PvE Team Building

Recycle got nerfed.

Edit1: You need to say (at Smeargle EV Section) that lvl 50 Electrode +speed nature 31 IV reaches 176 speed.

If you plan on killing hordes at Cerulean Cave BF1 you need to outspeed it.

(Cerulean Cave BF1 is currently best the best POWER LEVELING place)

Edit2: "daycare Pokemon gain 30% of the EXP gained from trainer battles and 50% of the EXP gained from wild encounters."

I gave you this info before, but i was testing with NON-OT pokes, so to give you more accurate info it is 60% exp from wild pokemons 40% exp from trainers pokemons

About Quagsire for Everstone farming:

I think we can reach level 32. (27+5?)

I would not recommend quagsire because his speed SUCKS.

But why do i need speed? To Run from battle or you will fail many times.

Poliwrath looks a lot more interesting (downside is not having recover)

You can learn REST and awake it outside battle using hotkey, its pretty fast.

Example:

Battle starts:

Thief

Geo/Grav attacks you and leaves you at yellow HP

Uses Rest

Run from battle

Press hotkey with Awakening (very cheap)

And continue

This is what i did when i was dumb enough to farm everstones, but everstone is so sh** that can be sh**ier than farming islands (sh** too)

Now, what about farming shards?

This is where Quagsire is the king.

Edit3:

Is it Dragon Breath or Dragon Rage?

Edit4:

Tested Catching pokes at Mt Pyre and it is too annoying because:

Dragon Rage's PP is very low

You get WoW'd

Pokes kill themselves with curse

You get Spite'd

A teammate recommended Charizard with False Swipe (10k BP) and hitting Slugmas at Mt Ember (FS+ball = 100%), and i don't see any downside besides beeing far (Mt Pyre is far too).

Edited by Uncandango

isnt foresight/odor sleuth enough to farm mt pyre ? how the pokes arent so stronk, u can have substitute if u fear w-o-w and use leftovers/shed bell  to recovery,

btw, there are the ones i like use, (i generally prefer brelloom instead smeargle due its 130 base atk, but after saw a few shiny whirlwind/roar escapes, i think maybe should be worth train a fuckdog

f9fddd04a9c24b01905bf164f3aa1e03.png

On 6/7/2016 at 11:00 PM, Uncandango said:

Recycle got nerfed.

Edit1: You need to say (at Smeargle EV Section) that lvl 50 Electrode +speed nature 31 IV reaches 176 speed.

If you plan on killing hordes at Cerulean Cave BF1 you need to outspeed it.

(Cerulean Cave BF1 is currently best the best POWER LEVELING place)

Edit2: "daycare Pokemon gain 30% of the EXP gained from trainer battles and 50% of the EXP gained from wild encounters."

I gave you this info before, but i was testing with NON-OT pokes, so to give you more accurate info it is 60% exp from wild pokemons 40% exp from trainers pokemons

About Quagsire for Everstone farming:

I think we can reach level 32. (27+5?)

I would not recommend quagsire because his speed SUCKS.

But why do i need speed? To Run from battle or you will fail many times.

Poliwrath looks a lot more interesting (downside is not having recover)

You can learn REST and awake it outside battle using hotkey, its pretty fast.

Example:

Battle starts:

Thief

Geo/Grav attacks you and leaves you at yellow HP

Uses Rest

Run from battle

Press hotkey with Awakening (very cheap)

And continue

This is what i did when i was dumb enough to farm everstones, but everstone is so sh** that can be sh**ier than farming islands (sh** too)

Now, what about farming shards?

This is where Quagsire is the king.

Edit3:

Is it Dragon Breath or Dragon Rage?

Edit4:

Tested Catching pokes at Mt Pyre and it is too annoying because:

Dragon Rage's PP is very low

You get WoW'd

Pokes kill themselves with curse

You get Spite'd

A teammate recommended Charizard with False Swipe (10k BP) and hitting Slugmas at Mt Ember (FS+ball = 100%), and i don't see any downside besides beeing far (Mt Pyre is far too).

