Breeding "Cheaper" Hidden Power Pokes

GBush

Bushs Cheap Breeding Banner

Hello, after a hundred or so pokemon I have decided to share this information with a fun simple guide. Assuming you know the basics of breeding we can start on this. I will section off each hidden power type and add personal notes for some examples. I will skip the breeding of the nature on because everstones are easy. We are here for the hidden power.

This is just my own approach to it, if you have any comments or suggestions to do it another way let us know. I am going to only post relevant Hidden Powers that are useable. HP Flying or Poison or Dragon aren't very useful in general.

The common last 3x30-31 ivs method. Also I would like to mention that the last three digits of ivs, special attack, special defence, and speed should be your main focus. That's how you can start to determine what kinda breeding you should do and the odds of getting what you want.

Hidden Power Fighting:

EVEN/EVEN/EVEN/EVEN/EVEN/EVEN

ODD/EVEN/EVEN/EVEN/EVEN/EVEN
EVEN/ODD/EVEN/EVEN/EVEN/EVEN
ODD/ODD/EVEN/EVEN/EVEN/EVEN
EVEN/EVEN/ODD/EVEN/EVEN/EVEN

If you are trying to make a hidden power haunter or misdreavus. I think the best way to start is to start with a high average in the HP and DEF iv. I prefer over 25 but others think over 20 is fine as well. X can be any number.

Example: For this breed you will need some pokes that look like this:

25/X/24/30/X/X + 25/X/24/X/30/X  = 25/X/24/30/30/X Get Male

25/X/24/X/30/X +  25/X/24/X/X/30=  25/X/24/30/X/30 Get Female

So with the offspring you would breed them together.

25/X/24/30/30/X  Male + 25/X/24/30/X/30 Female.

=25/x/24/30/30/30 HP Fighting Pokemon

This is where you cross your fingers and hope that your defence stat rolled even.

If you didnt get that you can proceed to having three options.

Make another pokemon with high HitPoints + Defence and 30s in Special Attack, Special Defence, and Speed. And make it male and hope that its defence rolls even. if this is not the case you can repeat this step to get another male. Or you can go for making a 4x30.

This is going to get too long if I repeat all the steps above so lets just go from having two 3x30s.

25/X/X/30/30/30  + 25/X/30/30/30/X. You can go for the a 4x30 from the start if you prefer. But I like having the odds of getting a cheaper hidden power pokemon. HP Fighting is cheap since you don't need to make it a 5x30-31.

Hidden Power Ice:

ODD/ODD/ODD/ODD/ODD/EVEN
EVEN/EVEN/EVEN/ODD/ODD/ODD
ODD/EVEN/EVEN/ODD/ODD/ODD
EVEN/ODD/EVEN/ODD/ODD/ODD

Handy for electric types such as Jolteon, Magneton, Electabuzz, Raichu, Pikachu.

Alright, so this one can be a bit tricky because even at the 4 out of 5 ivs if you are just making a 4x30-31. I would recommend just trying to go for the last 3 ivs, then work from there. So you would want something like 25+/x/24+/31/31/31. So get a decent base from GTL or farming breeders.

If you can when you are breeding for example lets say a timid breeder with 25+/x/26/31/31/X and the other poke with 25+/x/22/31/31/31. This would be ideal because you would have a 75% chance to have it become hidden power ice. If you are going for a "guaranteed" HP Ice you would want to end up with a 30/odd or even/30/31/31/31

Hidden Power Electric:

Hidden Power Rock:

Kaynine Section:

When I breed for HP comps, I generally follow one rule which I'l explain below.

Breeding HP comps can be expensive and confusing, but to make it simpler(and cheaper if you get lucky) I like to make sure my Pokemon take ODD or EVEN in the spots which all or most combinations use. I'l give some examples below because it might be hard to understand.

HP Fire -

EVEN/ODD/EVEN/EVEN/ODD/EVEN
ODD/ODD/EVEN/EVEN/ODD/EVEN
EVEN/EVEN/ODD/EVEN/ODD/EVEN
ODD/EVEN/ODD/EVEN/ODD/EVEN

As you can see in the spoiler above they ALL useXXXX/XXXX/XXXX/EVEN/ODD/EVEN

So I'd make sure the Pokemon I'm breeding that needs HP Fire has XXXX/XXXX/XXXX/EVEN/ODD/EVEN. It doesn't confirm you'll get the desired HP but it heavily increases your chances while making it less confusing and can make it much more affordable.

HP Grass -

Hide contents

EVEN/ODD/EVEN/EVEN/ODD/ODD

ODD/ODD/EVEN/EVEN/ODD/ODD
EVEN/EVEN/ODD/EVEN/ODD/ODD
ODD/EVEN/ODD/EVEN/ODD/ODD
EVEN/ODD/ODD/EVEN/ODD/ODD

For HP grass, just calculate and try make sure your egg will haveXXXX/XXXX/XXXX/EVEN/ODD/ODD.

So yeh, if you're on a budget or just don't enjoy making 'perfect' hp pokes, I'd recommend this method. I made x1 HP grass+ice+water electrodes, x2 HP fire metagross's, x2 HP porys, x1 HP fire mag using this method without touching that old guy who wrecks your IVs :)

Some call me lucky, nah.. It's all calculated (well it's not... but a good % of it is calculated :>)

dit: Those were just examples above, there are many other HPs that can use this such as Ice, grass, fire, rock, ground, fighting and others which aren't too desired so I won't name.

A special note for Volpi and Controller as well. For the contribution of iv sets.

Relevant Link here.

Edited by GBush

When I breed for HP comps, I generally follow one rule which I'l explain below.

Breeding HP comps can be expensive and confusing, but to make it simpler(and cheaper if you get lucky) I like to make sure my Pokemon take ODD or EVEN in the spots which all or most combinations use. I'l give some examples below because it might be hard to understand.

HP Fire -

Spoiler

EVEN/ODD/EVEN/EVEN/ODD/EVEN
ODD/ODD/EVEN/EVEN/ODD/EVEN
EVEN/EVEN/ODD/EVEN/ODD/EVEN
ODD/EVEN/ODD/EVEN/ODD/EVEN

As you can see in the spoiler above they ALL use XXXX/XXXX/XXXX/EVEN/ODD/EVEN

So I'd make sure the Pokemon I'm breeding that needs HP Fire has XXXX/XXXX/XXXX/EVEN/ODD/EVEN. It doesn't confirm you'll get the desired HP but it heavily increases your chances while making it less confusing and can make it much more affordable.

HP Grass -

Spoiler

EVEN/ODD/EVEN/EVEN/ODD/ODD

ODD/ODD/EVEN/EVEN/ODD/ODD
EVEN/EVEN/ODD/EVEN/ODD/ODD
ODD/EVEN/ODD/EVEN/ODD/ODD
EVEN/ODD/ODD/EVEN/ODD/ODD

For HP grass, just calculate and try make sure your egg will have XXXX/XXXX/XXXX/EVEN/ODD/ODD.

So yeh, if you're on a budget or just don't enjoy making 'perfect' hp pokes, I'd recommend this method. I made x1 HP grass+ice+water electrodes, x2 HP fire metagross's, x2 HP porys, x1 HP fire mag using this method without touching that old guy who wrecks your IVs :)

Some call me lucky, nah.. It's all calculated (well it's not... but a good % of it is calculated :>)

Edit: Those were just examples above, there are many other HPs that can use this such as Ice, grass, fire, rock, ground, fighting and others which aren't too desired so I won't name.

Edited by KaynineXL
  • 1 month later...