Game of Thrones Discussion Thread. [SPOILERS]

Game of Thrones Poll 1  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Who do we dislike most?

11 hours ago, AlitoFernando said:

It still don't make sense,it means that Jon's brother is called Aegon too ?

Maester Aemon also had a brother called Aegon, he referred to him as 'Egg' and this is talked about more in the books not exactly sure if it is noted in the T.V. show at all but the Aegon that Aemon is comparing to the wildling babe was once King of the Seven Kingdoms but is long dead at the time the show is set.

Here is a wiki page that might will give you more detail on this https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Aegon_V_Targaryen

Could it not be possible that he was talking about Jon? I always felt like Aemon knew who Jon really was.

I like this idea what makes it more interesting is that Aemon's last words to Jon were also his last words to his brother Aegon which were -

'Kill the boy and let the man be born'

Edited by Heavyhitter

Probably one of the better Jon tributes I've seen.

Spoilers.

5 hours ago, Plague said:

Pretty sure this + us not seeing a new book in forever is basically confirmation that Martin realized he wrote himself into a corner and was just like "hey guys do this with the series instead".

He's too busy trying on new hats.

10 hours ago, Heavyhitter said:

Maester Aemon also had a brother called Aegon, he referred to him as 'Egg' and this is talked about more in the books not exactly sure if it is noted in the T.V. show at all but the Aegon that Aemon is comparing to the wildling babe was once King of the Seven Kingdoms but is long dead at the time the show is set.

Fair enough,but iirc Rhaegar sons are Aegon and Rhaenarys and now we've found out that Jon's real name is Aegon too,so why Rhaegar and Lyanna names their third child Aegon too.Perharps we will have more details in the futur,I just hope that they don't screw this up

I was almost a bit sad about Little finger. Not saying he didn't deserve it, but he has been quite pathetic by being in love with a girl like 30 years younger than him etc. I'm a bit bummed at the overall rushed feeling of this season (ie being truncated to 7 episodes instead of 10) and the fact that season 8 might not come until 2019, which will also be only 6 episodes, so it'll probably be more of season 7. 

What annoyed me about the finale is not that it was rushed, that's okay because I like shit to get right to the action on the final episode. The thing that annoyed me was the whole episode was about something we already knew about. We already knew Jon was Rhaegars son, we knew they got married... So what did we even learn? His name is Aegon.... Cool, I'd rather it be Jon if I'm honest.

The Littlefinger death was the better part, at least something happened.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...