Game of Thrones Discussion Thread. [SPOILERS]

Game of Thrones Poll 1  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Who do we dislike most?

Looking for ideas on a few questions to help pass the time until tonights episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIOiAfEIk_g

Who is Jamie talking to at 0:23 when he declares his love for Cersei? (RIP Jamienne)

Do you think that is Daenerys that lands on the roof of the great pyramid at 0:28 or do you think the other two dragons have escaped the dungeons looking for their mother?

Any surprise deaths you foresee happening tonight? I think most assume the Waif, Lancel, the Blackfish are all goners.

I personally fear for Rickon this episode as we haven't seen Ramsay since episode 4.. I suppose that wouldn't really be a surprise though

Share your predictions for tonights episode 

Spoiler

Jamie could be talking to Brienne still. Obviously they meet this episode and they've shared some emotion before so Jamie could be opening up to her. Maybe Bronn as well, as we saw his return at the siege of Riverun, although I feel like Bronn wouldn't care about Jamies incest love. 

I'm not really sure, although I'd assume one of the dragons lands on top of the pyramid, don't know what else would shake everything.

I don't think the blackfish will die so soon. I assume the riverrun siege will last through this season at least, and maybe some into the next season. Lancel seems likely to die at the hands of the mountain. I wouldn't be surprised if they just skipped the Arya plotline for this episode to just leave her fate as even more of a cliffhanger. Rickon will probably come into play in next week's episode where Jon and Ramsay actually fight. 

1 hour ago, BurntZebra said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Jamie could be talking to Brienne still. Obviously they meet this episode and they've shared some emotion before so Jamie could be opening up to her. Maybe Bronn as well, as we saw his return at the siege of Riverun, although I feel like Bronn wouldn't care about Jamies incest love. 

I'm not really sure, although I'd assume one of the dragons lands on top of the pyramid, don't know what else would shake everything.

I don't think the blackfish will die so soon. I assume the riverrun siege will last through this season at least, and maybe some into the next season. Lancel seems likely to die at the hands of the mountain. I wouldn't be surprised if they just skipped the Arya plotline for this episode to just leave her fate as even more of a cliffhanger. Rickon will probably come into play in next week's episode where Jon and Ramsay actually fight. 

My first thought was Brienne as well and it very well could be. My only thing is when you see the two of them talk in the trailer he isn't wearing his Lannister armor and then when we see him with the other figure he's talking to later he's wearing it. I'd assume this means she leaves to deal with the BF and Jamie is preparing for the assault, even after their encounter.

I'd be surprised if the siege lasts longer than this season, really even this episode, as we know episode 6x09 will probably take place only in the North like the episode 2x09 only took place in KL and 4x09 only took place at the Wall. And I just feel the show will have too much else to wrap up in the season finale. As well as D&D claiming there will only be 7 more episodes after this season.. 

The siege would seem rushed but we've been going at a breakneck pace this whole season anyways.

I'd also be surprised to see them skip Arya's plotline as the title of the episode is "No One" and I don't believe they show scenes of characters in the previews for episodes just to not have them appear.

But this show never ceases to surprise, so in all honesty I hope I'm wrong about most everything 

Only about 2 more hours!

Thanks for your thoughts btw :)

2 minutes ago, RedHairedShanks said:

Hide contents

My first thought was Brienne as well and it very well could be. My only thing is when you see the two of them talk in the trailer he isn't wearing his Lannister armor and then when we see him with the other figure he's talking to later he's wearing it. I'd assume this means she leaves to deal with the BF and Jamie is preparing for the assault, even after their encounter.

I'd be surprised if the siege lasts longer than this season, really even this episode, as we know episode 6x09 will probably take place only in the North like the episode 2x09 only took place in KL and 4x09 only took place at the Wall. And I just feel the show will have too much else to wrap up in the season finale. As well as D&D claiming there will only be 7 more episodes after this season.. 

The siege would seem rushed but we've been going at a breakneck pace this whole season anyways.

I'd also be surprised to see them skip Arya's plotline as the title of the episode is "No One" and I don't believe they show scenes of characters in the previews for episodes just to not have them appear.

