Shiny Rate of PokeMMO

33 minutes ago, Faiyad said:

You can always hunt and never give up 

Can only do it in small bursts, think I have spent atleast 15-20hours total hunting Shiny Swalot though, which in itself isn't that much but when taking into account I have 1000+ hours never encountering any shiny at all is kind of unlucky.

4 hours ago, CCMayhem said:

Reg date: 2012 - 10 - 17 Logged hours 1124.

Never encountered a Wild Shiny, which RNG gods do i have to pray too?

2 hours ago, CCMayhem said:

Can only do it in small bursts, think I have spent atleast 15-20hours total hunting Shiny Swalot though, which in itself isn't that much but when taking into account I have 1000+ hours never encountering any shiny at all is kind of unlucky.

Took me 1510 and 3+ years (not consecutive) 

• 2 months later...

Can anyone explain me why a friend of mine found 2 shinies in 2 consecutive days? (december 31, 2016 and january 1, 2017) and have 5 shinies ot in 3500hs of gameplay, and another friend of mine have 8 ot shinies without buying donator status ever with 4300hs of gameplay...

and I only got 2 in 3800 hs, playing since december 3, 2013?

Friend 1: 1 shiny every 700hs

Friend 2: 1 shiny every 542hs

Me: 1 shiny every 1900hs (february 1, 2014 and november 19, 2015).

I do shiny hunt, did a lot of payday, but refuse to buy donator status because rating isn't clear (although I am thinking about buying). I mean... my "friend 1" found the same amount of shinies in 2 days than me in 3 years and 1 month. I believe this is so unfair and I can't explain why since the rating is better than before right now.

Edited by Gauneta
Just now, MirandaKun said:

- unfair

- luck based

ok

For example, FallenGrey caught a Glalie and 5 days later caught a Golbat in north pole. What's the point of that? 2 shinies with 5 days between each other. RNG? Encounters number? Doing "specific" things? Come on.

He has more chances than one who has been shiny hunting for the last 2 weeks, several hours a day, and playing for 1 year and 1 and 1/2 half month since the last shiny and found nothing like me? My friend was looking for breeders on december 31 and was just walking on january 1 and found 2 shinies.

What would be the explanation???

14 hours ago, yuno4490 said:

What about othe things? Always last hit being citical. Only catching an eecuto in safai. Seeing only 4 pokemons in alteing cave and 1 is zubat. Being paalysed 4 tuns in a ow. Ignoing paalyse fo 14 tuns in a ow.

Is thee secet codes in game? O ae computes alive?

Yeah there's a secret code.

It's called 

Number of hours is irrelevant. I have some 3K hours staked without any. Doesn't mean that I spent 3K of them hunting shinies or even watched the screen for 3K hours. Let's be honest, this game is boring and people tend to afk a lot, some more than the others.

Then there is RNG factor.

It's a similar feel to see a nub getting a skilling pet drop, while you have 200 mil experience in firemaking without any. That's just how RNG is. it's brutal, unforgiving and piece of complete crap.

On 24/10/2016 at 11:29 PM, CCMayhem said:

Means you did 0 hour of PvP/Island run/Gyms ? :o

1 hour ago, Eggplant said:

shiny rate 2017 topic when

I couldn't even keep up with the encounters at the end of 2016 because some hunters just went crazy ... XD

Grats to all of those lucky guys blessed by RNG lately

This "2016" thread is still lacking some closure - possibly just as we are lacking transparency on the topic but dunno if this will change much in 2017

• 1 month later...
On Sunday, January 15, 2017 at 6:55 AM, Kanakops said:

how i can know if my account are crused? 

One of my character are permanently ban for automation game play

Well u're probably just unlucky. Also i belive that banned character don't affect your shiny rate...

Edited by WestTurtle