Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
KaynineXL

Game of Thrones Discussion Thread. [SPOILERS]

Game of Thrones Poll 1  

136 members have voted

  1. 1. Who do we dislike most?



Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, SneaKyKhaLidA said:

This is true,

 

If you see him in interviews or on his twitter he is the complete opposite , hella funny and chill lol so different to see him as ramsay.

In Misfits, he's a real quiet shy person, so it was strange when I saw him in GoT lol.

Share this post


Link to post



I think most of us can assume Cersei is going to burn down the Sept, and potentially her own son, with the wildfire left over from the Mad King's reign. I'm wondering if she allows herself to be burned down with it? 

 

She very much believes in the prophecy (not sure if that's the right word to use) that she was given by the witch when she was a child. That all her children, the only thing that matters to her in this world, will die. She has absolutely no allies (something she did to herself) other than Jamie, Qyburn, and the Zombie Mountain

 

It could end up being a self-fulfilling prophecy. She believes in the witches fortune so badly that she ends up finishing the job herself

 

I'd be surprised if it plays out this way, just something to think about

Share this post


Link to post

Apparently people give the actor who plays ramsey shit. Its kind of sad. You guys are right he is an incredibly talented actor.

 

Now for some thoughts on the episode



The mareen scene was epic. The CGI designers did an amazing job on the dragons. The masters proved themselves to be complete idiots. Why would they think they can take mareen, Danys got dragons. But yea that went down exactly like we all knew it would. One thing i dont get is why did daenerys forgive tyrion so easily. He fucked up bad. I love the lil guy, and peter dinklage is also an amazing actor,  but he did fuck up. Although the siege probably wasnt his fault, it was bound to happen anyway, i dont see daenerys being okay with the deal he made anyway. I would think that she would see it as a betrayal of her cause. But i digress because they made up for it withe the Yara and Daenerys scene. Was anyone else hoping they accidentally stumbled upon the stuff HBO use to show at night during this scene?

 

Now onto the battle of the bastards. The scene where sansa and jon are talking was interesting. You could tell that sansa legit held herself back from telling Jon about littlefinger. Like it wasnt just something that happened so that the battle could commence and so there could be tension. Jon asked where will we get more men and the camera got a shot of sansas face where she looked like she was going to say something but didnt. I think there was a reason why she didnt tell him, one that may become a small plot point later in the series.

 

The battle was fucking epic. But lets start at the beginning. People are giving reckon shit for not zig zagging, and its funny as hell, but understand that he had a line of archers thousands of men wide that could have fired upon him at any time. Zigzaging would be pointless then. His best hope was to get as far away as possible and hope he makes it out of the arrows range.

 

Jon snow doe, he fell right into ramseys trap. Sansa warned him, she told him reckon was a dead man, and he went for it anyway. But thats honorable, idt i could leave my family out there to dry like that. But why did he charge like that after the deed was done. That was Stupid as fuck. He had time to get out of there but he didnt. And that mistake cost the lives of thousands of his men and wun wun (which was a much more tragic death than reckons. How fucked up are we as humans to think that way xD).

 

Sansa is definitely the smarter of the two. Anyone who is still a sansa hater at this point better be hating her for the right reasons. What i mean by that is that the hate use to come from how much of a victim she was, but that has changed 100% now. It seems that she has taken back control of her life and with it came a lot of power. And i love seeing a story about a women taking power from guys who take it from them. BUT i feel like she has become something not good. I kind of feel like Sansa will become as heartless as Ramsey and as manipulative as little finger. Thats why i think there is something more to why she didnt tell Jon about the vale. But we will see. The last bit of dialog between Sansa and Ramsey was interesting. He says "I am apart of you now." I see that as one of two possible things, either A Sansa is preggers and that line id foreshadowing for that, or B that Ramsey is putting into words what i just said about Sansa becoming a different person, a bad person.

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, KaynineXL said:

I'd also like to applaud Iwan Rheon, the actor that plays Ramsey.

 

Even though he was an ass in GoT, he made that character so fun to watch. He was always so smug and mean, but at the same time I found him quite funny.

Also thought he was great to watch in Misfits as Simon, idk if any of you have watched that.

 

It's just like with joffrey, such amazing performance. 

 

 

This episode was fire. I can't remember any single one which had so much action in it.
 

Spoiler

Well, maybe Stannis attacking King's Landing

 

... or Red wedding.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

I really hope next episode we get to see Arya reunited with Sansa and Jon, also.. maybe even The Hound..

 

That would be so cool. I'm still an Arya fan :)

Share this post


Link to post

Anyone hear the theory about the Mad King with and Bran?

