Game of Thrones Discussion Thread. [SPOILERS]

Game of Thrones Poll 1  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Who do we dislike most?

22 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

Which of course is exactly what Star Wars needs after they promised Rian Johnson a trilogy.

I think the plan is that they're gonna 3-way direct it I guess, or just have Johnson write the script, they're definitely working together on it.

Anyway, I hated TLJ, I don't think Johnson should touch a SW movie ever again.

So much wrong things in this episode.... 

Davos MPV 

Jon is pooped 

The hound deserved a better death

Jaime and Cersei death was dull 

Euron could not injury Jaime 

Varys was the most righteous in the end

If Arya is alive she will kill Daenerys or be killed by her

What the is the meaning of the horse sequence? 

22 hours ago, londark said:

So much wrong things in this episode.... 

Davos MPV 

Jon is pooped 

The hound deserved a better death

Jaime and Cersei death was dull 

Euron could not injury Jaime 

Varys was the most righteous in the end

If Arya is alive she will kill Daenerys or be killed by her

What the is the meaning of the horse sequence? 

Perhaps the horse was warged by Bran to get her out? It was a bit weird, I must say.

It honestly seems like people were disappointed when Arya killed the NK because it didn't follow Jon Snow's character arc, but then people were also not happy with Dany going crazy - when it followed her character arc super well. 

I really enjoyed episode 5, I was super interested in every single scene and I can't say that for the other episodes so far. I don't hate the season overall, but I do think we could have used a season for the NK story/battle and then another season for the Cersei story/battle. I have been feeling a tad disappointed when I compare it to previous seasons, but the show is probably crumbling under the fact that they have all of these characters on the same plane now and not separated by seas, cities, etc. 

rip adventures of Arya + the hound </3

Edited by Emlee
1 hour ago, Emlee said:

It honestly seems like people were disappointed when Arya killed the NK because it didn't follow Jon Snow's character arc, but then people were also not happy with Dany going crazy - when it followed her character arc super well. 

I really enjoyed episode 5, I was super interested in every single scene and I can't say that for the other episodes so far. I don't hate the season overall, but I do think we could have used a season for the KN story/battle and then another season for the Cersei story/battle. I have been feeling a tad disappointed when I compare it to previous seasons, but the show is probably crumbling under the fact that they have all of these characters on the same plane now and not separated by seas, cities, etc. 

rip adventures of Arya + the hound </3

I was never disappointed that Arya killed the NK, and I think a lot of others weren't. I think I, and others are more annoyed that the NK died without doing a whole lot. We waited so long to see what the NK does and he just got stabbed in a couple seconds and it's over.

Kinda the same with E5, we've waited so long for a battle vs the lannisters and perhaps to see Cersie die... But actually, the whole battle was just a dragon fucking everyone up and a couple seasons ago I'd be all for it(when I thought the dragons were untouchable), but we saw 1 ship take out a dragon last episode and now all of a sudden this 1 dragon wipes out of the whole of the lannisters and eurones fleet.

That said, I've not necessarily jumped on the bandwagon saying S8 has been terrible, I still enjoyed the episodes and the CGI and music was incredibly good as always... I just believe they could have made the story more worth the long long wait.

Edited by KaynineXL
7 hours ago, KaynineXL said:

I was never disappointed that Arya killed the NK, and I think a lot of others weren't. I think I, and others are more annoyed that the NK died without doing a whole lot. We waited so long to see what the NK does and he just got stabbed in a couple seconds and it's over.

Kinda the same with E5, we've waited so long for a battle vs the lannisters and perhaps to see Cersie die... But actually, the whole battle was just a dragon fucking everyone up and a couple seasons ago I'd be all for it(when I thought the dragons were untouchable), but we saw 1 ship take out a dragon last episode and now all of a sudden this 1 dragon wipes out of the whole of the lannisters and eurones fleet.

That said, I've not necessarily jumped on the bandwagon saying S8 has been terrible, I still enjoyed the episodes and the CGI and music was incredibly good as always... I just believe they could have made the story more worth the long long wait.

