OU Leaderboard Tournament (Friday 20th May)

Banner.png

1st Place Prize: $2,000,000 Pokeyen

2nd Place Prize: $1,000,000 Pokeyen

3rd Place Prize: $500,000 Pokeyen

Details:

16 Players
6v6 OU Tournament
Ranked Leaderboard Tournament
Automated Tournament

Date and Time:
Date: Friday 20th May
Time: 22:00 BST | 17:00 EDT

Registration will open 30 minutes prior to the tournament. You will be able to register for a tournament on the top floor of a Pokemon Centre, through the battle PC. The PC you need is the one on the right, which I am standing in front of in the picture below. You can also register for the tournament by clicking the PvP menu option (Masterball icon on the bottom right of your client).

When a Tournament enters the sign-up stage, it's announced globally via a system message:

Tournament_1.png

When this message is displayed, players can sign up for a tournament one of two ways:

1.)

They can go to the top of any PC and speak to the NPC on the far right to bring up the following window:

Tournament_2.png

2.)

They can click the PvP icon on the bottom right of their screen and select 'Tournament Signup':

Tournament_3.png

Which will again bring up this window:

Tournament_4.png

To sign up for a tournament, the player only needs to click the 'Register' button in this window and they will be entered into the queue:

Tournament_5.png

Clauses:
Sleep/OHKO/Pristine/Species/Hax Item/Evasion/Bag Item/Self KO
List of Clauses and what they mean

Banned moves: 
Baton Pass

List of banned Pokemon:
(Ban list is subject to change pending the tier council's decision)

Dragonite

Dugtrio

Salamence

Tyranitar

Wobbuffet

Notes:

• Disconnecting during a match when result in a DQ.
  • Do not block the Staff running the Event. If you disregard requests for you to unblock staff members then you will be disqualified.

Event Host: Squirtle 007.png & Noad 300.png

2 minutes ago, DoctorPBC said:

Prize not worth imho, again disappointing for a top 16 tour... 

Please suggest alternatives to the prize here. As far as I am aware, this will be a monthly tournament and in future it will branch out to UU/NU/Doubles. I'm not entirely sure if you are expecting a massive prize like a Shiny Starter but that is obviously not doable given the frequency and size of the tournament.

If you wanted to make argument for a change in prize/bracket size/overall system please make a post in the above thread as the higher staff are more likely to see it there and take your points on board. 

1 hour ago, Noad said:

Please suggest alternatives to the prize here. As far as I am aware, this will be a monthly tournament and in future it will branch out to UU/NU/Doubles. I'm not entirely sure if you are expecting a massive prize like a Shiny Starter but that is obviously not doable given the frequency and size of the tournament.

If you wanted to make argument for a change in prize/bracket size/overall system please make a post in the above thread as the higher staff are more likely to see it there and take your points on board. 

Was expecting a shiny prize or a rarer variety to what we usually get, I'm not going to go out of my way to ladder high for a 2m tournament. 

Edit: not gonna argue for better prizes, it's been done before. Just hoping it gets improved in the future 

Edited by DoctorPBC
2 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

I request that a reset of the entire ladder be made between these tournaments. Kind of pointless to let the leaders keep their headstart month in and month out. 

this. having a decay system where the decay is a slight reduction every month is practically nothing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Noad locked this topic