-Well Mt. Pyre pretty much just expired now that Recycle is gone (aka no idea why Recycle got nerfed. Wasn't even that great, was too damn niche tbh). Before PP pretty much didn't matter because of Recycle so 10 PP wasn't a big deal at all. But even with all the issues you mentioned (and as I mentioned them in the guide) at the time Recycle was working, you caught a lot more Pokemon per hours versus Pokemon Tower. I've tested this and done the math myself. It's significantly faster. Probably not so much anymore because Devs hate using their brains sometimes topkek. Now the Slugma idea has to be looked at because...herp derp Recycle nerf. But I'm thinking about testing Catch Per House using Taunt+Dragon Rage method versus DR+Thunder Wave. T-Wave is not really used anyhow. If you Taunt, they cannot Curse, Will-O-Wisp nor Spite you which is great! In fact I like it already over Thunder Wave simply because if you are low on PP you won't get screwed out of your Leppa Berry because of Curse.

-Shard farming has yet to be included in here but it will be eventually.

-I actually meant Dragon Rage, not breath. My bad

-The speed thing doesn't matter for most level 100 Pokemon. Quagsire is one of the few Pokemon where it actually mattered hints me not mentioning that with Quagsire. Realistically speed at level 100 pretty much does nothing unless you are a very slow Pokemon or happen to be farming 50+ Pokemon with high base speeds. If that is the case (like how it was mentioned on the Fearow section) train your Pokemon to reach X speed but never anything more or else it is a waste of money, time etc. So yeah of course you need speed on Quagsire...he isn't level 100. This is why on the Quagsire section(s) there are no -Speeds nature in his section for budget reasons.

-Will correct the Smeargle section for those damn dirty Electrodes

On 6/8/2016 at 11:07 PM, Risadex said:

isnt foresight/odor sleuth enough to farm mt pyre ? how the pokes arent so stronk, u can have substitute if u fear w-o-w and use leftovers/shed bell  to recovery,

btw, there are the ones i like use, (i generally prefer brelloom instead smeargle due its 130 base atk, but after saw a few shiny whirlwind/roar escapes, i think maybe should be worth train a fuckdog

f9fddd04a9c24b01905bf164f3aa1e03.png

False Swipe+Sleuth/Sight is enough yes but it isn't nearly as fast. You only need to Dragon Rage 1 time and you can Ball them for over 90% catch rate. You have to use a extra turn for Foresight and that is 1 extra turn they have to Spite, Will-O-Wisp and Curse themselves you with. It isn't optimal because you will be taking a lot more damage over time and you'll be forced to use Recycle+Milk Drink much more often on top of that. It CAN work and it CAN be effective but isn't nearly as effective as Dragon Rage. At the time period that it was written to you have to use your use slot for Leppa Berry anyhow so Shell/Leftovers wouldn't of worked. 

The False Swipe+Sleuth set works much better in Lost Caves with Spore. Spore isn't a very effective move in Mt. Pyre anyhow since Insomnia. Tbh I should consider talking about Taunt in Mt. Pyre and test it out. Why Taunt? No Curse, no WoW and no Spite. Perfect solution for those who get annoyed at paying attention to DoT damage and PP.

The 130 Base Attack isn't necessary as a properly trained Smeargle will essentially 1 shot almost anything or near shot them from the level 40~60 range. Only time it'll truly matter is...I guess level 45 Loudreds but even then you bring them down to 5% HP. Anyhow,  yeah, Breloom is a good lazy/casual False Swiper for those who want to get the job done but just don't care. Thus he isn't mentioned in the guide for good reason.

In the original game Tropius would of been incredibly useful if we didn't have the ability to overwritten HM moves with other HM moves at all times.

