Shiny Rate of PokeMMO

On 4/27/2016 at 9:39 PM, Anthrazit said:

PokeMMO's shiny rate & impacts over time

On January 6th 2018, Kyu (see the original post) confirmed that the shiny rate is 1/30000 with modifiers that would apply under certain conditions (active donator status or botting)

Just now, Desu said:

Per horde, assuming 5 encounter hordes.

Just now, Quakkz said:

dunno if you trolling or not, but that doesnt make 1/30000 as shinyrate a wrong statement. its actually more accurate than what you are saying

No, he's saying its 1/30.000 in all circumstances, while kyu said its 1/6000 on single and 5/30.000 on hordes specifically  (counting each pokemon in horde as a single encounter)

1 minute ago, Malorne said:

No, he's saying its 1/30.000 in all circumstances, while kyu said its 1/6000 on single and 5/30.000 on hordes specifically  (counting each pokemon in horde as a single encounter)

its still 1/30000 for each pokemon in a horde and 1/30000 in singles, kyu just clearified that 5/30000 is the same as 1/6000 which is the chance for 1 pokemon in a horde of 5 to be shiny.

Edited by Quakkz
1 minute ago, Malorne said:

Roughly 1/6000 because there's 5 encounters in a horde. Single encounters are approx 1/30000.

7 minutes ago, Malorne said:

This is why i dont like math, ignore.

Still thanks for pointing out that is was puzzling
Will edit it and add "base" to shiny rate to put it hopefully more precisely

Haven't looked in the thread I used as a scource since earlier, so I'll catch up and see if I can put something simple for the 'mutiple' chances when encountering hordes

• 5 months later...