Make the trade channel a global chat across all channels

Xatu

Question

11 answers to this question

Trade was made channel based when global was removed.

This was done to prevent trade from becoming the "new global" along with the GTL reducing the need for trade chat substantially.

I feel like we should have global trade chat honestly. GTL will always be the primary way to sell things, especially items/random caught pokemon and for the most part comps. Selling shinies is tough with the high tax on them, and the fact you can't negotiate a price. Now I'm sure you staff would rather trades be done anonymously, clearly with not showing the name of the seller in GTL proves that, but I feel like giving people the option to sell on trade while being able to negotiate is good for shiny trading which is currently a daunting task.

I highly doubt having global trade will destroy the use of GTL because it's much more convenient for selling lower range items/pokes, so that wouldn't be a problem. It's currently fairly hard to sell in trade because it's only based on the channel you're in which makes it, for the most part useless to even be in that tab. It seems ch1 is the designated channel for trade chat selling, and I just think having it global trade would make it more convenient for everyone with little drawbacks.

Edited by KaynineXL

I feel like we should have global trade chat honestly. GTL will always be the primary way to sell things, especially items/random caught pokemon and for the most part comps. Selling shinies is tough with the high tax on them, and the fact you can't negotiate a price. Now I'm sure you staff would rather trades be done anonymously, clearly with not showing the name of the seller in GTL proves that, but I feel like giving people the option to sell on trade while being able to negotiate is good for shiny trading which is currently a daunting task.

I highly doubt having global trade will destroy the use of GTL because it's much more convenient for selling lower range items/pokes, so that wouldn't be a problem. It's currently fairly hard to sell in trade because it's only based on the channel you're in which makes it, for the most part useless to even be in that tab. It seems ch1 is the designated channel for trade chat selling, and I just think having it global trade would make it more convenient for everyone with little drawbacks.

I'm a pleb and don't have shinies or a ton of cash and I still agree with this. I use the GTL 1000x more than trade chat or even the forums. A global chat wouldn't change that, and would only help the people who do use it.

This was done to prevent trade from becoming the "new global" along with the GTL reducing the need for trade chat substantially.

It can't become the new global, as there will be more people spamming their products than people who want to chat. Honestly, having trade channel-based is pretty nonsensical. GTL will remain the biggest trade place regardless due to convenience.

I used to want this to happen, but then I thought of it like this -

"The more active the Trade chat, the more people spam their shit, meaning less chance for you to purchase that occasional good deal"

I've had that happen to me within 5 seconds on entering the game, plus most traders hang around CH1 anyway, which I notice is usually pretty busy. GTL is an amazing add-on too. 

For me, as much as it would be nice, would seen pointless IMO.

I used to want this to happen, but then I thought of it like this -

"The more active the Trade chat, the more people spam their shit, meaning less chance for you to purchase that occasional good deal"

I've had that happen to me within 5 seconds on entering the game, plus most traders hang around CH1 anyway, which I notice is usually pretty busy. GTL is an amazing add-on too. 

For me, as much as it would be nice, would seen pointless IMO.

Because trade chat is fairly dead, many people don't even view it. If it was more active, more people would check it out and you'd probably find yourself selling easier. It works both ways.

Edited by KaynineXL

Because trade chat is fairly dead, many people don't even view it. If it was more active, more people would check it out and you'd probably find yourself selling easier. It works both ways.

That's a fair point.

The majority of users are selling shinies on Trade chat , with the occasional comps and breeders . Sadly the community is losing some interest in shinies (not too difficult to see why with the latest news) especially with the prices being asked for.

If there could be a bridge for activity that'd be perfect , but with people selling things quicker and easier on GTL , they're going to overlook anything else . Also with the new matchmaking system less people hang around Vermilion which means there's less chance they'll look around the TC in the meanwhile.

I guess I've adapted but knowing me I may very well change my mind in the near future.