Game of Thrones Discussion Thread. [SPOILERS]

Game of Thrones Poll 1  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Who do we dislike most?

Omg that episode was epic. It feels like a reward for every bad episode we have ever had to sit through. Even more so than the battle of the bastards because i was not expecting that.

This season has seriously been one of the best. We watched all of these characters develop their skills and talents and now its all coming together to create one hell of a season. Its moving so fast too, but no so fast to where i feel like we are missing stuff (which we are if you compare to the books but thats nbd). I loved this episode and cant wait for the next.

P.S. Arya's a badass. Deal with it haters.

8 hours ago, KaynineXL said:

Ya like Doc said, at first Brienne was going slow because you obviously don't try your hardest on someone "training", once she realised Arya was good, she put more into it and it was still tough.

Brienne is huge with a big sword making her slower. Arya is small which means she's a smaller target(says the great Syrio Forel) and holds a light sword and a dagger meaning she's very fast. Arya's fight style is perfect for Brienne as long as she don't get caught.

^this but also surprise. brienne didnt even know their was other ways to fight. everything she has been taught her entire life was fighting techniques made to fight people who fight exactly the same way. when your country's fighting techniques havent changed in millennia, you arent taught why, just how. brienne and quite a few others are going to have to evaluate why they do what they do and make some changes for the like of arya, but also the walkers.

first time i fought a black belt i got shit on not because i couldnt react but because i have never seen anyone do what he did before, and i couldn't think up moves to counter his on the fly in time.

5 minutes ago, Kanzo said:

Man Arya is the only thing that ruins this big man show. Its like an overrated not very relevant character in this whole big game. Or is it more like this whole overrated character played by a ugly ass girl who looks like a little shitty boy. Either way she ruins every beautyfull aspect of this show with that overrated not realistic bullshit little sword lmao.

Bro ik you just wanna be able to do that irl, dont be so jelly plz thxx.

Yeh Jamie isn't going to die, the prophecy wouldn't allow it which has been true thus far.

Bronn is probably going to die sooner or later I imagine, but It would be a shame to just lose him like that, I feel like he deserves a good death scene because he's a beast.

3 hours ago, Flavawhat said:

jamie or bronn should have died there tbh. 

episode was hype af. must ve been a tough call for tyrion

Exactly this. Watching the episode and how it progressed, I just knew in my bones we'd lose a major character. I was utterly disappointed when it didn't happen and it was the first time the series has let me down. If GRRM was in charge, they both would have died very, very violently. 

Also, Arya didn't "beat Brienne". All she did was poke a giant woman in her giant armor chest plate. In a real fight she would not have been able to break Bri's armor and would have gotten kabob'd by her giant sword. This isn't Oberyn vs The Mountain, this was a little girl with a short, fencing sword taking on a woman 5x her side in full war garb. 

ggNORE Arya, you suck ass. 

15 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

Exactly this. Watching the episode and how it progressed, I just knew in my bones we'd lose a major character. I was utterly disappointed when it didn't happen and it was the first time the series has let me down. If GRRM was in charge, they both would have died very, very violently. 

Also, Arya didn't "beat Brienne". All she did was poke a giant woman in her giant armor chest plate. In a real fight she would not have been able to break Bri's armor and would have gotten kabob'd by her giant sword. This isn't Oberyn vs The Mountain, this was a little girl with a short, fencing sword taking on a woman 5x her side in full war garb. 

ggNORE Arya, you suck ass. 

it was rather disappointing. if i want some last second heroic 'the main character got away' crap, i'd watch every movie ever made.

Edited by Flavawhat
6 minutes ago, LiquidFrost said:

Yep, exactly. He couldn't have got a horse and managed to get there so quickly. It has to be one of the Tarly's. 

ehhh, maybe he *could* have but i dont think it's likely. we did see horses running around with no riders and it is plausible he just happened to have one nearby off screen which he immediately jumped on and ran straight to jamie, but it seems to convenient and time wise he would have to really boogie. meanwhile uguuon was last seen alive on a horse.