Edited by Eldaust

yep, and for catching bulbas i am using lvl 56s haunters with night shade + hypnosis (lvl 25 bulba have a min. 57hp with 0 ivs) easy catch in two turns too =P

i am still looking for a realiable way of hunt lapras (rip taunt + false swipe)all that perish songs lol

7 hours ago, Risadex said:

yep, and for catching bulbas i am using lvl 56s haunters with night shade + hypnosis (lvl 25 bulba have a min. 57hp with 0 ivs) easy catch in two turns too =P

i am still looking for a realiable way of hunt lapras (rip taunt + false swipe)all that perish songs lol

Have you tried Shedninja? He is a Ghost type so he cannot be hit by Parish Song and he is able to learn False Swipe. Also you don't ever need to heal because lol. Also Confuse Ray doesn't hit through Wonderguard. My only concern is his speed but I believe at Level 100 he should be ok with running away from Pokemon around level 30~45 no problem.

1 hour ago, Eldaust said:

Have you tried Shedninja? He is a Ghost type so he cannot be hit by Parish Song

i am not sure, but i think only pokemmon with soundproof are immune to perish song, and btw lapras still ll be died after 5 turns if u dont catch him.TY

yeah i ve forgot about shedinja, ll try it for beldun and bulba hunt, ty in advance :D

On 6/12/2016 at 1:50 AM, Risadex said:

i am not sure, but i think only pokemmon with soundproof are immune to perish song, and btw lapras still ll be died after 5 turns if u dont catch him.TY

yeah i ve forgot about shedinja, ll try it for beldun and bulba hunt, ty in advance :D

If you could return the favor and test to see if Perish Song misses or not on Shedninja that would be fantastic. If it isn't for the ghost typing then Wonderguard should protect him and I believe Perish Song only counts down if the move succeeds on hitting. Straight from Bulbapedia wiki but I need to confirmed if it is programmed properly in PokeMMOIf you are able to check I can immediately add the idea to the guide without delay.

Edit: I checked if PokeMMO had Perish Song properly programmed into the game with Wonder Guard and it did not work. As of now Perish Song actives through Wonder Guard and then counts to 3. Once then Shedninja would avoid the damage and Lapras would commit suicide. Maybe in the #futuretm then Perish Song would work properly with Wonder Guard interactions. So yeah Shedninja isn't the most optimal Pokemon for Lapras farming.

Only way around Perish Song is to use Taunt then False Swipes. So yeah basically Smeargle is bae because he has Own Tempo which prevents confusion so no Confuse Ray. But really if you Taunt first turn then it doesn't matter. So yeah you just need Taunt.

Edited by Eldaust
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/9/2022 at 5:41 AM, DragoTamer said:

Is there a specific part you're interested in? Otherwise I could skim through the information and let you know

i like the thought of having a pve party where one slot is for a different reason and covers a decent amount of pve without having to change your party too much.. just wanted to know if these pokemon are still up to date as being bis for their reasoning

4 hours ago, qewou said:

i like the thought of having a pve party where one slot is for a different reason and covers a decent amount of pve without having to change your party too much.. just wanted to know if these pokemon are still up to date as being bis for their reasoning

This guide was very well written back then and still holds a lot of relevance for today, but some things have changed such as which pokes are better for which situations, optimal natures/builds, and what people tend to run. My main recommendation is that if you're limited by pokeyen, focus on the mons you need right now rather than building mons you may not use. For example, there's no need for a pickup pokemon like teddiursa, meowth, and munchlax if you don't plan to pickup. If you plan to farm hordes yourself to level up, i'd highly recommend teddiursa vs. Meowth, but Munchlax is another very popular choice. Pachirisu with pickup has more relevance now with Mt. Silver in order to combat seaking, golduck, and poliwhirl hordes. Rampardos with mold breaker EQ and other moves has seen relevance with Mt. Silver too.

With catchers, it's always nice to have a breloom and soak smeargle. A conversion smeargle to catch hordes that have recoil moves like relicanth, tauros, chansey, etc. is useful.

A slugma/magcargo is pretty nice for hatching eggs since both of its abilities are beneficial for egg hatching.

Banette is a fantastic thief pokemon

There are also alpha catching teams to keep in mind. I'd recommend writing down what you want to do and then looking over the PvE Pokemon section of the guide tavern: