Game of Thrones Discussion Thread. [SPOILERS]

Game of Thrones Poll 1  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Who do we dislike most?

Can't say i'm happy with the ending, I'm not a huge Jon Snow fan, but imo he got fucked over, he made the ultimate sacrifice and was basically told "Thank you for what you did, now go away" 

In case you're a reeeee and haven't watched the episode, and for whatever reason you are reading this thread, don't open the spoiler or even read my post.

This show has had a lot of impact full deaths and ones that make you feel something, and for a character like dany which we have had since season 1, her death was just not up to par I thought. However, drogon, slayer of chairs, was pretty neat.

Can't wait for "Arya tours the ocean NOW ON HBO"

the wolf getting his good boi pets was the best part.

overall ending 4.5/10

overall show 8/10 (not taking into account season 8, if I did that just wouldn't be a fair score)

Just my opinions

3 hours ago, SirDusty said:

Can't say i'm happy with the ending, I'm not a huge Jon Snow fan, but imo he got fucked over, he made the ultimate sacrifice and was basically told "Thank you for what you did, now go away" 

In case you're a reeeee and haven't watched the episode, and for whatever reason you are reading this thread, don't open the spoiler or even read my post.

Hide contents

This show has had a lot of impact full deaths and ones that make you feel something, and for a character like dany which we have had since season 1, her death was just not up to par I thought. However, drogon, slayer of chairs, was pretty neat.

Can't wait for "Arya tours the ocean NOW ON HBO"

the wolf getting his good boi pets was the best part.

overall ending 4.5/10

overall show 8/10 (not taking into account season 8, if I did that just wouldn't be a fair score)

Just my opinions

Dany's death was disappointing af. I would have liked to see some more emotion from her or smth. Same with Cersei who got owned by bricks. It just didn't cut it for me. As for bran the breaker of legs, he said in the episode he'll try to reach drogon after they saw him flying somewhere and again just smth that wasn't shown or didn't happen. When they wanted to choose a new king, Tyrion started talking about Bran and Bran was like yeh that's why I am here for I totally foresaw this lmfao. He could have warned Jon and yet he told him that he was right where he was suppose to be. Jon made the ultimate sacrifice and got the short end of the fcking stick for it. Sansa is the queen in the north even though she is the most useless character ever and never contributed anything. Like honestly if she kept her childish mouth shut and didn't tell Tyrion about Jon, things might have been a bit different. 

Predictable and slow episode. Tyrion spending 30 seconds placing fucking chairs... Fucksake

I didn't enjoy a single episode of this season, maybe 1 cause everyone gathered and prepared to fight a hype battle. (Battle was not hype btw).

No plot twists or cool deaths, dissapointing shit imo

Edit: No visible boobies or sex scene either all season... (Arya sideboob doesn't count)

Edited by Tyrone

The entire fact that they put so much effort into some random ass snow build-up at King's Landing was dumb as fuck. At first you're like "ok, it's just ash" and then you're like "wait a minute," and then it's blatantly obvious it's snowing and you're like "HOLY FUCK NIGHT KING IS BACK THE WHITE WALKERS ARE COMING!" only to be utterly disappointed because cut scene, suddenly summer. Much wow, much hype, yay doggo pets.  

23 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

The entire fact that they put so much effort into some random ass snow build-up at King's Landing was dumb as fuck. At first you're like "ok, it's just ash" and then you're like "wait a minute," and then it's blatantly obvious it's snowing and you're like "HOLY FUCK NIGHT KING IS BACK THE WHITE WALKERS ARE COMING!" only to be utterly disappointed because cut scene, suddenly summer. Much wow, much hype, yay doggo pets.  

I think they brought in the snow only to make the "winter is coming" quote to come to a full circle to make it look like "See it was planned like this all along!" as if it was still worth trying to convince the viewer at that point...

Anyways, at least we know what ending is not going to be in the books so that's something to look forward to.

16 hours ago, Chae said:

Anyways, at least we know what ending is not going to be in the books so that's something to look forward to.

We know this? I thought that a few things may change but not everything. My understanding is he wanted Bran on the throne, but par example he intended Jon to kill the NK and not Arya. I also understood that he was setting up Dany to go mad. I could easily be wrong, but I don't think he will change everything. 

Edited by Emlee
reworded
2 minutes ago, Emlee said:

We know this? I thought that a few things may change but not everything. My understanding is he wanted Bran on the throne, but par example he intended Jon to kill the NK and not Arya. I also understood that he was setting up Dany to go mad. I could easily be wrong, but I don't think he will change everything. 

agreed, from what i read from grrm its the ending he wanted - but not the way how it got there. Would be interested in a source claiming that there will be a different ending

On 5/23/2019 at 1:08 PM, Emlee said:

Well considering he still needs to write the last 2 books he could change his mind on anything at any time. It could've been what he wanted at this time, but it could be different once he's in the process of everything. He hasn't finished Winds of Winter yet and hasn't even begun a Dream of Spring. Not the mention all the changes the many, many drafts are to bring since a first draft always sucks.They could also change it up out of fear sales might drop by the fact the results won't change and therefore the story is "spoiled". Especially with all the backlash to the entire season it would be bad to look too similar to it.

"I’ve been so slow with these books," Martin told the Rolling Stone. "The major points of the ending will be things I told [Benioff and Weiss] five or six years ago. But there may also be changes, and there’ll be a lot added."

He told them these things five or six years ago, by the time he's editing the last book it'll be about 10+ years since he made his outline for the ending. That's an awful long time to still execute your creative ideas as you first intended them.

4 hours ago, Chae said:

Well considering he still needs to write the last 2 books he could change his mind on anything at any time. It could've been what he wanted at this time, but it could be different once he's in the process of everything. He hasn't finished Winds of Winter yet and hasn't even begun a Dream of Spring. Not the mention all the changes the many, many drafts are to bring since a first draft always sucks.They could also change it up out of fear sales might drop by the fact the results won't change and therefore the story is "spoiled". Especially with all the backlash to the entire season it would be bad to look too similar to it.

"I’ve been so slow with these books," Martin told the Rolling Stone. "The major points of the ending will be things I told [Benioff and Weiss] five or six years ago. But there may also be changes, and there’ll be a lot added."

He told them these things five or six years ago, by the time he's editing the last book it'll be about 10+ years since he made his outline for the ending. That's an awful long time to still execute your creative ideas as you first intended them.

i dont think he will make a lot of changes on his original ideas. i think its a mistake to think we KNOW what those ideas are for sure since they writers of the show could do anything with it and we are assuming they followed martins ideas.

48 minutes ago, Chae said:

That's an awful long time for him to survive.

On 5/24/2019 at 7:45 PM, Chae said:

My point is that we don't know what will change and what won't. So if you're saying "thank god the books will be different" and you were disappointed by Bran being king - then it could very well stay the same. The author mentioned that a big difference in the books is that some characters are still alive, whereas they were killed off in the show. Ça va.