Game of Thrones Discussion Thread. [SPOILERS]

Game of Thrones Poll 1  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Who do we dislike most?

Thoros with the fire sword dannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng

I believe he is gonna die, but his friend will survive (and will not manage to resurrect him this time), Tormund not gonna die cause nobody can take his place in the Wildlings army, the Hound prolly will as I don't see his point in the show anymore, he has nothing left to accomplish, he's prolly gonna suicide for Jon or something like that (even if I don't see him dying easily), Jon not gonna die (but I can see him coming back with big wounds and Dany getting mad af and raping these dead fuks), Gendry not gonna die they need him, and Jorah might survive, I don't see why they would kill him when Cersei is gonna hire the mercenaries company he has been in, I think he is gonna live and have a deal with them to turn on Cersei (would be historical cause they never broke a contract before).

Edited by Kamimiii
On 2.05.2016 at 7:53 PM, KaynineXL said:

I like Game of Thrones. Feel free to talk about it here. Spoilers MUST be in spoiler tags with an extra caution making people aware there it is a legit spoiler otherwise I assure you, you will be hated by everyone.

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

GoT is not what it used to be. It's still a very good show, but it's not the same, it's not as epic as before. The story now unravels in a very lumpish fashion. I don't mind if events are predictable. However, it bothers me that characters now "teleport" to each other for a quick meeting or rescue mission. Before, every step or move a character made was well thought, was leading to the next stage in their story. Now, we skip from one scene to another, with no inbetween. I'm somewhat disappointed. 

14 minutes ago, gbwead said:
  Hide contents

GoT is not what it used to be. It's still a very good show, but it's not the same, it's not as epic as before. The story now unravels in a very lumpish fashion. I don't mind if events are predictable. However, it bothers me that characters now "teleport" to each other for a quick meeting or rescue mission. Before, every step or move a character made was well thought, was leading to the next stage in their story. Now, we skip from one scene to another, with no inbetween. I'm somewhat disappointed. 

I agree the show is a bit paced. It's like rushing to conclusions like never before.

I am weak willed and watched it instead of waiting until Sunday

Spoiler

I think the pacing issue is more from the TV development standpoint and not necessarily the writer's fault. Someone higher up probably limited game of thrones to 8 seasons (and for some reason, had them truncate seasons 7+8 to 7 and 6 episodes each). I'm willing to suspend my disbelief on traveling just so it doesn't take several episodes for there to be payoff (especially when we only have 7 episodes this season to push the story along).

This episode revealed basically the end plan for the show, which would be for Jon to kill the Night King which would result in the rest of the undead "dying" off as well. I am a bit angry with the show for having a character like Bran who sees into the past, can change the past, and can see pretty much anything anywhere, and yet, they don't have him do anything. Why is Bran just not watching the Night King 24/7? Like that is his only purpose in the show. Not to mention that he can change the past, which just makes so many plot holes in the show since he basically has unlimited power, and decides to do nothing with it.

Overall the episode was alright with the battle scenes, but I felt like not enough happened and they are just setting up countless cliff hangers for the season finale. I was really hoping Arya would just put on Petyr's face as she was talking to Sansa about the faceless men, but alas that did not happen. We'll probably see Littlefinger's devious plans come into fruition to some extent next episode. The whole mission to capture a wight was pretty stupid tbh. It probably won't even convince Cersei to do anything because she is literally insane and too paranoid to let her guard down to fight the greater enemy. 

There were a surprising amount of funny scenes in this episode. Tormund talking about Brienne to the Hound was probably the funniest thing I've seen in this season. I really hope Tormund goes down to King's Landing and gets to meet up with Brienne. I hope for at least one happy ending.