KaynineXL

Game of Thrones Discussion Thread. [SPOILERS]

Game of Thrones Poll 1  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Who do we dislike most?

Game of Thrones season 8 is like setting up a game of dominoes, except that once you're done setting them up, you decide to jump into the middle of them, knocking them all over at once.

It's entertaining, but it probably would have been more entertaining if they were knocked over properly.

4 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

Game of Thrones season 8 is like setting up a game of dominoes, except that once you're done setting them up, you decide to jump into the middle of them, knocking them all over at once.

It's entertaining, but it probably would have been more entertaining if they were knocked over properly.

Yeah they seem very eager to wrap the show to start working on their star wars project as soon as possible.

Man,i don't know what to say,in fact i have a lot to say but i'll just say in the end that this season 8 is really disappointing and them showrunners should no longer write a story.

Posted (edited)

Oh i forgot :

Daenarys in season 7 episode 5:" I dont want to be queen of the ashes".

Also Daenarys,in season 8 episode 5 :*Burns King's Landing to ashes.*

1557793242-img-20190514-002026.jpg

Edited by AlitoFernando

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, AlitoFernando said:

Oh i forgot :

Daenarys in season 7 episode 5:" I dont want to be queen of the ashes".

Also Daenarys,in season 8 episode 5 :*Burns King's Landing to ashes.*

1557793242-img-20190514-002026.jpg

The episode 5 memes are definitely great, but seeing how many people present this as some kind of actual plot hole or something, I really wish people would pay more attention because that's literally the point, that is her character arc. Her whole character development was to become the savior of Westeros, the 'breaker of chains', only to become the mad queen in the end through loss and betrayal, just like her father, which is the one thing she didn't want to become.

The only argument that there is to make regarding this twist is that it felt rushed/needed more setup, which noone can deny, Benioff&Weiss are clearly done caring, seeing how much the writing went downhill.

Edited by Dazuzi
Grammar.

22 hours ago, Dazuzi said:

Yeah they seem very eager to wrap the show to start working on their star wars project as soon as possible.

Which of course is exactly what Star Wars needs after they promised Rian Johnson a trilogy.

Just to be 100% clear, I'm being sarcastic

I was pretty amused by this small clip of a set designer in the trailer for the documentary they're putting out on Season 8 (Specifically 18 seconds in):

Which I think sums up the attitude Benioff and Weiss had to writing it.

ok, I thought s6-7 were ok, not bad. But s8 sucks ass. This is so bad

22 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

Which of course is exactly what Star Wars needs after they promised Rian Johnson a trilogy.

I think the plan is that they're gonna 3-way direct it I guess, or just have Johnson write the script, they're definitely working together on it.

Anyway, I hated TLJ, I don't think Johnson should touch a SW movie ever again.

So much wrong things in this episode.... 

Davos MPV 

Jon is pooped 

The hound deserved a better death

Jaime and Cersei death was dull 

Euron could not injury Jaime 

Varys was the most righteous in the end

If Arya is alive she will kill Daenerys or be killed by her

What the is the meaning of the horse sequence? 

22 hours ago, londark said:

So much wrong things in this episode.... 

Davos MPV 

Jon is pooped 

The hound deserved a better death

Jaime and Cersei death was dull 

Euron could not injury Jaime 

Varys was the most righteous in the end

If Arya is alive she will kill Daenerys or be killed by her

What the is the meaning of the horse sequence? 

Perhaps the horse was warged by Bran to get her out? It was a bit weird, I must say.

Posted (edited)

It honestly seems like people were disappointed when Arya killed the NK because it didn't follow Jon Snow's character arc, but then people were also not happy with Dany going crazy - when it followed her character arc super well. 

I really enjoyed episode 5, I was super interested in every single scene and I can't say that for the other episodes so far. I don't hate the season overall, but I do think we could have used a season for the NK story/battle and then another season for the Cersei story/battle. I have been feeling a tad disappointed when I compare it to previous seasons, but the show is probably crumbling under the fact that they have all of these characters on the same plane now and not separated by seas, cities, etc. 

rip adventures of Arya + the hound </3

Edited by Emlee

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Emlee said:

It honestly seems like people were disappointed when Arya killed the NK because it didn't follow Jon Snow's character arc, but then people were also not happy with Dany going crazy - when it followed her character arc super well. 

I really enjoyed episode 5, I was super interested in every single scene and I can't say that for the other episodes so far. I don't hate the season overall, but I do think we could have used a season for the KN story/battle and then another season for the Cersei story/battle. I have been feeling a tad disappointed when I compare it to previous seasons, but the show is probably crumbling under the fact that they have all of these characters on the same plane now and not separated by seas, cities, etc. 

rip adventures of Arya + the hound </3

I was never disappointed that Arya killed the NK, and I think a lot of others weren't. I think I, and others are more annoyed that the NK died without doing a whole lot. We waited so long to see what the NK does and he just got stabbed in a couple seconds and it's over.

Kinda the same with E5, we've waited so long for a battle vs the lannisters and perhaps to see Cersie die... But actually, the whole battle was just a dragon fucking everyone up and a couple seasons ago I'd be all for it(when I thought the dragons were untouchable), but we saw 1 ship take out a dragon last episode and now all of a sudden this 1 dragon wipes out of the whole of the lannisters and eurones fleet.

That said, I've not necessarily jumped on the bandwagon saying S8 has been terrible, I still enjoyed the episodes and the CGI and music was incredibly good as always... I just believe they could have made the story more worth the long long wait.

