[PSL V] General Smack Talk Thread

3/10 main host, possibly even worse than me, wouldn't participate

[spoiler]there's just no other people to smack talk against, waiting for new managers.

btw holy damn how do you have 15 mil gathered already.[/spoiler]

I am gonna try to get manager so you can bash me as much as you want.

Also hype is real?

Edit: I suck at trashtalking so hf.

Edited by Kurodashi

Why are we trusting gunthug to hold the money? He'll just waste it all knowing that he has like 2m left from that cloud nests hat. I bet he'll buy another shiny, what a loser.

What I fear is that he'll get his mystery box addiction turned on and all the money will magically disappear. I would prefer to give it to someone without any addictions. Like me.

Why are we trusting gunthug to hold the money? He'll just waste it all knowing that he has like 2m left from that cloud nests hat. I bet he'll buy another shiny, what a loser.

Hey man, I actually have 4m leftover from the cloud nest hat - and i sold that shiny ekans that i impulse-bought, so, eat it'

e: and anyways ill probably just have noad or tyrone hold the money all season kek

Edited by Gunthug

Hey man, I actually have 4m leftover from the cloud nest hat - and i sold that shiny ekans that i impulse-bought, so, eat it'

e: and anyways ill probably just have noad or tyrone hold the money all season kek

no man tyrone sux at league, noad is a thief and toast is bad

give me the money. i wont spend it i promise. i will give to the winner

[spoiler]toast has nothing to do with this but he is still bad[/spoiler]

Edited by KaynineXL

I know it's sort of boring for the managers they can't play but the point of the manager really is to win by the team leading decisions they do instead of their own playing skill. Basically if the manager is a good player that's a one "free player" to the team which can be worth normally tens of thousands of credits. What this leads to is only good players wanting to sign up as managers anyways.

As ThinkNice took PSL from Smogon's Premier League mostly I assume there was some major discussion about the same thing anyways and good reasoning why managers shouldn't play (I'm just assuming the manager rule was the same in SPL, please correct me if wrong). Even with the "managers don't play" we had about 100 player signups for both s3 and s4 as well as enough managers which were willing to manage within the rules that they aren't players. I can really see both sides of it but I guess the biggest is that getting a free player who could cost like hell isn't exactly fair. Or like gunt pointed out if a manager would play for another team and that makes no sense at all.

Edited by OrangeManiac

Thanks to some extremely generous donations on day 1 of the donations stage, we're already very close to our goal! Currently deciding what to do if we go over the 20m and people still want to donate - I can either increase the payout for 1st place, set aside the money for MVP cup, or keep it and blow it all on mystery boxes. Leaning towards option 2