But this show never ceases to surprise, so in all honesty I hope I'm wrong about most everything 

Only about 2 more hours!

Thanks for your thoughts btw :)

Spoiler

Hm after watching it again, maybe Jamie would be talking to Edmure since he requested for him to not be treated like total crap last episode and was talking about killing countless Tully's. The hair also looks kind of long and unkept so maybe it is him. 

Well it probably depends on what the aftermath of the battle is. I'd imagine Jamie wants to get back to King's Landing before the trial by combat. And I think blackfish just wants to stall the army long enough for jon to attack Ramsay at winterfell, so I guess this could be the last episode with riverrun in it, then like episode 10 deals with the aftermath of the two battles and is like yeah after Jon defeated Ramsay, blackfish surrendered at riverrun, although that seems unlikely for the blackfish to surrender.

I didn't even notice Arya's scene in the video the first time through. I assume we'll see some resolution with her, I forgot that the title was no one. I also normally don't watch the previews for episodes since I like to be surprised, but I've been on a lot of game of thrones hype lately. 

7 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

God fucking dammit I hate Arya's storyline. Just get rid of her already please for the love of God. 

Up until this episode I would have had to disagree but this was a huge disappointment for me

After all the hype from this past week it'd have been impossible for this episode to meet my expectations, but I really was let down with this one

Does Arya have Wolverines ability to regenerate? How are we suppose to believe that she was able to parkour all over Braavos and defeat the waif after her wounds that almost assuredly would make a normal person bleed out

Granted this is all fiction where magic and dragons exists but come one, that was a serious let down from my perspective

What a sorry excuse for a siege that was. I'm sure it will be explained later on (or perhaps already has been in the books) but why exactly did Edmure give over his home to the people who locked him in a cell and basically have eradicated his entire family?

Edmure goes on and on about "having to live with yourself" while lecturing Jamie. Then gives up his home and basically sentences his uncle to death? Terrible

Only saving grace for the entire episode was Bronn & Pod's scene "You're the one with the magic uguu"

As well as the scenes with the Hound

Otherwise probably one of my least favorite episodes in a long time

Jaime broke him psychologically, that's all there is to it. Got him to come to terms with the fact that if he did what they needed, he'd be able to see his wife and son again, and that that's all that really matters in all of this shit they've all been wading through.

Arya beating the waif isn't that much of a stretch honestly (other than her stab wounds which clearly aren't nearly as bad as we were initially led to believe), considering all the waif had on her was that shitty little knife and Arya finally had a familiar weapon with her again after all that training she had been through. Unless the waif ended up being some fucking Syrio Forel-tier bullshitter it was just a matter of range.

If I had one complaint about this episode, it would be "what the fuck was up with that Daenarys scene?". Did she just conveniently fly in at the right time? No Dothraki? No dragon burning ships? Just her flying through the window like "oh hey guys been a while"?

Edited by Plague

If you read nothing in this wall of text at least read the last paragraph. I want opinions on my theory.

I cant believe you arya haters still hate her. I love where her story line is going. She clashed against and all but defeated a religion who obviously has some type of magical power backing them.

@RedHairedShanks They show her wounds opening up, but he wounds obviously wasnt as bad as most thought. I mean she was able to both swim and run to safety so they couldnt have been that bad in the first place. As for how did she defeat that other chick, she had the superior weapon and she was the only one who had experience fighting in the dark (she took out the candles before they fought).

I think that the arya stuff is great. Had a slow build up sure but they couldnt take a little girl running from the crown and turn her into a bad ass over night. All of that previous shit, to me, was just showing us how she got the skills she has and now i think that they are going to have ayra do something awesome. My guess is she is going to join jon in the fight for their home back. And remember she can transform herself into other people now (idk how that magic works but it may be something used against which ever enemy she decides to take on). I know the last time she did it she went blind but the man said that she is a nobody now, the waif said that another name was promised to the many face god but didnt say whos, seems to me that ayra delivered on that promise. Even if she chooses to keep her name, does that mean that she still isnt nobody?

