Shiny Rate of PokeMMO

On 28.4.2016 at 2:47 PM, Darkshade said:

Regarding this, wouldn't this outflux justify a higher shiny rate?

Unlikely, considering the primary reason we implemented it was due to market oversaturation.

May I get either
- a confirmation that the shiny rate stayed the same / has not been changed lately
or
- an announcement that it has been changed with (very vague) detail how so
please? Thanks in advance

Nice thread. I just want to point out that Flare, Chesar, Ruak and myself are all on the same team. In my opinion, it was kind of like a chain reaction starting with Ruak. That started a bunch of people (myself, chesar, and flareblitzz included) on a shiny hunt. The following week we were all hunting every day.

A little info for your thread: I was right around 400 hours. Personally, I don't think that matters since only about 20 of them were spent looking specifically for shinies. I did have donator, so did Chesar. Flareblitzz and ladylm did not have donator. Obviously, flare was in a horde, I was in a horde, and so was Chesar. Ladylm was not in a horde. Chesar was at about 3k encounters, and I had just decided to start counting, I was at 277. All 4 of us were specifically hunting for shinies.

Anyway, I don't know if they changed it or if people were suddenly more interested in hunting, since it seemed as they were being found all over. But my guess is the ladder.

Even if they did increase the shiny rate at the time (doubtful), with the update it probably would have been corrected. Personally, I have been hunting every day since then at about 4-5k encounters a day and haven't found anything else.

Sry boi, but the information you've gathered is useless, it wont tell you anything at all.

saying that Hassan found a pidgeotto without any further details isnt saying anything at all...

also its not the hours that decide how many shinies you'll get, its just a factor. what matters is the numbers of encounters with wild pokemons. Which is a pain in the bong hole.

if you wanna know the shiny ratio. you gotta count the encounters you get until you find a shiny multiple times, and im not talking about like 3 times here. to find a reliable ratio i'd say 50+ times. its probably easier to bribe/threaten desu into telling you..

6 hours ago, Tritios said:

Sry boi, but the information you've gathered is useless, it wont tell you anything at all.

saying that Hassan found a pidgeotto without any further details isnt saying anything at all...

also its not the hours that decide how many shinies you'll get, its just a factor. what matters is the numbers of encounters with wild pokemons. Which is a pain in the bong hole.

if you wanna know the shiny ratio. you gotta count the encounters you get until you find a shiny multiple times, and im not talking about like 3 times here. to find a reliable ratio i'd say 50+ times. its probably easier to bribe/threaten desu into telling you..

Deviating the shiny rate in a way you suggested is not what I am aiming for.
Apart from the number of encounters mentioned by you, too many variables would need to be considered to approximate the possible dynamic rate.

The ingame hours that I listed are rather there to verify the assumption that odds for players that are less "new" have risen. Since last years reveal about the shiny rate we were to assume that chances for players with more ingame hours to encounter a shiny are lower compared to the chances for newer players due to one of the modifiers.

What I still would like to know is not any (specific) rate, but "just" if any of the modifiers (like the one mentioned above) has been (temporarily/permanently) changed.
I fail to see why threats or bribes should be needed for this kind of information, as clarity/transparency would not be harmful in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so there it is.

I've spend a couple of days with leppa berries. Here are statistics:

I've wasted 535 leppa berries. One leppa is 2 sweet scents, so I've made 1073 hordes. (cause pp maxed sweet scent gives u 3 uses after pc healing)  

By my statistic, I've met 3888 pokemons, on Pattern bush which means I've seen around 3.62 pokemons per horde.

(This is on pattern bush only, I didn't counted Power plant/Growlithes. There would be like 2 times more then, so I will add this)

BUT

I've met a lot more hordes and pokemons before and after I've start to make statistic, after catching my shiny primeape.  So I think it could be around 10-12k pokemons I've seen. 

But there she is. 

Spoiler

29pay4j.jpg

3 minutes ago, bearminator said:

Ok so there it is.

I've wasted 535 leppa berries. One leppa is 2 sweet scents, so I've made 1073 hordes. (cause pp maxed sweet scent gives u 3 uses after pc healing)  

By my statistic, I've met 3888 pokemons, on Pattern bush which means I've seen around 3.62 pokemons per horde.

(This is on pattern bush only, I didn't counted Power plant/Growlithes. There would be like 2 times more then, so I will add this)

BUT

I've met a lot more hordes and pokemons before and after I've start to make statistic, after catching my shiny primeape.  So I think it could be around 10-12k pokemons I've seen. 

