Forum Pokedex?

PaulB88

Hi,

I've decided to come back to the game after a long hiatus, and am planning to start a new character in Hoenn.

When starting a new character on Pokemon games I like to look through which Pokemon are available in the early-mid game and their available moves etc. I noticed, however, that the level up moves/levels on PokeMMO don't coincide with any generation (at least for Torchic, so I assume the rest too), meaning I am unable to use Serebii as effectively to figure out a team.

I've had a look through the forums and have found which Pokemon are available on which route, but nothing about level up moves. Is there a Pokedex here on the forums somewhere and I've just missed it? Or if not, would any kind player perhaps be willing to create one on the Guide Tavern?

Thank you for your time.

Paul

PokeMMO's level up moves are a little different to the handhelds and were adapted for balancing reasons. You should use our in game Pokedex as every Pokemon has a full list of what moves they learn at which level as well as what egg/tutor/special moves they can learn. The Pokedex can be accessed by pressing the little icon on the bottom right of your game client. 

3 hours ago, Noad said:

PokeMMO's level up moves are a little different to the handhelds and were adapted for balancing reasons. You should use our in game Pokedex as every Pokemon has a full list of what moves they learn at which level as well as what egg/tutor/special moves they can learn. The Pokedex can be accessed by pressing the little icon on the bottom right of your game client. 

I know of the in-game Pokedex, however you can't view a Pokemon's attacks until you've owned it, which makes that useless for pre-planning a team unfortunately.

I understand that this won't be something that bothers or affects most people, so of course it isn't a priority or anything, but I feel it would be useful for a lot of new players to have information like this readily available in the forums.

If any players would be willing to work on something like this, I would be happy to provide what information I can from the semi-filled Pokedex of my previous character (151 owned).

2 hours ago, PaulB88 said:

I know of the in-game Pokedex, however you can't view a Pokemon's attacks until you've owned it, which makes that useless for pre-planning a team unfortunately.

I understand that this won't be something that bothers or affects most people, so of course it isn't a priority or anything, but I feel it would be useful for a lot of new players to have information like this readily available in the forums.

If any players would be willing to work on something like this, I would be happy to provide what information I can from the semi-filled Pokedex of my previous character (151 owned).

So just go catch or trade for what you want, then plan accordingly. 

46 minutes ago, Kite said:

So just go catch or trade for what you want, then plan accordingly. 

I appreciate that you're trying to help, but I feel like you either didn't read or didn't understand what I've wrote. What you just said completely goes against the concept of "pre-planning". I can't possibly know which Pokemon I want unless I know exactly what they can learn and when, otherwise I could get screwed over from just 1 change in the level up or TM attacks available to them. Unless you're suggesting I use my other character to catch or trade for literally every Pokemon available within the first 4-5 badges of Hoenn, which would of course be absurd.

35 minutes ago, Tritios said:

just use bulbapedia or some other wiki

As already stated, that doesn't help me because PokeMMO has its own modified movesets.

16 minutes ago, PaulB88 said:

I appreciate that you're trying to help, but I feel like you either didn't read or didn't understand what I've wrote. What you just said completely goes against the concept of "pre-planning". I can't possibly know which Pokemon I want unless I know exactly what they can learn and when, otherwise I could get screwed over from just 1 change in the level up or TM attacks available to them. Unless you're suggesting I use my other character to catch or trade for literally every Pokemon available within the first 4-5 badges of Hoenn, which would of course be absurd.

As already stated, that doesn't help me because PokeMMO has its own modified movesets.

ops, didnt see you wrote that.

But the wiki isn't that diffrent, the lvl they learn the moves is usually the only diffrence. I use wiki alot and just ignore all the gen4 moves and upwards, and i havent made any mistakes becasuse of that yet. if you want the base-stats, wikis work fine as you probably know. 

and as for "pre-planning" buying pokemons first are a very viable solution, im pretty sure every species is in the GTL for less than 15k, most are under 5k. with the exception of porygon, which is more expensive. and you cant really expect to have all the pokemons you want before you're finished with all the gyms if you're stingy like me and dont want to buy them. 

13 hours ago, Tritios said:

ops, didnt see you wrote that.

But the wiki isn't that diffrent, the lvl they learn the moves is usually the only diffrence. I use wiki alot and just ignore all the gen4 moves and upwards, and i havent made any mistakes becasuse of that yet. if you want the base-stats, wikis work fine as you probably know. 

and as for "pre-planning" buying pokemons first are a very viable solution, im pretty sure every species is in the GTL for less than 15k, most are under 5k. with the exception of porygon, which is more expensive. and you cant really expect to have all the pokemons you want before you're finished with all the gyms if you're stingy like me and dont want to buy them. 

Hmm, alright. I'll take that in to account and try to figure something out.

Thanks for the help.

PS: Just in case anybody reads this and agrees that a Pokedex on the Guide Tavern would be useful, I would still be willing to provide any information I can to help create one. Feel free to contact me.

On 5/2/2016 at 2:48 PM, PaulB88 said:

No I understood completely, my point was you can still catch the pokemon unlock the data in the pokedex, then plan before going to far into the "breeding" process. Or whatever you're planning.

5 hours ago, Kite said:

No I understood completely, my point was you can still catch the pokemon unlock the data in the pokedex, then plan before going to far into the "breeding" process. Or whatever you're planning.

Right, so, "Unless you're suggesting I use my other character to catch or trade for literally every Pokemon available within the first 4-5 badges of Hoenn, which would of course be absurd."

The only way you understood what I want to do is if you're suggesting that, which is a pretty stupid suggestion.

12 hours ago, PaulB88 said:

Right, so, "Unless you're suggesting I use my other character to catch or trade for literally every Pokemon available within the first 4-5 badges of Hoenn, which would of course be absurd."

The only way you understood what I want to do is if you're suggesting that, which is a pretty stupid suggestion.

If you don't want to use the tools given to you, that is your own problem.

11 minutes ago, Kite said:

If you don't want to use the tools given to you, that is your own problem.

But that's the thing, it's more of a problem for completely new players than it is to me, because they don't have the ability to do that, which is the main reason I've suggested a Pokedex is added to the forums. I would think (hope?) that the community would want to make the game as welcoming and easily accessible for new players as possible.

This is such an easy thing to add, too. All it requires is one person willing to create it and a handful of players willing to send them a file with the information for x number of Pokemon. They compile it, and add it to the forums.

But I digress, this topic ended a while ago, just let it die.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.