Game of Thrones Discussion Thread. [SPOILERS]

Game of Thrones Poll 1  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Who do we dislike most?

Omg that felt like something sitraight out of the walking dead. Im sad now... i have to start my day off sad.

Im a lil confused tho. I thought 2 of the white walkers died already, the one dying in this episode making 3. Shouldnt that mean there should be only one left?

6 hours ago, Plague said:

So is Ghost the only remaining Dire Wolf?

Also fuck Bran, everything in this series is his fault. Little bastard should've just listened to his mom.

Arya's wolf, Nymeria didn't die as well iirc?

Wasn't that wolf ordered to be killed but Arya let it go in season 1 and we didn't hear anything from that? Its really awesome because Nymeria could come back and would make for an awesome scene.

edit: Oh btw, I did say few pages back, there is more to Hodor... There it is.

Edited by KaynineXL
11 hours ago, codylramey said:

Omg that felt like something sitraight out of the walking dead. Im sad now... i have to start my day off sad.

Hide contents

Im a lil confused tho. I thought 2 of the white walkers died already, the one dying in this episode making 3. Shouldnt that mean there should be only one left?

I'm pretty sure there are basically unlimited. All of the babies that were sacrificed became white walkers and there are probably more too. In one of the war episodes last season, they show a bunch of the white walkers in the back with the night's king

2 minutes ago, BurntZebra said:

I'm pretty sure there are basically unlimited. All of the babies that were sacrificed became white walkers and there are probably more too. In one of the war episodes last season, they show a bunch of the white walkers in the back with the night's king

I don't think so there are much white walkers. I counted them in the episode where Craster delivered his son to one of them, I guess they were like 10 or maybe 11, can't remember right now.  The real reason to fear them is how they can make an army of dead, which can be never ending. They kill more people, they get a bigger army every time. 

Just now, LiquidFrost said:

I don't think so there are much white walkers. I counted them in the episode where Craster delivered his son to one of them, I guess they were like 10 or maybe 11, can't remember right now.  The real reason to fear them is how they can make an army of dead, which can be never ending. They kill more people, they get a bigger army every time. 

Well yeah they're not unlimited, but I don't think it's like "oh we just need to kill these 10 and then they'll never come back because we killed them all". I mean the main threat is the night king who possesses basically all the power. I'd assume whenever the white walker threat is resolved (probably in the last season of the show), someone will have an awesome combat scene with the night king and then stab him with a piece of dragonglass or valyrian steel, which will probably just cripple the undead enough to consider them non important for the show. 

8 minutes ago, BurntZebra said:

Well yeah they're not unlimited, but I don't think it's like "oh we just need to kill these 10 and then they'll never come back because we killed them all". I mean the main threat is the night king who possesses basically all the power. I'd assume whenever the white walker threat is resolved (probably in the last season of the show), someone will have an awesome combat scene with the night king and then stab him with a piece of dragonglass or valyrian steel, which will probably just cripple the undead enough to consider them non important for the show. 

Indeed, the night king is the real alpha. Also, I think the Night King is the only one can actually transform the babies, so he might do that once again. Yes, there would be some final combat scene and yes I guess that's how we will see them dying.

4 minutes ago, kloneman said:

Speaking of last seasons, how many more is there going to be? Pretty sure they've almost caught up to the books. Georgy boy needs to hurry up and finish the next one.

3 minutes ago, codylramey said:

the show is going to pass the book

Show has already passed the books. I don't think so that's how White Walkers were actually created in the books. 

8 minutes ago, kloneman said:

Speaking of last seasons, how many more is there going to be? Pretty sure they've almost caught up to the books. Georgy boy needs to hurry up and finish the next one.

I want to say there's two more seasons after this one, but I'm too lazy to verify. I'm sure you can look it up and see if the writers of the show said anything. 

Dude, Tyrion is totally a Targaeryen (probably). Medically speaking, Achondroplasia, or 'dwarfism', is typically a mutation related to upregulation of the FGFR3 gene which leads to the complications that you see. It is commonly a heritable disorder, but it can also happen sporadically, which means that the gene or something around the gene was problematic during development. In lamen terms, something just fucked up. These 'sporadic' mutations become more likely with increasing paternal age. So if your dad was old when he conceived your sorry self, you have a higher likelihood of having achondroplasia. If Tyrion was fathered by The Mad King Aerys, then this crazy King was already a withered old man at this point and thus, Achondroplasia was more likely. Tywin was a young fellow at that point and thus, meh. It also explains why Tywin legit hated Tyrion (in addition to killing his wife in childbirth), but his pride was too much to admit to the world that The Mad King knocked up his young honey. 

Edited by DoubleJ