Edited by KaynineXL

7 hours ago, KaynineXL said:

I was never disappointed that Arya killed the NK, and I think a lot of others weren't. I think I, and others are more annoyed that the NK died without doing a whole lot. We waited so long to see what the NK does and he just got stabbed in a couple seconds and it's over.

Kinda the same with E5, we've waited so long for a battle vs the lannisters and perhaps to see Cersie die... But actually, the whole battle was just a dragon fucking everyone up and a couple seasons ago I'd be all for it(when I thought the dragons were untouchable), but we saw 1 ship take out a dragon last episode and now all of a sudden this 1 dragon wipes out of the whole of the lannisters and eurones fleet.

That said, I've not necessarily jumped on the bandwagon saying S8 has been terrible, I still enjoyed the episodes and the CGI and music was incredibly good as always... I just believe they could have made the story more worth the long long wait.

Yeah of course, I didn't necessarily mean you specifically or maybe even the people in this thread were annoyed about the Arya thing - but I know a lot of people weren't stoked about the inconsistently - the fact that the story had been setting up Jon to kill the KN for a long time. I wasn't in love with this inconsistency, but I did think it made sense that Arya was equip enough to kill him. 

I am also there with you regarding the dragon being untouchable again - it was a tad jarring hahah. I also think it's not too insane that the scorpion trick stops working on Dany after losing two dragons, but who knows hahaha. 

Posted (edited)

As i said before, Arya was most likely the only character that had a chance at killing the night king. No one else could have defeated him in a 1vs1 or even a more-than-1vs1...then for me the issue is, the entire Serie started with them, they were considered the biggest threat ever seen in westeros, than boom, 5 seconds, night King stabbed, and everything is done. We have so little information about them. How does the night King creates the others? What did he do all this time before the winter? What was the connection with Bran? It looked almost like they didn't even try. 

Same with Cersei, and to some extend Jaime (I still cant belive Euron was able to hit Jaime TWICE, or that he was even able to Kill a dragon). She didn't even had a last showdown with Daenerys or Tiryon (or Sansa, would have liked a reunion for them). It was like they went for the easy way to kill them, forgetting or even defeating all the characters grown till that point. 

Then, I belive the Daenerys change of mind was somewhat easy to call. 

The issue in my opinion is with Tiryon and Jon, starting with Varys death. They both let her execute the only real "good" character of the Serie (like, ha was actually really good, thinking about the people) without saying anything. 

I personally am not liking Jon this season at all, and I think Tiryon lost all his wits. 

Now let's take a second to remember how Davos was in every big battle in the Serie, and survived them all. 

Edited by londark

There is the ultimate finale spoiler being shared all over Instagram right now. It's basically a leaked set photo of who sits on the iron throne in the end. It was the first post in my explore feed today without any spoiler warning so I would advise staying off of it.

Feels good not having any kind of Social Network... 

Then again, fucking Google spoiled episode 3 for me, so whatever 

11 hours ago, londark said:

As i said before, Arya was most likely the only character that had a chance at killing the night king. No one else could have defeated him in a 1vs1 or even a more-than-1vs1...then for me the issue is, the entire Serie started with them, they were considered the biggest threat ever seen in westeros, than boom, 5 seconds, night King stabbed, and everything is done. We have so little information about them. How does the night King creates the others? What did he do all this time before the winter? What was the connection with Bran? It looked almost like they didn't even try. 

Same with Cersei, and to some extend Jaime (I still cant belive Euron was able to hit Jaime TWICE, or that he was even able to Kill a dragon). She didn't even had a last showdown with Daenerys or Tiryon (or Sansa, would have liked a reunion for them). It was like they went for the easy way to kill them, forgetting or even defeating all the characters grown till that point. 

Then, I belive the Daenerys change of mind was somewhat easy to call. 

The issue in my opinion is with Tiryon and Jon, starting with Varys death. They both let her execute the only real "good" character of the Serie (like, ha was actually really good, thinking about the people) without saying anything. 

I personally am not liking Jon this season at all, and I think Tiryon lost all his wits. 

Now let's take a second to remember how Davos was in every big battle in the Serie, and survived them all. 

I really agree with you on the NK let down. There should have been something bigger for that battle - I think it needed at least three episodes? Just more development, and more answers I agree. Bran can go to hell though omg, he's been such comic relief for me this season hahahaha. 

There wasn't really any arguing against Dany killing Varys I think. He was trying to kill/poison her and he knew the consequences (she told him on a previous season what she would do if he betrayed her). I loved Varys - I cried when he died. He went down trying - and is one of the only people to make a move against the obvious Dany madness that was about to happen haha. He was a great character. rip

hahahah Jon has always been an idiot, right? I did appreciate how genuine Kit's acting seemed in episode 5 when he realised the battle was happening regardless of what he wanted. Absolutely devastated. 

Posted (edited)
On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 7:37 PM, Flavawhat said:

that sounds a bit too useful for Bran.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Even worse that podrick gonna be his side uguu. Who would have thought that this epic series would have such as fcking trash ending. New Iron throne gonna be a wheelchair lmfao. OP

Spoiler for what's about to come. 

Edited by Goku

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

Careful of the downsydrome kid above giving spoilers of leaked episodes. He doesn't understand "spoilers" in the title means spoilers of the newest non-leaked episodes.

Sorted

Edited by Goku

8 minutes ago, Goku said:

Watch yourself XS. No need to be so insecure. 

How exactly is he insecure? Do you have the slightest clue about what the word even means?

Don't post leaks about upcoming episodes before they're aired, it's really simple.