Yeah of course, I didn't necessarily mean you specifically or maybe even the people in this thread were annoyed about the Arya thing - but I know a lot of people weren't stoked about the inconsistently - the fact that the story had been setting up Jon to kill the KN for a long time. I wasn't in love with this inconsistency, but I did think it made sense that Arya was equip enough to kill him. 

I am also there with you regarding the dragon being untouchable again - it was a tad jarring hahah. I also think it's not too insane that the scorpion trick stops working on Dany after losing two dragons, but who knows hahaha. 

As i said before, Arya was most likely the only character that had a chance at killing the night king. No one else could have defeated him in a 1vs1 or even a more-than-1vs1...then for me the issue is, the entire Serie started with them, they were considered the biggest threat ever seen in westeros, than boom, 5 seconds, night King stabbed, and everything is done. We have so little information about them. How does the night King creates the others? What did he do all this time before the winter? What was the connection with Bran? It looked almost like they didn't even try. 

Same with Cersei, and to some extend Jaime (I still cant belive Euron was able to hit Jaime TWICE, or that he was even able to Kill a dragon). She didn't even had a last showdown with Daenerys or Tiryon (or Sansa, would have liked a reunion for them). It was like they went for the easy way to kill them, forgetting or even defeating all the characters grown till that point. 

Then, I belive the Daenerys change of mind was somewhat easy to call. 

The issue in my opinion is with Tiryon and Jon, starting with Varys death. They both let her execute the only real "good" character of the Serie (like, ha was actually really good, thinking about the people) without saying anything. 

I personally am not liking Jon this season at all, and I think Tiryon lost all his wits. 

Now let's take a second to remember how Davos was in every big battle in the Serie, and survived them all. 

Edited by londark

There is the ultimate finale spoiler being shared all over Instagram right now. It's basically a leaked set photo of who sits on the iron throne in the end. It was the first post in my explore feed today without any spoiler warning so I would advise staying off of it.

11 hours ago, londark said:

As i said before, Arya was most likely the only character that had a chance at killing the night king. No one else could have defeated him in a 1vs1 or even a more-than-1vs1...then for me the issue is, the entire Serie started with them, they were considered the biggest threat ever seen in westeros, than boom, 5 seconds, night King stabbed, and everything is done. We have so little information about them. How does the night King creates the others? What did he do all this time before the winter? What was the connection with Bran? It looked almost like they didn't even try. 

Same with Cersei, and to some extend Jaime (I still cant belive Euron was able to hit Jaime TWICE, or that he was even able to Kill a dragon). She didn't even had a last showdown with Daenerys or Tiryon (or Sansa, would have liked a reunion for them). It was like they went for the easy way to kill them, forgetting or even defeating all the characters grown till that point. 

Then, I belive the Daenerys change of mind was somewhat easy to call. 

The issue in my opinion is with Tiryon and Jon, starting with Varys death. They both let her execute the only real "good" character of the Serie (like, ha was actually really good, thinking about the people) without saying anything. 

I personally am not liking Jon this season at all, and I think Tiryon lost all his wits. 

Now let's take a second to remember how Davos was in every big battle in the Serie, and survived them all. 

I really agree with you on the NK let down. There should have been something bigger for that battle - I think it needed at least three episodes? Just more development, and more answers I agree. Bran can go to hell though omg, he's been such comic relief for me this season hahahaha. 

There wasn't really any arguing against Dany killing Varys I think. He was trying to kill/poison her and he knew the consequences (she told him on a previous season what she would do if he betrayed her). I loved Varys - I cried when he died. He went down trying - and is one of the only people to make a move against the obvious Dany madness that was about to happen haha. He was a great character. rip

hahahah Jon has always been an idiot, right? I did appreciate how genuine Kit's acting seemed in episode 5 when he realised the battle was happening regardless of what he wanted. Absolutely devastated. 

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 7:37 PM, Flavawhat said:

that sounds a bit too useful for Bran.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Even worse that podrick gonna be his side uguu. Who would have thought that this epic series would have such as fcking trash ending. New Iron throne gonna be a wheelchair lmfao. OP

Spoiler for what's about to come. 

