Allow an option to mute in teamchat

RysPicz

Question

5 answers to this question

If your in a team where you want to mute/block people then that interaction isnt healthy.  We shouldnt implement socially neutralizing features into a purely social feature.

Game of Thrones aside, there are other reasons to mute a player. In all online communities, the staff have the ability to mute a player for any given reason. I don't see why we can't give this permission to staff in a team.

2 hours ago, BigShotJoe said:

Game of Thrones aside, there are other reasons to mute a player. In all online communities, the staff have the ability to mute a player for any given reason. I don't see why we can't give this permission to staff in a team.

I am all for the mute system. Let me give a common scenario...

Team mate A goes to a party and beige drinks and becomes intoxicated. He/she then logs into PokeMMO and this person is discussing inappropriate topics like politics, sexual content, and religion to team mates. Team mate A is a trusted commander in the team and attends officials almost daily. Team Leader Billy Bob of Team Television [TV] would like an alternative option to demotion or kicking. Billy Bob understands that Team mate A is inebriate and cannot discern his/her conduct. In the current system, Mr. Bob has two choices, either demote Team mate A to either an officer, member, or grunt or terminate team mate A from the team. Wouldn't it be nice to mute Team mate A? I mean he/she is intoxicated, so if he/she is muted, they won't know about it. Its a win win situation for both the leader and team mate. 

Edited by Bestfriends