Game of Thrones Discussion Thread. [SPOILERS]

Game of Thrones Poll 1  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Who do we dislike most?

On 5/9/2016 at 1:20 PM, DoubleJ said:

Filler and HYPE episode

Hide contents

Jon Snow dropping the title of Lord Commander is actually going to be huge story wise. I can only predict that he will march off with the wildlings and my bae, Tormund. To stretch even further than this, when Jon Snow and the wildlings leave, Ramsey will invade and massacre the Night's Watch (RIP Dolorous Edd). He will learn of this and war will proceed in the North. 

nope

On 5/9/2016 at 4:45 PM, KaynineXL said:

Real spoiler

Hide contents

I enjoyed this episode because I think it tells you some big things. Like JJ said, Jon Snow can now go do his own thing, I really hope he goes and finds his "sisters", after so many seasons I think we're all ready for the them to be reunited.

Another spoiler here because I watched a video about a something someone predicted and it seems it could be true, especially with what we saw. So it might not be true, but I think it is.

Hide contents

That part where Bran Stark went back and watched Ned fight those knights, in the tower there was a girl screaming, I think that's Neds sister in labour who could be giving birth to Jon Snow. That's what someone predicted and in that episode it sounds like it's actually happening.

yup

On 5/10/2016 at 4:24 PM, KaynineXL said:

H-hold up...

Who said The Hound is dead? Sure he was in a bad state when Arya left him, but did we actually see him die?? :) I believe.

10/10

On 5/10/2016 at 8:31 PM, KaynineXL said:

Arya is hot.

gay

go on... no hetero?

On 5/26/2016 at 1:32 PM, DoubleJ said:

Dude, Tyrion is totally a Targaeryen (probably). Medically speaking, Achondroplasia, or 'dwarfism', is typically a mutation related to upregulation of the FGFR3 gene which leads to the complications that you see. It is commonly a heritable disorder, but it can also happen sporadically, which means that the gene or something around the gene was problematic during development. In lamen terms, something just fucked up. These 'sporadic' mutations become more likely with increasing paternal age. So if your dad was old when he conceived your sorry self, you have a higher likelihood of having achondroplasia. If Tyrion was fathered by The Mad King Aerys, then this crazy King was already a withered old man at this point and thus, Achondroplasia was more likely. Tywin was a young fellow at that point and thus, meh. It also explains why Tywin legit hated Tyrion (in addition to killing his wife in childbirth), but his pride was too much to admit to the world that The Mad King knocked up his young honey. 

i dont think tywin would let a targaeryen male live for any reason. better to "kill his dwarf child for being a dwarf" then let a heir to the throne survive who may one day threaten his grandchildren.

On 6/13/2016 at 5:42 PM, JayMetaGod said:

Are the Wildlings armed enough to even put up a fight though.

Boltons men have full armor.

If Jon Snow loses I will be super tight.

LF some black water shit to turn it around.

armor is heavy. also they got a lot of weapons from the nights watch and noble houses.

On 6/21/2016 at 8:52 PM, KaynineXL said:

I really hope next episode we get to see Arya reunited with Sansa and Jon, also.. maybe even The Hound..

That would be so cool. I'm still an Arya fan :)

i lost hope a bit with arya while she was doing the whole "i want to be no one" thing but i got it back. the whole reasoning of it is flawed. the whole point of learning from them is so she can get her revenge. however if she truly becomes no one she wont have any reason for revenge. it ridiculous and everyone should have realized this sooner.

On 6/27/2016 at 7:08 PM, Rendiz said:

I honestly have no idea how the Lannisters have any chance and won't get completely flattened. They have almost no allies and way too many enemies not to mention that all of the events over the last few seasons most likely haven't helped all that much. How can they realistically attempt to fight VS The Unsullied, The Dothraki, The Tyrells, The Martells and 3 dragons all by themselves?

Overall good episode outside of the pacing. I don't mind the time jumps necessarily, it just felt weird for everything to happen so suddenly with multiple time jumps when the first 8 episodes of the season for the most part progressed so slowly. My main complaint is now we have to wait forever for the next episode.

well the dothraki are not so good at taking citys/castles with large walls. typically the huns and mongols who they are based off of were horrible at it. they would often employ mercenarys to help with the seige craft or use captured slaves. the dothraki are made for fighting in the feild not seige warfare. the unsullied are better at it but they mostly were used as guards. trained well but not trained for large battles. the islanders are better at it, but not great. they managed t take a few lightly defended castle but lost them all. best bet is a alliance with the north or dragons melting down the walls. however one good shot with a balista and no more dragon. jamie is smart enough and rich enough to prepare by setting up balistas everywhere. the weirdos with the gold mask managed to fuck up drogon pretty bad with just spears. a 6 foot spear meant to peirce through armor at several hundered feet could kill.

also im all caught up. hi

2 hours ago, BurntZebra said:

How old is Arya supposed to be in the books? She was probably 12 when they first started filiming and she's 19 now, although I'd imagine she's definitely not that old in the books. I guess probably closer to 15-16 or so. 

Sansa is 14, Margery 12 and Tommen 9 when they were getting married.

29 minutes ago, Bishav said:

Sansa is 14, Margery 12 and Tommen 9 when they were getting married.

Hm according to sources online, Margaery would have been like 16-18 when she married Tommen in the books (apparently she was 16 when she married Renly). Apparently Sansa was 13 at the beginning of the show/books and so she'd be like 17 now. I guess they just made everyone a few years older, would be pretty weird for a lot of the main actors/actresses to be all under 18. And yeah it seems Tommen was 9 when he married Margaery. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was rewatching GoT cause I didn't get it the first time around.

In the final episode of Season 4, when Brandon Stark meets the 'Three Eyed Raven', the Raven tells him: "You will never walk again, but you will fly".

With Daenerys coming to Westeros with her dragons, I believe Brandon Stark might be able to Warg into one of her dragons and defeat the White Walkers with it.

Why do I believe this theory?

Dragon Glass kills White Walkers.

Safe to assume Dragon Breath / Fire would also kill them.

Brandon is the only warg who can control humans (HODOR), even without any training.

So with more training, he could be able to control a dragon.

What else could fend off the army of the dead and white walkers? The wall won't stop them.

2 minutes ago, Tyrone said:

In the final episode of Season 4, when Brandon Stark meets the 'Three Eyed Raven', the Raven tells him: "You will never walk again, but you will fly".

With Daenerys coming to Westeros with her dragons, I believe Brandon Stark might be able to Warg into one of her dragons and defeat the White Walkers with it.

Brandon is the only warg who can control humans (HODOR), even without any training.

What else could fend off the army of the dead and white walkers? The wall won't stop them.

I mean there are only a few ways to fly, so controlling dragons isn't out of the question. The thing I'm wondering is, why wouldn't Dany and presumably Jon just ride the dragons and take out the white walkers (if they go north enough to meet Bran, I'm sure they would be somewhat aware of the walkers). I feel like this theory won't come into fruition for a while though, considering the next two seasons are shorter, and a lot of stuff needs to happen first. Dany still needs to sail across which will probably be done by episode one. Dany needs to take over the throne, have some interactions with Jon and probably Euron too, then be alerted and educated on the upcoming white walker conflict, then maybe Jon will meet up with Bran. Actually isn't Bran looking for Jon right now, so maybe that won't be necessary. I can't remember all the details after a few months of not watching it, but yeah, I'd imagine the war between the dragons and white walkers will probably be in the last season. 

1 hour ago, Tyrone said:

my question is, why would he need to control them? when they already fight for danny on command.