Game of Thrones Discussion Thread. [SPOILERS]

Game of Thrones Poll 1  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Who do we dislike most?

Spoiler

My girl Arya is a brute, she got stabbed to fuck but still backed up that lil uguu ass girl and got away. She gonna live and come back for her, and I can't wait.

As for The Hound... You know when you're watching it on your own and you randomly say 'omg' irl... It was one of those moments :)

Where to start with this episode! I know it was kind of a filler episode, but it's easily one of my favorites this season.

Be warned, I wrote a fair amount

Starting the episode off with that anvil.. I can't have been the only one thinking Gendry?!

Ian McShane perfect casting to be Septon Ray. Every scene with him and the Hound was great! Cleganebowl hype!

Margaery up to her usual schemes. Glad that they confirmed she has not become a mindless religious fanatic like her puppet husband.

The QoT sparring with Cersei was hilarious. "You've lost Cersei. It's the only joy I can find in all this misery." Can't wait to see her unleash the zombie mountain on all of KL. "I choose violence."

The Blackfish is such a BA. "Kingslayer. Do you wish to resume your captivity?" 

Jaime finally pimp slapping someone with his golden hand

Riverrun as a whole probably my favorite clips of the episode, should be interesting to see what happens when Brienne and Pod show up

"You promised me a lordship and a castle and a highborn beauty for a wife."
"And you'll get all three. A Lannister always.."
"Don't say it. Don't fucking say it."
Bronn showing again why he's a fan favorite!

Sansa started the season off strong for me, but I am not a fan of her self entitled "Do what I say cuz I'm a Stark" attitude recently. Why does she feel the need to keep Jon in the dark as far as her dealings with Littlefinger? Does she plan to betray him in some way after the Battle of the Bastards? Frustrating

I know the ships Yara and Theon stole were the "fastest in the iron fleet" but finding them already in Volantis seems a bit rushed. Not complaining though, the faster all the characters meet up the more time we'll see everyone in every episode again.

Also funny how all the uguuless individuals run to support Dany. (Unsullied, Varys, Theon) Are they doing this on purpose?

The whole Arya scene didn't stick for me. After all she's been through with the faceless men wouldn't she be on constant guard knowing they'd be coming after her? Seemed strange she'd be walking around nonchalant. Don't think I saw Needle on her person either when the waif attacked, but will have to go back and watch to make sure

Can't believe we're on episode 8 already.. Bittersweet 

The hype for these last 3 episodes couldn't be any higher!

Edited by RedHairedShanks
3 hours ago, RedHairedShanks said:

Hide contents

The whole Arya scene didn't stick for me. After all she's been through with the faceless men wouldn't she be on constant guard knowing they'd be coming after her? Seemed strange she'd be walking around nonchalant. Don't think I saw Needle on her person either when the waif attacked, but will have to go back and watch to make sure

Spoiler

To be honest...

After watching the scene again, I don't even think that was Arya. I think that may have been a faceless man, maybe Syrio Forel or Jaqen. Arya did seem a little strange in the scene, like how she acted, and as you said, no needle with her. 

The comment section makes some good points -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwHvOcdKvJk

20 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:
  Hide contents

To be honest...

After watching the scene again, I don't even think that was Arya. I think that may have been a faceless man, maybe Syrio Forel or Jaqen. Arya did seem a little strange in the scene, like how she acted, and as you said, no needle with her. 

Spoiler

Yeah but don't they take faces from dead people? How can he wear the face of someone who's face they didn't cut off?

1 hour ago, KaynineXL said:
  Hide contents

To be honest...

Whoa but this comment Kay

this image might be huge

idk how to do spoilers on phone so 

JYQD7et.png

Spoiler

Overall good episode. Arya part was rather disappointing, felt like they just crammed her into this episode, although I guess they want to leave it somewhat unknown. The reveal at the beginning of the episode was great, although I wasn't really that shocked by it. I mean Arya did leave him right there.

There is a theory that the waif and Arya are the same person. I find it a bit farfetched but it does make sense to some extent. "Arya" dying would be the final stage of becoming no one, although the previous episode and part of this episode really made it sound like Arya was still Arya and not no one. 

I still wonder where Gendry went. Why exactly was he sailing to King's Landing (at least that's where I thought Davos wanted him to go)? I can't imagine they just ignore him for the rest of the series. Maybe he will become relevant when Dany gets to Westeros finally

Spoiler

@DrCraig I did read that comment and it does sound like it's possible but, I feel like it's just too over the top and too weird of a story. It was quite strange how nobody was helping her while being stabbed, looking at her as if she's acting strange? I don't want her to turn into a faceless man(girl?) though, I like the old Arya. 