But there she is. 

Reveal hidden contents

29pay4j.jpg

nice man

Hey man, congrats on the shiny!

That azumarill was around 500 hours. Donator status active, you can see that in the pic. And not in a horde. No idea what encounter number I was on.

By the way, Chesars has found 4 more shinies lol, he has spoink, golbat, spinark, golbat and numel now. All caught in the last month. All hordes and all with donator. He has been tracking all the data too so if you want specifics, PM him ingame. Check out our team's page if you want screens (team [Mr]). Two other teamates have caught OTs recently too. (Were all just hunting lol)

On 15/05/2016 at 5:59 PM, bearminator said:

Ok so there it is.

BUT

But there she is. 

Hide contents

29pay4j.jpg

I used around 1.2k Leppa's at Pattern Bush. Probably translates into roughly 8k+ going by your calculations.

I found nothing. :<

Edited by KaynineXL

We arnt talking number of encounters here people.  We are talking rng... Every time you encounter a poke or hatch a poke or anything that involves you receiving a poke "excluding trades with other players" you have like a 0000.85% chance of that poke being shiny. It doesn't go off of time spent playing the game or encounters. Its purely random. 

Quick example:

I caught 2 paras shiny within one day of eachother at about 200 hours. The next one i caught a marill at 4000 hours. Between 4000 hours and now "5400ish" i have been only breeding and shiny hunting. Thats 1400 hours worth of looking for a shiny.  And i have found nothing.

So this makes it pretty obvious that its just random,  you cant predict a random thing. You can influence it a little with the donation status or making sure you only encounter pokes from one particular area "this means using repels when going to the place you shiny hunt, who wants a shiny tentacool :p" things like that. 

Edited by sephiroth1977
On 20.05.2016 at 0:58 AM, KaynineXL said:

I used around 1.2k Leppa's at Pattern Bush. Probably translates into roughly 8k+ going by your calculations.

I found nothing. :<

Did you praise bearuminati tho? 

On 21.05.2016 at 9:45 AM, sephiroth1977 said:

So this makes it pretty obvious that its just random,  you cant predict a random thing. You can influence it a little with the donation status or making sure you 

Yes, we know mate. But I like statistics, so I will count again how many encounters it will make.

As we don't know how rate is, we can just make those kind of speculation and calcs. 

The goal is, to stop people from "I have 8000hours and nothing" . I have 40k encounters and nothing sounds more dramatic for me. 

On 15/5/2016 at 6:59 PM, bearminator said:

Ok so there it is.

BUT

But there she is. 

Reveal hidden contents

29pay4j.jpg

found today?

On 21/05/2016 at 8:45 AM, sephiroth1977 said:

We arnt talking number of encounters here people.  We are talking rng... Every time you encounter a poke or hatch a poke or anything that involves you receiving a poke "excluding trades with other players" you have like a 0000.85% chance of that poke being shiny. It doesn't go off of time spent playing the game or encounters. Its purely random. 

Quick example:

I caught 2 paras shiny within one day of eachother at about 200 hours. The next one i caught a marill at 4000 hours. Between 4000 hours and now "5400ish" i have been only breeding and shiny hunting. Thats 1400 hours worth of looking for a shiny.  And i have found nothing.

So this makes it pretty obvious that its just random,  you cant predict a random thing. You can influence it a little with the donation status or making sure you only encounter pokes from one particular area "this means using repels when going to the place you shiny hunt, who wants a shiny tentacool :p" things like that. 

Wow, I didn't know that.

Thanks man

On 5/21/2016 at 1:15 PM, sephiroth1977 said:

but it does goes by the number of encounters, if you repeat a process enough times(the number of encounters in this case) you are bound to get all the possible outcomes in a purely random event. 

Where did you get that number ?

13 minutes ago, Bishav said:

but it does goes by the number of encounters, if you repeat a process enough times(the number of encounters in this case) you are bound to get all the possible outcomes in a purely random event. 

Where did you get that number ?

Its on a thread somewhere.  Read it like 2 years ago so i dont know exactly what thread

If someone would please post that thread hsre that would be grand ^^

Edited by sephiroth1977
8 minutes ago, sephiroth1977 said:

Its on a thread somewhere.  Read it like 2 years ago so i dont know exactly what thread

If someone would please post that thread hsre that would be grand ^^

we still don't know the rate, other than it's not 1/8192 anymore.