Shiny Rate of PokeMMO

On 6/27/2016 at 4:18 PM, Articein said:

Obviously, some players have figured out (somewhat) how to manipulate the dynamic shiny rate.  Chesar just posted another shiny in the other thread.  When people are getting 5, 6, or 7 shinies in a one month period, there is definitely something going on.

It proves that everyone has a set rate for them as an individual. Which is something they admitted on page 5 in this topic below. We just have to hope we aren't one of the few who unfortunately plays similar as "cheaters" do.

Edited by frogbussoms
3 hours ago, Pythonhier said:

Too bad there is no difinitive thread on how shiny's work in Pokemmo

This thread has the most info given on shiny encounter, with links to other threads. You could give the linked threads a good read itself.

To make a guide, it would need definitive info, while all we can get is speculations. While some people go for over 40K encounters without a shiny, others get it within 100. This huge difference is ridiculous but then this is Pokemmo after all. How would it be fun if a random nobody doesn't get richer than the 90% player base just by pure luck in his first few hours of gameplay?

A guide to catching shiny currently would be -"Be lucky" 

Their only reason for ruining shiny hunting is because they didn't want the value/economy to suck... I would rather them have a high standard rate for all players equally rather than have each player having different rates because of each individuals play style.

Rip to any legit players who plays similar to how "cheaters" do.

Edited by frogbussoms
4 hours ago, Raederz said:

No encounter counters -> Useless topic.

Until we get an ingame counter, feel free to count them by other means you seem fit.

I would be glad to add your next shiny alongide the number of encounters to the list :)

21 minutes ago, Anthrazit said:

Until we get an ingame counter, feel free to count them by other means you seem fit.

I would be glad to add your next shiny alongide the number of encounters to the list :)

It's not about me, just, this topic looks like a "shiny rate survey", and I really like this kind of post, but my problem is :

Hours useless

Encounter counter usefull

And u show ingame hours but no counter.

Btw, counter is not that easy to show, because all the "not farming encounters" and the "when did i really started this".

But, you will never get a conclusion if you just list the shinies like that :/

some stats of my last 4 shinys found:

golbat - around 23k encounters, in a horde, with donator, 1723 hours

heracross - 200-300 encounters(lol) in a horde, with donator, 1724 hours

misdreavus - around 34k encounters, in a horde, with donator, 1841 hours

heracross - around 60-65k encounters, in a horde, no donator(i did like 60k encounters with donator, i stopped counting after that) 2036 hours

Spoiler

hordes are good

7 hours ago, chesars said:

heracross - around 60-65k encounters, in a horde, no donator(i did like 60k encounters with donator, i stopped counting after that) 2036 hours

Hide contents

hordes are good

I question whether or not you actually counted or just gave us estimates.

3 minutes ago, frogbussoms said:

That's a lot of counting. Tell the dev's to give us an encounter tracker.

it is, counting helps me to stay focused and do something else while i hunt. i preffer to count myself rather than having the game doing it for me to be honest

Added flavawhat with three shinies and data, thanks for that

On 7.8.2016 at 10:40 PM, chesars said:

Reveal hidden contents

hordes are good

Thanks to you as well, added the data (and several shinies I missed before, though I still lack some pictures links - there are simply too many of them XD )

On 7.8.2016 at 5:31 PM, Raederz said:

It's not about me, just, this topic looks like a "shiny rate survey", and I really like this kind of post, but my problem is :

Hours useless

Encounter counter usefull

And u show ingame hours but no counter.

Btw, counter is not that easy to show, because all the "not farming encounters" and the "when did i really started this".

But, you will never get a conclusion if you just list the shinies like that :/

More data would of course be favourable, but not everybody keeps counting
The ingame hours are mentioned, as the original thought was, that older players are no longer discriminated against with the dynamic shiny rate - what has been confirmed by now. If available, I also/still add the hours, because again, there does not seem to be a downside in adding more data

Edited by Anthrazit
2 hours ago, Anthrazit said:

Added flavawhat with three shinies and data, thanks for that

Thanks to you as well, added the data (and several shinies I missed before, though I still lack some pictures links - there are simply too many of them XD )

More data would of course be favourable, but not everybody keeps counting
The ingame hours are mentioned, as the original thought was, that older players are no longer discriminated against with the dynamic shiny rate - what has been confirmed by now. If available, I also/still add the hours, because again, there does not seem to be a downside in adding more data

Well, I totally agree with you, finally x)

I prob react a bit fast on shiny topics lel.

I got 5 shinies between 650-1050hours, I started shiny hunting around 500 hours, and I feel it really strange how people who know your goal, I mean, people who have the same goal than you, just blame you for everything they find to use as a blame.

Do they want to be blamed when they'll finally find their shiny, or do they want to be congratulated ? even a little "wp".

Thats why I prefer encounters counter. My hour counter is probably little regarding my OT number, but I really farm so hard, when people with 5k hours just pvp, afk, and breed.

Still a good data to show that ancient players are not discriminated.

First Shiny Rhyhorn 252h, wasnt counting at that moment.

Shiny Golduck 500h later, started the count too late, so only 46.083 encounters recorded.

Shiny Slowpoke with exactly 23.726 encounters (Didnt move from Cape Brink since the Golduck)

For now, 13.500 encounters trying to get the Psyduck, I'll update this when I get it

1 hour ago, Zigh said:

First Shiny Rhyhorn 252h, wasnt counting at that moment.

Shiny Golduck 500h later, started the count too late, so only 46.083 encounters recorded.

Shiny Slowpoke with exactly 23.726 encounters (Didnt move from Cape Brink since the Golduck)

For now, 13.500 encounters trying to get the Psyduck, I'll update this when I get it

Thanks a lot for the data

Could you provide screens (preferably 1st and 6th page/catching time of the Pokémon summary)?