Something wrong with the RNG since an update ???

XPLOZ

I have the feeling that the RNG is a lot more savage than before. I mean I do/spec lots of battles and almost every single one is finishing on some bullshit. Is it just me or did something change ? I also noticed that the ratio W/L hightly fell for some top players.

Edited by XPLOZ

Yo this game is pokemon man.  It was literally founded on hax.  Be glad serene grace isnt viable on anything fast like togekiss.  Or that confusion and parhax spam hasnt caught on yet.  Hell you could run attract in this meta since most people like to make things female to possibly rebreed it.

The hax giveth and the hax taketh away.

I feel like flinches have decreased recently. Before, if I tallied rock slide flinches, it would have been close to 50-60% but now it seems like 10-30%. It's probably just perception and coincidence, but it does feel less.

i kind of doubt that devs just randomly change rng rates though, but I've noticed will o wisp has missed about 70% of the time. It's probably because I'm running gengar and using will o wisp more and I notice misses more, but sometimes I do wonder about the rng.

Also yea I too feel that the rng rate has somewhat changed. I got a low roll vs my opponent which led to my loss in ranked, then I haxed ZDFire with a waterfall flinch with my Kingdra. Wow misses happen at the same rate though, and I've noticed Megahorn hitting most of the time. Don't know if anything is complain worthy though atm. 

Could you give a specific example of the RNG that you feel is incorrect XPLOZ?

I've personally also recently had a match where I Thunder Waved a Cradily, which resulted in a 3/31 turn Paralysis (Less than 10% as opposed to 25%).

This difference was statistically significant after running a binomial statistical calculation, resulting in a ~3% chance of it occurring 0,1,2 or 3 times in 31 turns.

I noticed that WoW misses like 50% of the time too.

Also, paras are savage. I don't know why but i can't believe that it's 25% only. Last time i got para'd 7times in a row (not a joke some people were spectating), while the rate of that is normally 1 chance on 16 383. If the paralysis rate was at 50%, it would have been 1 chance on 128, which is more probable...

And regarding Flinches, I didn't notice any decrease like you said Zebra, 20% seems even low for Waterfall.

4 minutes ago, XPLOZ said:

I noticed that WoW misses like 50% of the time too.

Also, paras are savage. I don't know why but i can't believe that it's 25% only. Last time i got para'd 7times in a row (not a joke some people were spectating), while the rate of that is normally 1 chance on 16 383. If the paralysis rate was at 50%, it would have been 1 chance on 128, which is more probable...

And regarding Flinches, I didn't notice any decrease like you said Zebra, 20% seems even low for Waterfall.

I remember in LeGaryOak's match in the Quagsire tournament, he got parahaxed 4 turns in a row. I can't speak much about other rng since I've not spectated much, but this one caught my eye. 

Losing a battle with 5 hurts from confuse in a row, after getting critted 4 times in the earlier battle is not normal.

Btw, is serene grace blissey bugged? More than 50% of the time I took a ice beam from it, it crits. (literally)

SOOO blissey t waves my lax on the switch, switches out para, para , para (leading into 3 spikes from skarm) I then switch out to get rid of the spikes, later in the duel lax comes back in. Curses once and then para para para vs a meta that didnt miss a single meteor mash and got a boost at the finishing blow, meaningless to say that I lost that duel. But yeah idk rng seems like CRAZY.

31 minutes ago, BurntZebra said:

I feel like flinches have decreased recently. Before, if I tallied rock slide flinches, it would have been close to 50-60% but now it seems like 10-30%. It's probably just perception and coincidence, but it does feel less.

i kind of doubt that devs just randomly change rng rates though, but I've noticed will o wisp has missed about 70% of the time. It's probably because I'm running gengar and using will o wisp more and I notice misses more, but sometimes I do wonder about the rng.

I feel the same, but man its rng, anything can happen.

1 minute ago, Champlooo said:

It just sounds like a bunch of bad luck, especially since xploz is saying the opposite of what zebra and Tyrone are saying.

Maybe.

Just wanted to get some other opinions because I talked with my teammates and they think quite the same. Also when I'm spectating battles of good players like Frags/Destructx, I sometimes feel a bit bad for them because they're just getting RNG'd each battle and lose lots of points on the leaderboard.

45 minutes ago, pachima said:

Losing a battle with 5 hurts from confuse in a row, after getting critted 4 times in the earlier battle is not normal.

Btw, is serene grace blissey bugged? More than 50% of the time I took a ice beam from it, it crits. (literally)

SG doesn't affect crit rates I'm pretty sure

4 hours ago, ShadowGary said:

Arimanius's battle in the 128-man tournament.

This, the second round battle is the bullshiest thing ever

3 hours ago, DoctorPBC said:

To be fair I watched one of gluumacs battles in the quagmire OU thingy, he 15+ body slams and not 1 para... so idk

And also this

• 1 month later...