Master Bait (fishing hordes)

Rigamorty

Question

I'm suggesting an item that you could use to make your next fishing cast attract a horde the way sweet scent does.

What I mostly have in mind when thinking of it is more possible EV training spots, like poliwag/whirl from viridian pond, or the gyarados/seaking/goldeen spot behind that one house in saffron for attack.

Also I just like fishing and want a reason to do it again, since I haven't really had the need to fish for something in particular since shards were gotten from it.

10 answers to this question

Support, they should be sold at like 500$ on the fisher house at vermilion

making a new item buyable with yen is too easy and isn't really fun. Making it obtainable some other way through like a fishing quest, or even making it a farmable berry would give players a way to produce it and then in turn the ones who want to buy it can go to the gtl for it.

granted to be balanced with sweet scent and leppa berries, it'd need to either be multi use or be double as common as leppas since those give 2 sweet scent each.

I would use master bait to find all of dem muk

I mean, seriously. If you're gonna have an item called "master bait" you have to make the water in Celadon City have a 1% chance to produce a Muk horde.

[spoiler]

I can't wait to become a master baiter. A master baiter like no one ever was.

[/spoiler]

Edited by Gilan

the obvious pun name should be kept cause lol but this is actually a good idea. would increase the chances of getting horde shinys from fishing and and surfing and give players a reason to ev in the water. people would do this for the above reasons and it would give a little more gameplay for things to grind for since this is clearly grindmmo.

I support this. With the edition of hordes, and generally having the ability to EV train all stats efficiently and to obtain anything through breeding. The only reason I fish anymore is in Icefall cave in shallow dreams of finding a shiny Poliwag/Whirl for my fav shiny: Politoed.

If this was added it would help my sanity and make me feeling like my dream is possible, after the persian incident.