Edited by Goku
48 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

Careful of the downsydrome kid above giving spoilers of leaked episodes. He doesn't understand "spoilers" in the title means spoilers of the newest non-leaked episodes.

Sorted

Edited by Goku
8 minutes ago, Goku said:

Watch yourself XS. No need to be so insecure. 

How exactly is he insecure? Do you have the slightest clue about what the word even means?

Don't post leaks about upcoming episodes before they're aired, it's really simple. 

5 minutes ago, Dazuzi said:

How exactly is he insecure? Do you have the slightest clue about what the word even means?

Don't post leaks about upcoming episodes before they're aired, it's really simple. 

Someone leaked it and changed before I did. He didn't know that. So I thought it was okay to post and he asked me to put in spoilers and so I did. It's done. And please don't quote me. Just please don't xD. Like flareon also said gtfo dazuzi.

Someone leaked it and changed before I did. He didn't know that. So I thought it was okay to post and he asked me to put in spoilers and so I did.

You were the first to post it because you clearly don't understand the obvious concept of 'spoilers' in the title.

And please don't quote me. Just please don't xD. Like flareon also said gtfo dazuzi.

That's not what he said, but seeing how you throw a hissy fit and then attempt to run in the most childish way possible every time someone calls you out on your bullshit will never not be funny.

Spoiler

aLsO pLeAsE dOnT qUoTe Me xDDDDD

2 minutes ago, Dazuzi said:

You were the first to post it because you clearly don't understand the obvious concept of 'spoilers' in the title.

That's not what he said, but seeing how you throw a hissy fit and then attempt to run in the most childish way possible every time someone calls you out on your bullshit will never not be funny.

Reveal hidden contents

aLsO pLeAsE dOnT qUoTe Me xDDDDD

Fck I am starting to miss Xatu even he was better than you. There was a link in this thread about the entire thing even before you started posting here and that post got deleted or removed from the likes of it. That's how I knew about it. That spoiler you cautiously pointed out has been on the net like even before the 5th episode so I wasn't the first one who posted it here and it's under wraps now. I just thought it was still there and no one actually cared enough to mention it since this season was so trash anyways. Also on a side note stop being a troll dude. Like do you honestly think I give a fck about what you think.. fck you four eyes. Get your facts straight.

16 minutes ago, Goku said:

There was a link in this thread about the entire thing even before you started posting here and that post got deleted or removed from the likes of it. That's how I knew about it. That spoiler you cautiously pointed out has been on the net like even before the 5th episode so I wasn't the first one who posted it here and it's under wraps now. I just thought it was still there and no one actually cared enough to mention it since this season was so trash anyways.

You ever considered that it got removed for a reason and you should therefore also not do it? Don't post leaks about upcoming episodes, no matter if they were leaked before or not, can you please get this into your head?

Like do you honestly think I give a fck about what you think

I think you do care, it's clearly very tough on your ego to get corrected. 

fck you four eyes.

Ok.

4 minutes ago, Dazuzi said:

You ever considered that it got removed for a reason and you should therefore also not do it? Don't post leaks about upcoming episodes, no matter if they were leaked before or not, can you please get this into your head?

I think you do care, it's clearly very tough on your ego to get corrected. 

Ok.

Like I said I thought it was still there if you didn't read my post thoroughly enough. The reason why I stated what I said about kaynine is because we had a mishap on messanger which is cleared up now. Plz refrain from talking to me as it's clear you have a personal agenda which I find kind of sad. 

3 minutes ago, Goku said:

Like I said I thought it was still there if you didn't read my post thoroughly enough. The reason why I stated what I said about kaynine is because we had a mishap on messanger which is cleared up now. Plz refrain from talking to me as it's clear you have a personal agenda which I find kind of sad. 

Just ignore him Goku he is obviously looking for attention

To be totally honest

It was foreshadowed so many times, Martin said a lot of times he believes in a system like that. I'm not disappointed by ending, I'm disappointed at execution of last 2 seasons- they could have more time, they could have more scenes, explain it better.

If anything, this made me wait for books even more.