 



The long and short of it is:

Mad King is king

White walkers making moves

Bran sees this in a vision

Bran tells him Mad King to "Burn them all" (Referring to the whites)

Mad king loses his shit screaming "Burn them all"

(Like we say Hodor lose his shit when he heard "Hold the Door" in one of Bran's visions)

Thoughts?

Think it's kinda fun

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, JayMetaGod said:

Anyone hear the theory about the Mad King with and Bran?

 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 


The long and short of it is:

Mad King is king

White walkers making moves

Bran sees this in a vision

Bran tells him Mad King to "Burn them all" (Referring to the whites)

Mad king loses his shit screaming "Burn them all"

(Like we say Hodor lose his shit when he heard "Hold the Door" in one of Bran's visions)
 

 

 

Thoughts?

Think it's kinda fun

Spoiler

I mean they did show scenes from that moment during Bran's vision, although the mad king was still somewhat mad before that happened. He was already obsessed with fire before any of that. He burned enemy villages and had the new king's hand put wildfire all over the city. Bran altering the past with "burn them all" probably didn't help the king's madness near the end though. I really hope there's some Bran stuff next episode. Been a few episodes since we've seen him and they kind of just left it off as a cliff hanger. Curious to see what his prophecy is actually as the three eyed raven. The old three eyed raven said he would fly, but I don't really know what flying they'd be referring to. Riding a dragon seems unlikely as I don't think he has any targaryen blood. I wonder if he can worg into a dragon though, that'd be pretty rad. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, BurntZebra said:
  Hide contents

I mean they did show scenes from that moment during Bran's vision, although the mad king was still somewhat mad before that happened. He was already obsessed with fire before any of that. He burned enemy villages and had the new king's hand put wildfire all over the city. Bran altering the past with "burn them all" probably didn't help the king's madness near the end though. I really hope there's some Bran stuff next episode. Been a few episodes since we've seen him and they kind of just left it off as a cliff hanger. Curious to see what his prophecy is actually as the three eyed raven. The old three eyed raven said he would fly, but I don't really know what flying they'd be referring to. Riding a dragon seems unlikely as I don't think he has any targaryen blood. I wonder if he can worg into a dragon though, that'd be pretty rad. 

Spoiler

Or by ravens, that could be nice too. 


But yeah, it's interesting plot, I hope they will show at least one scene in last episode. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, JayMetaGod said:

Anyone hear the theory about the Mad King with and Bran?

 

 

  Hide contents

 

 


The long and short of it is:

Mad King is king

White walkers making moves

Bran sees this in a vision

Bran tells him Mad King to "Burn them all" (Referring to the whites)

Mad king loses his shit screaming "Burn them all"

(Like we say Hodor lose his shit when he heard "Hold the Door" in one of Bran's visions)
 

 

 

Thoughts?

Think it's kinda fun

Spoiler

Yes, I heard that theory as well. It doesn't make any sense to me though. I doubt that Bran did anything like that, and in the show we were shown the visions of Mad king and his actions which had already happened, so Bran was seeing the past. So, I am thinking instead of Bran the three eyed Raven did all of that, since he has been north of the wall for years now with children of forest along with him, he must have known about white walkers for sure. So, maybe what he did was he tried to warn the mad king about them and tried telling him that to defeat white walkers he should burn them with wildfire. But he miserably failed doing so and fucked up the whole thing and Aerys went mad and we also know he used to get visions, so instead of burning white walkers he started burning people near him and then burnt the Starks as well which fueled the war and alliance between the other houses to take over the throne. This also explains why he was so reluctant telling Bran much about his powers and also in the tower of joy and the door episode we see that he tells Bran constantly to learn more because maybe he doesn't want Bran to fuck up like he might have done. 

Thoughts?

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, LiquidFrost said:
  Hide contents

Yes, I heard that theory as well. It doesn't make any sense to me though. I doubt that Bran did anything like that, and in the show we were shown the visions of Mad king and his actions which had already happened, so Bran was seeing the past. So, I am thinking instead of Bran the three eyed Raven did all of that, since he has been north of the wall for years now with children of forest along with him, he must have known about white walkers for sure. So, maybe what he did was he tried to warn the mad king about them and tried telling him that to defeat white walkers he should burn them with wildfire. But he miserably failed doing so and fucked up the whole thing and Aerys went mad and we also know he used to get visions, so instead of burning white walkers he started burning people near him and then burnt the Starks as well which fueled the war and alliance between the other houses to take over the throne. This also explains why he was so reluctant telling Bran much about his powers and also in the tower of joy and the door episode we see that he tells Bran constantly to learn more because maybe he doesn't want Bran to fuck up like he might have done. 

