"Recycle" Master Ball when catching a shiny with it

So i've been thinking about if i meet a shiny pokemon and i don't have a good way to catch it on me at that point: No False Swiper, no sleep/paralize inducer, no master balls. Picture it is a Marowak, they're kinda hard to catch while full hp and no status. What do i do here? I'll just have to let that shiny go? But they are already rare enough. I can't just let it go. This is the reason for my suggestion.

If you catch a shiny with a Master Ball and if by doing so you'll no longer have any Master Balls (this "and" is because you can get 2 by playing in both regions) you'll get another Master Ball.

Since this would probably trigger when you use a Master Ball, this would make ppl that already used both Master Balls go like: I used them all already, so i won't get a recycled one.

Well, this is where my second part of this suggestion starts.

If that "recycling" Master Balls thing gets implemented then we should also have one Vendor selling them, and make it a single purchase. What i mean by this is that the NPC would only sell you a Master Ball if you have none and it won't sell you one while you have one.

It could be sold with BP, cash or both, that's not really my problem, but i think it wouldn't break the game if you make its price like 50k, no one would buy a 50k pokeball to catch non-shiny pokemon, no normal wild catch is worth that much.

11 minutes ago, Kailido said:

So i've been thinking about if i meet a shiny pokemon and i don't have a good way to catch it on me at that point: No False Swiper, no sleep/paralize inducer, no master balls. Picture it is a Marowak, they're kinda hard to catch while full hp and no status. What do i do here? I'll just have to let that shiny go? But they are already rare enough. I can't just let it go.

Yeah, you'll just have to let it go.

Most people don't meet one shiny, let alone 2. I've met 2 shinies and still have both my masterballs because I had a catcher. Assuming you only use your masterballs on shinies, you would have to have already caught 2 and be on your 3rd for this to even be a problem.

Having virtually unlimited masterballs seems a bit much since you can already easily carry a catcher. You have 6 slots, I can't imagine you not having a free slot for PvE.

yeah i usually don't have a pokemon that i can use as a catcher, i have other utility pokes that i end up using more frequently. leaving my 2 catching smeargles on the box. I haven't caught 2 shinies but i know ppl that did and used both master balls on them. What if they find another one and they don't have a catcher on them? Right now they could only spam Ultra balls or maybe repeat balls until they catch it and still you might end up with no pokeballs at the end if that shiny has a very tight catch rate

Edited by Kailido
1 minute ago, Kailido said:

yeah i usually don't have a pokemon that i can use as a catcher, i have other utility pokes that i end up using more frequently. leaving my 2 catching smeargles on the box. I haven't caught 2 shinies but i know ppl that did and used both master balls on them. What if they find another one and they don't have a catcher on them? Right now they could only spam Ultra balls or maybe repeat balls until they catch it and still you might end up with no pokeballs at the end if that shiny has a very tight catch rate

I'm curious how you don't have room for a catcher, but ok. Assuming you don't, you're out of masterballs, and you run into shiny, that's on you. That's a very specific problem, and it's your fault for not carrying the proper tools to catch the shiny.

If you're reading this always carry a catcher smeargle