Make Daisy give us 100% happiness

I never said that >.>

No but your statement made it sound like as if soothe bells / luxury balls are items of high importance and that their disuse could be detrimental. Soothe Bells are nice if you want to increase the happiness by around max. 5% and luxury balls are used more often than not, for their symbol. The happiness thing is just a bonus.

Maybe charging a varying fee for the amount of happiness Daisy has to give a pokemon, could help (sorry guys I know money sink). 

Edited by NikhilR

I agree with giving Daisy a buff. Im disappointed with only getting 30% happiness, I thought the update said +75% happiness, but a teammate of mine pointed out it says only +75 POINTS of happiness. Happiness is not measured in points, its measured in perentages. This was a let-down for me. Im in the middle of breeding a Raichu and I still have to run around Saffron City like an idiot with a soothe bell to avoid needing to be lvl 40+ to evolve a pichu. 

where do you think the percentages come from?

Happiness goes from 0 to 255 and the pogeyman need 220 points to evolve.

220 out of 255 is 86.27% and when applied a ceil function 87%

Nah I think his point is the percentage is what we're shown in the pokemon summary, and people, myself included, thought that 75 was gonna be a percentage, not just points.

Nah I think his point is the percentage is what we're shown in the pokemon summary, and people, myself included, thought that 75 was gonna be a percentage, not just points.

Yes this is exactly what I meant. We are not shown points, we are shown percentages. 

Let me be sure I got this right...

Friendship/Happiness affects frustration and return, some evolutions (and babies specifically) and thats it?

I don't think this is worth implementing even though it would be occasionally convenient. I WOULD however prefer to see the happiness points at least as an option over percentages. Unless I'm misunderstanding the friendship mechanic, that is.

Edited by Phryme

Let me be sure I got this right...

Friendship/Happiness affects frustration and return, some evolutions (and babies specifically) and thats it?

I don't think this is worth implementing even though it would be occasionally convenient. I WOULD however prefer to see the happiness points at least as an option over percentages. Unless I'm misunderstanding the friendship mechanic, that is.

Think about it from another standpoint, though. For a stat that is so nearly useless, why should it be so tedious to raise? It's not like EV training in the sense that it raises your Pokemon's capabilities in battle, is useful on all Pokemon, or that EV's are permanent (assuming you don't manually remove them with berries). However, happiness is a pain to grind, only affects a very few Pokemon, and is instantly and automatically reset if that Pokemon ever leaves your possession. For such a fickle, generally-unimportant stat, why does it take so much to raise it? (That's not even considering the breeding aspects of it)

Think about it from another standpoint, though. For a stat that is so nearly useless, why should it be so tedious to raise? It's not like EV training in the sense that it raises your Pokemon's capabilities in battle, is useful on all Pokemon, or that EV's are permanent (assuming you don't manually remove them with berries). However, happiness is a pain to grind, only affects a very few Pokemon, and is instantly and automatically reset if that Pokemon ever leaves your possession. For such a fickle, generally-unimportant stat, why does it take so much to raise it? (That's not even considering the breeding aspects of it)

I see the point you're making, and its a good one. I just think there are more pressing issues than this. This is a relatively small quality of life kind of change. Once they fix most ofthe bugs with some of the recent additions and complete the gens already added I'd be down for this.

I see the point you're making, and its a good one. I just think there are more pressing issues than this. This is a relatively small quality of life kind of change. Once they fix most ofthe bugs with some of the recent additions and complete the gens already added I'd be down for this.

Why not before? It's a very easy to change. Literally just a single value. They changed it from the PTS when they implemented it on the live server. It'd be like changing the prices of a certain item in the Pokemart. We just have to convince the devs that it should be changed.

We changed it because it was pretty much agreed that at 100% far less people would bother training happiness or buying into any current/future sinks involving it and instead just wait until the following day to use Daisy. (Outside of situations where they're breeding something that requires it)

Daisy is a daily bonus, she's not there to take away all of the work - just to alleviate some of it.

For a stat that is so nearly useless, why should it be so tedious to raise? 

Also you realize by making it a stat which is "Talk to this NPC and you're done" you make it even more 'useless' by further removing value from anything tied to said stat?

Can it be buffed to +50% atleast?

That way you can level your eevee or whatever to 37 yourself and groom it to evolve. Currently the Groom happiness is a bit lower than expected.

Well what did you expect? PTS rates? Misread the changelog?

She gave far less in vanilla (+3 or +2 happiness points)

tl;dr: Her boost is beneficial enough at +30%.