@BurntZebraWould probably have been more hyped if I didn't watch these theory videos(I had no clue The Hound would live in the state he was in), although it was still pretty cool. I kinda want to stop watching them, turning into spoilers.

Edited by KaynineXL
31 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:
  Hide contents

@BurntZebraWould probably have been more hyped if I didn't watch these theory videos(I had no clue The Hound would live in the state he was in), although it was still pretty cool. I kinda want to stop watching them, turning into spoilers.

It does seem like the most popular theories are the ones to come true.

9 hours ago, shervinz said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yeah but don't they take faces from dead people? How can he wear the face of someone who's face they didn't cut off?

Only thing I can come up with to try and explain your rationale 

Well if you recall in the season 5 finale, when Arya returns from killing Meryn Trant, she is confronted by Jaqen and the waif. Only to watch Jaqen drink a vile of poison to "pay for the debt that is owed"

Arya then cries claiming "he was my friend." Only to hear Jaqen say "he was no one," now in the waif's body. She then strips multiple faces off "deceased" Jaqen finally revealing her own face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljFljgf2USk

That whole scene is kind of a mind fuck. And I still don't really understand if Jaqen is even a real person

Since that scene I have been under the impression that the waif and Jaqen (perhaps all the FM?) are really just one singular entity with very strong magical powers. And that they are just there to train Arya for some reason unbeknownst to us at this time.

10 hours ago, KaynineXL said:
  Reveal hidden contents

To be honest...

After watching your video, the theory that makes the most sense imo is that the "Arya" we saw the waif stab and make suffer was really Jaqen testing the waif. She failed and will be punished accordingly in the next few episodes.

Hopefully the punishment comes from Arya herself. I'd love to see Needle's first kill (since season 4?) be that self righteous uguu the waif!

Although I'm glad Arya's story has finally progressed to the point she will be heading back to Westeros. I am sad to think Jaqen will no longer be a mainstay on the show when she leaves Braavos. Perhaps he will show up again in Westeros in the final battle for humanity?

A man can only hope

19 minutes ago, RedHairedShanks said:

Only thing I can come up with to try and explain your rationale 

Hide contents

Well if you recall in the season 5 finale, when Arya returns from killing Meryn Trant, she is confronted by Jaqen and the waif. Only to watch Jaqen drink a vile of poison to "pay for the debt that is owed"

Arya then cries claiming "he was my friend." Only to hear Jaqen say "he was no one," now in the waif's body. She then strips multiple faces off "deceased" Jaqen finally revealing her own face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljFljgf2USk

That whole scene is kind of a mind fuck. And I still don't really understand if Jaqen is even a real person

Since that scene I have been under the impression that the waif and Jaqen (perhaps all the FM?) are really just one singular entity with very strong magical powers. And that they are just there to train Arya for some reason unbeknownst to us at this time.

Hide contents

After watching your video, the theory that makes the most sense imo is that the "Arya" we saw the waif stab and make suffer was really Jaqen testing the waif. She failed and will be punished accordingly in the next few episodes.

Hopefully the punishment comes from Arya herself. I'd love to see Needle's first kill (since season 4?) be that self righteous uguu the waif!

Hide contents

Although I'm glad Arya's story has finally progressed to the point she will be heading back to Westeros. I am sad to think Jaqen will no longer be a mainstay on the show when she leaves Braavos. Perhaps he will show up again in Westeros in the final battle for humanity?

A man can only hope

Ohh right.. So Arya doesn't need to die for them to use her face..

So that really could have been Jaqen. I reaaally hope we get to see Syrio though, he was such a cool character and technically not killed off.

Edit:

I can't see Syrio being alive though..

If you watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88uqVNpmGrI

You hear Syrio say "The first sword of braavos does not run" and we saw Meryn Trant was not dead. Only way he could be alive is if Meryn went running because Syrio seems like an honourable person who would rather die than to run.

Edited by KaynineXL

I mean I think it'd be cool to see him come back after like 5 seasons but I don't really see a point in that. Unless Arya runs into him in the streets and then he takes off his face and hes Jaqen but it seems kind of pointless still. People are speculating that the guy behind the waif right before she stabs Arya is Syrio, but imo its just some random guy in the background. 

33 minutes ago, BurntZebra said:

I mean I think it'd be cool to see him come back after like 5 seasons but I don't really see a point in that. Unless Arya runs into him in the streets and then he takes off his face and hes Jaqen but it seems kind of pointless still. People are speculating that the guy behind the waif right before she stabs Arya is Syrio, but imo its just some random guy in the background. 

Tbh, it looks like the guy behind the waif is walking away rather than towards her. Which would just further support that it's a random.