Thoughts?

Well you're not wrong but..

Spoiler

Bran can do this too. He can see a "vision" with Mad King and do it just like Old Raven could do it too. They both can see and affect past as we could see in Ned's past memory and with Hodor past memory. Even in Ned only heard Bran as a wind or he couldn't understand words too much. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

I just watched a throwback video and got to thinking which characters I miss the most. 

 

For me...

 

Guy: Oberyn

Girl: Ros

Share this post


Link to post

Prediction: Right now we have no reason to hate the Night's King. We have no emotional attachment. We just know he's bad and one day we will go to war with him. GRRM is all about character development and thus the Night's King must do something truly terrible before he is defeated (if he's defeated). So whom will he likely steamroll en route to going toe-to-toe with Danaerys and her dragons? Well sadly it might just be our newfound (and returning) lords of Winterfell. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

Prediction: Right now we have no reason to hate the Night's King. We have no emotional attachment. We just know he's bad and one day we will go to war with him. GRRM is all about character development and thus the Night's King must do something truly terrible before he is defeated (if he's defeated). So whom will he likely steamroll en route to going toe-to-toe with Danaerys and her dragons? Well sadly it might just be our newfound (and returning) lords of Winterfell. 

Is the night king allowed to pass the wall now? Because the wall was imbued with some magic to prevent the undead from crossing back when it was built, but does the night king just say screw the rules. Would also be really cool to see the undead breach the wall somehow.

 

I'd say at this point, winterfell is somewhat safe, unless the Freys get salty over the boltons losing. The first thing we would see get screwed by the others would be the watch, considering they moved off/killed off most of the characters in the watch and it's the closest thing in the path of destruction right now.

 

 

edit:

>implying the Freys can actually do anything 

Edited by BurntZebra

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, BurntZebra said:

Is the night king allowed to pass the wall now? Because the wall was imbued with some magic to prevent the undead from crossing back when it was built, but does the night king just say screw the rules. Would also be really cool to see the undead breach the wall somehow.

 

I'd say at this point, winterfell is somewhat safe, unless the Freys get salty over the boltons losing. The first thing we would see get screwed by the others would be the watch, considering they moved off/killed off most of the characters in the watch and it's the closest thing in the path of destruction right now.

The Watch is going to die regardless haha. In the books there is a thing called the "Horn of Winter", or the Horn of Joramun. If blown it is capable of raising giants and also... bringing down the fucking magical wall. In the books, Mance threatened to have the Horn to fuck over the night's watch, but it was likely a ploy and that never came to pass. 

 

Spoiler

Also in the books though, Euron Greyjoy has a very fucking badass horn that if blown, kills the person that blows it. He claims that he is capable of taming dragons with it and is seeking to use it on Dany's dragons if she turns down his marriage proposal (well likely will regardless). This horn may very well be the same horn that can bring down the wall. So I'm excited to see that storyline playout in its entirety. 

 

The idea that it kills the person blowing it and taming the dragon doesn't all add up, but Euron is like fuck it. Plans to have his brother blow it and believes he can still keeps the dragon. 

 

Share this post


Link to post



I think the mark left on Bran that allowed the Night King to find him so easily will have to do with how the WW army gets through the wall

7 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

The Watch is going to die regardless haha. In the books there is a thing called the "Horn of Winter", or the Horn of Joramun. If blown it is capable of raising giants and also... bringing down the fucking magical wall. In the books, Mance threatened to have the Horn to fuck over the night's watch, but it was likely a ploy and that never came to pass. 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Also in the books though, Euron Greyjoy has a very fucking badass horn that if blown, kills the person that blows it. He claims that he is capable of taming dragons with it and is seeking to use it on Dany's dragons if she turns down his marriage proposal (well likely will regardless). This horn may very well be the same horn that can bring down the wall. So I'm excited to see that storyline playout in its entirety. 

 

The idea that it kills the person blowing it and taming the dragon doesn't all add up, but Euron is like fuck it. Plans to have his brother blow it and believes he can still keeps the dragon. 

 

This just makes me want to read the books even more

 

Euron Greyjoy for the Iron Throne!! 

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, RedHairedShanks said:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 


I think the mark left on Bran that allowed the Night King to find him so easily will have to do with how the WW army gets through the wall
 

 

 

This just makes me want to read the books even more

 

Euron Greyjoy for the Iron Throne!! 

Euron is the biggest uguu you'll ever meet in the books. A lot more sadistic than in the tv show, and far more cunning.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.