 'borderline' as much as I love them, I wouldn't wanna see them in uu, bulk up champ could be too destructive 

They could very well be OP but just like a huge number of things in the current UU, I don't get it why Machamp and Hariyama get the treatment of instaban when so many powerhouses are flying around. Linoone ban I can kinda see for the lack of ghosts, though. But even that would need reasoning post. Not just "b-but they're BL".

6 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

but why

Linoone: Belly drum set destroys everything

Machamp: "Swift Choice Band" set destroys everything

Hariyama: Bulk Up set is problematic, 144 base HP

We are aware that others who were brought down also possibly be problematic, so to try and balance UU from the get-go these bans were necessary.

A close eye will be held on how the tier develops in the coming days.

6 minutes ago, Tyrone said:

Linoone: Belly drum set destroys everything

Machamp: Choice Specs set destroys everything

Hariyama: Bulk Up set is problematic, 144 base HP

We are aware that others who were brought down also possibly be problematic, so to try and balance UU from the get-go these bans were necessary.

A close eye will be held on how the tier develops in the coming days.

Choice Specs Machamp new meta.

Guys what are you doing. Yes CB Machamp is impossible to switch in to but so are numerous of things in the current UU tier. Machamp doesn't have the ability to sweep for shit unlike so many other things in your tier. Machamp can be 1 kill at best and that when correctly switched in, it can easily be swept away. Bulk Up set can't do much in a tier with Modest Life Orb Gardevoir. Linoone, sure.

edit: Ah, you meant scarf Champ. Why would anyone Scarf a base 50 Pokemon which can be outsped by not only scarves but natural speed as well. Playing later gens help you understand how scarf team building works.

Edited by OrangeManiac
1 minute ago, OrangeManiac said:

Choice Specs Machamp new meta.

Guys what are you doing. Yes CB Machamp is impossible to switch in to but so are numerous of things in the current UU tier. Machamp doesn't have the ability to sweep for shit unlike so many other things in your tier. Machamp can be 1 kill at best and that when correctly switched in, it can easily be swept away. Bulk Up set can't do much in a tier with Modest Life Orb Gardevoir. Linoone, sure.

Do u even remember the last time we tried machamp in the tier? now with life orb and swift choice band it only gets worse. We are gonna have a close eye in gardevoir and sceptile so both of them could go too, we just wanted to give them a try. unlike machamp and hariyama that were obviously too op for the physical defensive pokemons in uu

Edited by Arimanius
Typo

Forum quoting is broken, so

@Arimanius

Yes, I've been in this game a long time. Actually quite rather never had a huge pause after 2014. Either way discussing Machamp's effect how it was before is just waste of time because it's pointless. Not only we have different Pokemon but Machamp is 2HKOd by numerous things in our Specs + Life Orb metagame. "Being obviously too op" isn't exactly a reasoned argument, I know you have your actual reasoning there somewhere and I hope you would post it here. If you don't, guys pls.

Just because Machamp was strong before, it got two small tools to work with (which aren't that good, like I reasoned why Scarf Machamp is bad and Life Orb Machamp is pointless) but the whole other tier got huuuuge tools to work with.