Shiny Rate of PokeMMO

3 hours ago, sephiroth1977 said:

I did. And that thread is nearly a year old and i dont think things has changed since then. If you would at least Read the post you are quoting... 

try reading again~

8 hours ago, sephiroth1977 said:

I did. And that thread is nearly a year old and i dont think things has changed since then. If you would at least Read the post you are quoting... 

This very thread is based on the assumption that the rate was in fact changed and we are still waiting for confirmation that it was or was not.
Until then, we gather observations/data that help us form an opinion on our own.

The information you seem to haven't noticed yet might have been a bit hidden, but was in the very first link in the first post of this thread, connected to "How ney you are"
It is a vague information/the reveal of last year about the changed rate for encountering shinies
Here is the direct link leading you to the post:

Edited by Anthrazit
spelling error
15 hours ago, Anthrazit said:

This very thread is based on the assumption that the rate was in fact changed and we are still waiting for confirmation that it was or was not.
Until then, we gather observations/data that help us form an opinion on our own.

The information you seem to haven't noticed yet might have been a bit hidden, but was in the very first link in the first post of this thread, connected to "How ney you are"
It is a vague information/the reveal of last year about the changed rate for encountering shinies
Here is the direct link leading you to the post:

Yay a guy whos not a troll.  Thank you very much for explaining ^^

So basically if your account is "cursed" your shiny encounter rate is decreased dramatically. Soo it begs the question..  How do you know if your account is cursed? Can we ask someone? Does it apply to every one of the characters on your email address "i have 3 for example"?

Edited by sephiroth1977
50 minutes ago, sephiroth1977 said:

Yay a guy whos not a troll.  Thank you very much for explaining ^^

So basically if your account is "cursed" your shiny encounter rate is decreased dramatically. Soo it begs the question..  How do you know if your account is cursed? Can we ask someone? Does it apply to every one of the characters on your email address "i have 3 for example"?

As far as I understand it, it does not work in a way where you at one moment in time pass a point where the system believes you are botting (since we all are often mindlessly grinding we would be doomed) and "curse" your shiny rate from that point on.

The rate is rather dynamically influenced (probably) at every moment, by what you do. 

In a way we are sort of "cursed" from the beginning/all the time if you want to see it that way.

Edited by Anthrazit
14 minutes ago, Anthrazit said:

As far as I understand it, it does not work in a way where you at one moment in time pass a point where the system believes you are botting (since we all are often mindlessly grinding we would be doomed) and "curse" your shiny rate from that point on.

The rate is rather dynamically influenced (probably) at every moment, by what you do. 

In a way we are sort of "cursed" from the beginning/all the time if you want to see it that way.

So if you act like a bot you will never find a shiny. 

So shiny hunting isn't worth doing as that can seem very robotic and repetitive. So in thoery the best way to shiny hunt would be to change location very very often.  Like 2 encounters and move onto the next place? 

Thats if the *curse* isn't permanent after the system thinks you are cheating. 

Edited by sephiroth1977
5 minutes ago, sephiroth1977 said:

So if you act like a bot you will never find a shiny. 

So shiny hunting isn't worth doing as that can seem very robotic and repetitive. So in thoery the best way to shiny hunt would be to change location very very often.  Like 2 encounters and move onto the next place? 

Thats if the *curse* isn't permanent after the system thinks you are cheating. 

Shiny hunting could still be worthwhile - ask chesar :D

Or the team [Mr] in general

On this note:

- added 4 shinies and the data of chesar (thanks again for that)

- added KST with his 4 shinies

- added Bears Skaraborn

- ordered it for better overview

Added Riizla Ponyta - grats and thanks for the data :)

Also added some "Background" information for a brief overview and easier access to older threads/posts relevant to the shiny rate
I also added the information given by Kyu before he closed LifeStyles thread

There, it was stated that seeing more shinies on newer players than on older ones (due to their higher number) would be the normal case,

which confirms that the many OT shinies found by "older players" (the observations this thread is about) is probably as exceptional as assumed.

13 hours ago, MadameFoster said:

I found two shinis in this month, i don't know what are you talking about guys lol

You'll find information what this thread is about condensed in the first post.
Slightly simplifid: We observe a risen number of cases of players (often some that haven't found any shinies for a long time or ever) finding OT shinies - and also a risen number of them finding several during a relativly short amount of time (such as one month).
I would be happy to add your case to the list if you want to provide the data and screenshots.

I added the data of Crimar - thanks again for that
and added a 4th shiny of ExplayOne

2 hours ago, Anthrazit said:

You'll find information what this thread is about condensed in the first post.
Slightly simplifid: We observe a risen number of cases of players (often some that haven't found any shinies for a long time or ever) finding OT shinies - and also a risen number of them finding several during a relativly short amount of time (such as one month).
I would be happy to add your case to the list if you want to provide the data and screenshots.

I added the data of Crimar - thanks again for that
and added a 4th shiny of ExplayOne

First one 3/5/16

Spoiler

9ca6ab62c813912fcda7eb6ca9f6b0ea.gif

Second one 23/5/16

Spoiler

0790e4a56985c67daba7407b9429340c.gif

1 hour ago, MadameFoster said:

First one 3/5/16

Reveal hidden contents

9ca6ab62c813912fcda7eb6ca9f6b0ea.gif

Second one 23/5/16

Reveal hidden contents

0790e4a56985c67daba7407b9429340c.gif

Added, thanks
did you use donator status, encounter and of the two in a horde and do you by any chance now your ingame hours when you encountered them?

• 2 weeks later...