Trainer Levels

Kouteshi

Question

Hey guys time for another suggestion that's probably not gonna be accepted or be discussed for 2 years until it is implemented.

But i'm gonna do it anyway

I was thinking we(trainers) could have levels too.

Like you do one achievement(completing the dex,breeding your first pokemon in 4 island/mauville city,get your starter.

You could get some rewards.

First achievement would be getting a starter.

That would give you 500 $ Money and 1 potion(example)

Second:Visiting your first city(viridian) 1 paralyze heal/antidotes/etc

Third:Catching your first pokemon

Fourth:Winning your first badge(getting other badges would be nice to get rewards too)

And each level up you would get some money(going up each level)

Achievements would give you Trainer Exp and some rewards for your adventure.

And then in the breeding for example you could get like everstones and other stuff

Getting your first 6x31 you could get like 15 everstones.

Your trainer level would be shown in the trainer card.

Discuss

Edited by Kouteshi

9 answers to this question

Wynaut?

its non-canon, which really isnt a good argument in itself, but keeping this game atleast kinda close to the originals is a good thing imo. 

Also i dont see a point in a lvl-system, atleast if we get achivements. Which i think I've read they want to do, just havent come around to do it yet.

showing how many achivments you've gotten in your trainercard or something could work if the lvl system is just to show-off

Achivments are really great tho, ahcivement-hunting is fun, it can also work as a "tutorial" for newbies. And it might help to push people into comp, or giving clues to where to start when getting into comp... 

The level system atm is embodied in the use of badges.

I can see it working and would enable several features but it may drift a little to far from the original concept.

Maybe prizes aren't a good idea but some features would be good (double secret base,secret shop for hidden secret base items,a museum of PokeMMO's best players,etc)

Those are just examples staff will do as they want ^^