Game of Thrones Discussion Thread. [SPOILERS]

Game of Thrones Poll 1  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Who do we dislike most?

No white walkers and no mention of the hound for the last few episodes

am dissapoint, but also hype as fuark for next season

Cercei looking boss mode but her death seriously has to be coming soon... she isnt as bad as Ramsey Bolton or Joffrey but damn she is becoming a well hated character

Daenerys seriously going to fuck shit up but I genuinely believe she is going to get dragged into the white walker war and get her funk on with Jon Snow

Little Finger still being a scheving uguu as per usual

Frey Pie huehuehue

Arya Stark looking psychotic as shit 

annddddddddddd Sam still going to pound town on the cutest girl in the series, top man showing all fat lads how its done

Good episode imo

1 hour ago, Plague said:

RIP the following:

Hide contents

Cousin Lancel

High Sparrow

Margaery Tyrell (NOOOOOOOOOOOOO)

Loras Tyrell

Mace Tyrell

Dozens to hundreds of random nobles/civilians around the vicinity of that explosion

Pycelle

Tommen "Baratheon"

Walder Frey

I miss anyone?

Spoiler

Walder Frey's weird greasy kids too

Anyways, fantastic episode, although I'm still not a fan of Cersei. Not even Jamie wants to see her on the throne. Tommen's death was a bit weird, felt almost comedic the way it was done. Almost felt bad for Lancel too, but not entirely, since he was shitty the past few seasons. Dany story isn't too suprising. I can definitely see her becoming the next mad king though. I'm somewhat surprised that Arya made it to Westeros already and made it to riverrun. When that girl delivered that "food", I was trying to figure out what kind of pie/cake thing that was, because it looked quite foul and mysterious. 

One thing I don't get, is how Varys was in Dorne in the one scene and then is on the boat with Dany at the end of the episode. Is he a wizard or something? Or a faceless man? 

Also it seems you have beaten me to the punch on adding the frey pie to the list of deaths. 

Also was the mountain actually raping the nun person? Or was just staring at her enough to cause her to scream. I didn't really pick up what Cersei said besides that the mountain was quiet too. 

Edited by BurntZebra

So, uh. I got to thinking about how this invasion was going to end up going militarily, which obviously made me want to bring up a map and make sure I understood where everything was geographically.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/gameofthrones/images/7/7e/The_known_world_HBO.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130507121142

...I didn't. For some reason I thought Meereen/Yunkai/Astapor were much further west than they are, and therefore much closer to Westeros. What the fuck route are they using to get from Slavers Bay to Westeros? Are they cutting through the Smoking Sea (aka the DO NOT ENTER zone)/Summer Sea to Sunspear and marching north? Are they saying fuck that and going right up through the Narrow Sea to get as close to Kings Landing as possible, maybe Storms End? Is that shit to the east of Qarth just unknown territory?

I also apparently had no fucking idea where the Iron Islands were god damn.

Edited by Plague
13 minutes ago, Plague said:

Is that shit to the east of Qarth just unknown territory?

Id guess that with their new found alliances theyll enter the south of westeros and then go north wrecking stuff on the way

and pretty much, afaik nobody knows whats to the west of westeros or to the east of qarth

in that map there is missing some big ass continental land to the south

theory says westeros = britbongistan, east of westeros = yuurop/asia, south continent with "monstrous people and animals" = africa and west of westeros = 'murica?

Wow what an episode,

R+L=J being pretty much confirmed, Arya's assassination, Tommen's death, Cersei blowing up the Sept and becoming Queen, Ser Davos confronting Melissandre and Lady Mormont being as blunt as ever.

Jaime needs to start fighting for the right side and I'm pretty sure Olenna Tyrell will see to a painful revenge for the deaths of her Grandchildren.

It's going to be a long wait for Season 7, but damn is it going to be good.

This goes out to anyone who talks about how fast the characters move around. What if, instead of everything happening at the same time, each plot line is set in a different time and time speeds up or slows down for them as needed. Im going to put my example in a spoiler.

So for example lord varys seemly teleports back to mareen after his trip. We see him at the sandsnakes place and then in the span of an 8th of an episode hes on the ships with daynares. But if we are assuming that everything we see in this episode happens at the same time then we would have to assume it took him an entire episode to make it to the sandsnakes, so how did he make it back so fast? What if when we see him with the sandsnakes at the same time mareen was still being attacked by the masters? And his timeline doesnt meet up with danys and the others until you see him on the ship. So when we see varys lets assume that mareen is still under attack. He makes his deal, and danys just defeated the masters. He starts traveling back and mareen is still recovering. Mareen is now recovered (which would take a while) and dany starts preparing her ships. Varys makes it back when they are about done (but after the scene with dany and tyron) and discovers all that had happened. Hes happy everyone is okay, maybe even tells them about the deal with the sandsnakes, and a day later they are ready to set sail.

I mean you kind of have to assume that the time lines of each plot point dont exactly line up, otherwise it would be impossible to tell each characters story side by side w/o dedicating entire episodes to travel/not having the characters in them. That or you can just accept that the show has to put holes in the timelines in order to tell everyones story while not spoiling anything too soon and having all of the players in the right place at the right time.

It's safe to assume Varys scenes were weeks, if not months, apart in the timeline

Quotes from GRRM and one of the producers regarding timelines

I have deliberately tried to be vague about such things, so I don’t have obsessive fans with rulers measuring distances on the map and telling me Ned couldn’t get from X to Y in the time I say he did. – GRRM

The timelines between the various storylines don’t necessarily line up within a given episode. For instance, the “Northern Tour” Jon and Sansa embark on would probably take a couple weeks, but Arya’s storyline over the past few episodes only spans a few days. We realized a while ago that if we tied ourselves in knots trying to make all the “story days” line up between all the characters the momentum would suffer. – Bryan Cogman

If you watch the Targaryen fleet in the end you can see ships with roses (Tyrells) and suns (Martells) on their sails confirming that those two houses sailed to Mereen to pick up Dany and her armada

Who would lead house tyrell now? Just olenna? Well I guess they were screwed anyways when loras renounced his titles and land. It seems Dany is pretty much unstoppable now, I just hope she doesn't just randomly get stabbed in the back or something before she conquers everything.

THE KING IN THE NORTH THE KING IN THE NORTH THE KING IN THE NORTH THE KING IN THE NORTH THE KING IN THE NORTH THE KING IN THE NORTH THE KING IN THE NORTH THE KING IN THE NORTH THE KING IN THE NORTH THE KING IN THE NORTH THE KING IN THE NORTH THE KING IN THE NORTH 

I honestly have no idea how the Lannisters have any chance and won't get completely flattened. They have almost no allies and way too many enemies not to mention that all of the events over the last few seasons most likely haven't helped all that much. How can they realistically attempt to fight VS The Unsullied, The Dothraki, The Tyrells, The Martells and 3 dragons all by themselves?

Overall good episode outside of the pacing. I don't mind the time jumps necessarily, it just felt weird for everything to happen so suddenly with multiple time jumps when the first 8 episodes of the season for the most part progressed so slowly. My main complaint is now we have to wait forever for the next episode.