Game of Thrones Discussion Thread. [SPOILERS]

Game of Thrones Poll 1  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Who do we dislike most?

This episode was kinda bad like episode 3.

Continuity problems: What the fuck did King Landing look like this season, looked nothing like past seasons

Euron aka most useless character ever magically succeeds in everything he does because apparently ballistae have 100% accuracy

Lets fight a sea war, capsize a fleet, and capture Missandei in 30 seconds because we didn't spend 3 seasons for Arya to go from point A to point B.

It's probably just me

Anyway here's a meme

id30bdxq4mw21.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=dbd8a256626518116d9c62f5539585c7f653afc7

So I started GoT like 2~ weeks ago, binged it all and here I am. Glad I waited this long to watch it, because I'd be pissed if I had to wait over a year just for a season like this. The writers have lost their balls, to me there isn't that uncertainty anymore if a character is going to die or not, and I enjoyed that. Overall I've liked it thus far, really disappointed with the night kings death, and Theons death. I think it would have been better if Theon made a distraction and then Arya swooped in, instead she manged to get in front of all the whitewalkers with none of them doing anything? I get she's a trained assassin but I mean, come on dude. 

8.5/10, i'll give it a 9.5/10 if Jon dies.

Just my thoughts on it

if bran isn't the God of Light then he's the most useless character in all of Westeros. Not sure why I put this in a spoiler

22 hours ago, SirDusty said:

So I started GoT like 2~ weeks ago, binged it all and here I am. Glad I waited this long to watch it, because I'd be pissed if I had to wait over a year just for a season like this. The writers have lost their balls, to me there isn't that uncertainty anymore if a character is going to die or not, and I enjoyed that. Overall I've liked it thus far, really disappointed with the night kings death, and Theons death. I think it would have been better if Theon made a distraction and then Arya swooped in, instead she manged to get in front of all the whitewalkers with none of them doing anything? I get she's a trained assassin but I mean, come on dude. 

8.5/10, i'll give it a 9.5/10 if Jon dies.

Just my thoughts on it

Reveal hidden contents

if bran isn't the God of Light then he's the most useless character in all of Westeros. Not sure why I put this in a spoiler

dude, are you me? I just started from S1E1 just a few weeks ago, and caught up today... I pretty much agree with your assessment too. I think I've liked the recent seasons a bit more than most, but I do acknowledge some notable flaws, but mainly to do with the cinematics and not necessarily the story...

Honestly I love how powerful the trio of Sansa, Arya and Bran are. They were fucked from the beginning, and now they are the most powerful siblings in the 7 kingdoms by far.

My only hope is that Jon doesn't end up on the iron throne.

Honestly this episode made fckoll sense for me. I know she was triggered by the death of missandei and rhaegal but it's probably the fact that John has a bigger claim than her on the throne. I guess she felt like she protected innocents her entire life and she knew that she will not sit on the iron throne after all of that. So she destroyed the entire king's landing and it's people lmfao. I guess she felt like if she couldn't sit on it no one would. Mad af queen xDD

7 hours ago, Goku said:

Honestly this episode made fckoll sense for me. I know she was triggered by the death of missandei and rhaegal but it's probably the fact that John has a bigger claim than her on the throne. I guess she felt like she protected innocents her entire life and she knew that she will not sit on the iron throne after all of that. So she destroyed the entire king's landing and it's people lmfao. I guess she felt like if she couldn't sit on it no one would. Mad af queen xDD

i have a feeling like martins ending will be very different if he lives long enough to write it

11 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

i have a feeling like martins ending will be very different if he lives long enough to write it

hahahahahaha that episode was sooo bad, dont know if i should laugh or cry

i think this was martins ending, but the ways that will lead to it will be pretty different.

Edited by Quakkz
5 hours ago, Quakkz said:

hahahahahaha that episode was sooo bad, dont know if i should laugh or cry

i think this was martins ending, but the ways that will lead to it will be pretty different.

their is a interview of martin where he speaks of what influence he has on the tv show. his response was something like "i live in america and when they have a question they call me and we talk about it but they have the final say. im not there on the ground and dont know everything that goes on and am nto consulted on every detail." and while they mostly followed the books, now that they are in uncharted waters no ones happy, and for martin this means people will want to buy the books to read about what the "real ending" is.

4 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

Game of Thrones season 8 is like setting up a game of dominoes, except that once you're done setting them up, you decide to jump into the middle of them, knocking them all over at once.

It's entertaining, but it probably would have been more entertaining if they were knocked over properly.

Yeah they seem very eager to wrap the show to start working on their star wars project as soon as possible.

5 hours ago, AlitoFernando said:

Oh i forgot :

Daenarys in season 7 episode 5:" I dont want to be queen of the ashes".

Also Daenarys,in season 8 episode 5 :*Burns King's Landing to ashes.*

1557793242-img-20190514-002026.jpg

The episode 5 memes are definitely great, but seeing how many people present this as some kind of actual plot hole or something, I really wish people would pay more attention because that's literally the point, that is her character arc. Her whole character development was to become the savior of Westeros, the 'breaker of chains', only to become the mad queen in the end through loss and betrayal, just like her father, which is the one thing she didn't want to become.

The only argument that there is to make regarding this twist is that it felt rushed/needed more setup, which noone can deny, Benioff&Weiss are clearly done caring, seeing how much the writing went downhill.

Edited by Dazuzi
Grammar.
22 hours ago, Dazuzi said:

Yeah they seem very eager to wrap the show to start working on their star wars project as soon as possible.

Which of course is exactly what Star Wars needs after they promised Rian Johnson a trilogy.

Just to be 100% clear, I'm being sarcastic

I was pretty amused by this small clip of a set designer in the trailer for the documentary they're putting out on Season 8 (Specifically 18 seconds in):

Which I think sums up the attitude Benioff and Weiss had to writing it.