Show us stat increases during matches

LifeStyle

Question

Basically like what you see on showdown, those little boxes standing below the pokemon names, for example 1.5x Speed or something like that so players don't have to remember things like "How many dds has that guy used already" or "I wonder how many calm minds I used".

Ps. I'll apologize in advance if this was already suggested by someone else.

16 answers to this question

Pretty much everything that showdown has would be useful.

Being able to see layers of spikes, leech, screens. Volatile status like taunt and confusion.

Substitute was a good start.

Ye I forgot to mention those, but then I remembered I would need to post on a different thread and I'm just too lazy for it

Not even 6th or possibly even 7th gen has those boxes. Yes it is a skill. Just git gud. VGC players play with a notepad.

it's not skill. It's simply doing the "smart" thing. For example, in Magic the Gathering, you can play spells that allow you to look at the opponent's hand. When doing this, the smart thing to do is to write down each card that is in the opponent's hand; this is not skill. Skill would be being able to determine the likelihood that the opponent drew a certain card, and then playing around that card appropriately; such a thing takes experience and deep knowledge of math and the game itself. Players can have varying degrees of proficiency at this "prediction and outplay"; on the otherhand, writing down notes does not require experience or a special set of knowledge, and there is no degree of proficiency at which a player can be at note taking in these contexts.

Yeah except the information they are writing down is useless to the uninitiated. You wouldnt even bother writing things down unless you have a complex understanding of the game. I mentioned the notepad thing as an example of how people git gud. Its a tool that only helps veterans.

Yeah except the information they are writing down is useless to the uninitiated. You wouldnt even bother writing things down unless you have a complex understanding of the game. I mentioned the notepad thing as an example of how people git gud. Its a tool that only helps veterans.

so im guessing you're against this suggestion?

I don't disagree with this statement, since you didn't make an argument as to why you consider notetaking to be a skill.

However, veterans of the game are wanting this mechanic, as shown by this suggestion thread. Since note taking is not a skill, there is no reason not to include it.

also, saying "Its a tool that only helps veterans." is simply not true. There are plenty of new players who take down notes while playing, albeit a minority. And also, you just underlined what it is, "a tool", not a skill.

Edited by Gilan

Darkshade said some time ago that they would work on it, but that it hadn't a top priority

EDIT: 

I think this is something we will look into at some stage, and is on our list of 'Possible implementations'.

If we do go ahead with something like this though, I'd rather it be a bit more visual than your examples. (Although of course I realize they are indeed examples) 

Edited by londark