[MOD] Hiraeth's Kanto Tile Mod

Curious question, has Viridian Forest , the caves and the Pokemon Centre / Pokemon Mart been decorated?

Was wondering because the Pokemon Centre I'm using in my mod is the exact same as the G / S / C one (Gen 2)

Caves will come after outdoor tiles are complete. Indoor building tiles will come after. :)

Edit: Viridian Forest was done in this version, however there are border tile issues.

Edited by Hiraeth

Caves will come after outdoor tiles are complete. Indoor building tiles will come after. :)

Edit: Viridian Forest was done in this version, however there are border tile issues.

Sweet!

Another thing, but very minor - I love how you redesigned the Pokemon Centre and Mart , will this be the same for the gyms? I just thought it may blend in nicely.

Keep up the good work!
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/28/2016 at 4:42 PM, Hiraeth said:

Sweet!

Another thing, but very minor - I love how you redesigned the Pokemon Centre and Mart , will this be the same for the gyms? I just thought it may blend in nicely.

Keep up the good work!

Yep! I plan on replacing all buildings (including gyms) in the region.

I use this all the time and it is great.

Nice job, Hiraeth! The palette you've chosen is very pretty. Your guide on map editing was also very informative :)

I still remember the trouble I had back when I made my Kanto patch; Having to draw tiles around pre-existing movement conditions, limited palette options, etc... You guys sure have it easy now :P

Some food for thought: Animations can be edited via Lu-Ho's animation editor, although you'd be heading into IPS editing. However, the entire process should be easier, since you can be liberal with palette&tile management within the rom. Same goes for fixing any border tile issues-just use Advanced Map.

One thing I hope to see is more details! With unlimited palettes and tiles, go crazy!

I always wanted to put in "picture spots" that were just tiles that the players can stand under/over to create unique poses...but IPS hacking limitations prevented that from happening. Picture spots randomly thoughout the game would be fun, don't you think?

Looking forward to seeing more of your work. Hope you take the same art style and expand it to Hoenn (lol I'm a hypocrite) :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Was just wondering which staff member keeps deleting the .mod file someone posted linking 2 bridges in Vermilion City?

The OP hasn't been online for awhile and neither had I, can you please explain why you deleted this valid link instead of inserting it into OP?

Thanks.

Edited by Imperial
On 4/22/2016 at 9:46 PM, Hiraeth said:

Known Bugs:

• For some reason some maps (like Viridian Forest) don't let me set the border tiles.
  • This mod is not compatible with the second ship (and its custom tiles) in Vermilion City.

Hello, I fixed the bug in Vermilion, I am looking forward to work with you if you wish. PM me

b882d0483cf9d907a6fbc1c4b5a5352a.png

25df0cdaeb13a9fd8dec870ee786e2e8.png

Edited by DaniiMariie
Replacing Viridian for Vermilion, misspelled
On 27-8-2016 at 4:55 PM, Imperial said:

Was just wondering which staff member keeps deleting the .mod file someone posted linking 2 bridges in Vermilion City?

The OP hasn't been online for awhile and neither had I, can you please explain why you deleted this valid link instead of inserting it into OP?

Thanks.

This is the post but it keeps getting deleted, mods are working on it. 

Heey guys I just updated the Mod for Hiraeth, the vermillion bug is fixed. you can now see the bridge normally to the Hoenn region.

Tile Artist Credit:

Kyledove

WesleyFG

The-Red-Ex

Hiraeth

Here's the download link to the updated file.  I took the link out of the post because otherwise the post will get deleted, until a mod authorize it.

Before:

HTXQ0tJ.png?1

After:

7QMPZEV.png

Enjoy!

Edited by DragonLeather
Took link out