As for the rest of the episode, im not disappointed in the way the siege went down. The more starks still alive the better imo. Who needs a castle anyway. The hounds story was awesome and i am looking forward to seeing the rest of that. they had some great lines there "we all die eventually, except for that one" (paraphrasing idr the exact quote). And the scene with Daenrys was okay. It raised some questions. But first, i feel like Tyrion is killable now. I know all character in this series is killable but there has always been an aura of invincibility around tyrion imo. But he made the classic mistake of expressing hopes and aspirations. Thats like putting a target on your back

Walking dead spoiler (at the bottom because spoilers dont work like they use to.)

So yea im wondering if tyrion is going to die soon. It would be completely out of left field which makes me think that i wouldnt put it passed the writer(s) to make it happen. Also we know Daenrys is going to be PISSED at him for what is happening now. If he wants to get in her good graces hes going to have to do something very special. I dont actually think hes going to die, i think hes going to ride a dragon, but i wouldnt be surprised if he died instead.

Idk but shits about to go down, and they got vayrs the fuck out of there before it did for a reason. What if vayrs was playing tyron, used him to get close to Daenrys and those arent the masters attacking the pyramid but some people on the lannister payroll. Remember the scene with cerci, that guy behind her mentioned vayrs birds. What if the message the birds passed on was that the dragon queen was gone so he castle was vulnerable (no dragon queen no dragons to fight for them) so that was the time to attack. What if Vayrs got out of there because he knew there was going to be an attack? That would put the "lets invade the seven kingdoms and take my throne back" story line in overdrive. I could be missing something that shits on this theory, i do miss a lot when i watch these, but it would be a nice twist to what otherwise would be dragons burning everything down and the battle being won.

Edit: Something to add to this theory. Remember the beginning of this episode? They had fake cerci reenact real cercis reaction to jofferys death, she vowed revenge on the imp. That may have been foreshadowing.

Just as noah from the walking dead what looking to the future gets you in a world where anyones head could be on the chopping block next

Edited by codylramey

Its kinda interesting what Arya can do right now, dont really hate her sotryline. 

But yeah, this episode was pretty fucking shitty, nothing really interesting happened. Also, that sandor clegane was fucked up lol 'you're shit at dying' #1 

9 minutes ago, BlackJovi said:

Its kinda interesting what Arya can do right now, dont really hate her sotryline. 

But yeah, this episode was pretty fucking shitty, nothing really interesting happened. Also, that sandor clegane was fucked up lol 'you're shit at dying' #1 

This was a set up episode so its gonna be slow, especially considering the pace this season has taken.

I guess I'll just have to live with the fact Arya being a main character prevents her from having to deal with mortality

If the writers allow her to find her direwolf Nymeria in season 7 all will be forgiven

Also wondering if Varys knew of the oncoming invasion by the Great Masters and that's why he got out at the time that he did

@codylramey  I think the secret the little birds found will be the Wildfire hidden under the city, but I am with you that Varys knew what was going on!

Edited by RedHairedShanks
tag a member

A few episodes ago, the priestess said to Varys that he has nothing to worry about as long as he is on Daenrys' side. Varys was scared shitless during that scene. I think it was actually the first time in the serie that we saw fear in Varys' eyes. I wouldn't be surprised, considering what happened in last episode, if Varys was playing Tyrion.

3 hours ago, lamerb said:

A few episodes ago, the priestess said to Varys that he has nothing to worry about as long as he is on Daenrys' side. Varys was scared shitless during that scene. I think it was actually the first time in the serie that we saw fear in Varys' eyes. I wouldn't be surprised, considering what happened in last episode, if Varys was playing Tyrion.

If he was scared why would he go against the priestess words?

Wow... I sound like a broken record but that episode really was great. I loved it.

Wtf.. The Arya part was so hypeee, although I'd personally like to see the actual fight. That smile on Jaqens face says it all.. I'm pretty sure that's exactly what he wanted her to do and all this time he's just been training her, I was honestly expecting him to take off the mask and show he is Syrio as she was walking off. It might just be because I'm an Arya fan, but I can't wait for her to go back to Jon Snow, if you thought the Jon Snow & Sansa moment was touching, then Arya and Jon will be even more considering those two had a deep bond while Sansa didn't really.

Edited by KaynineXL