Sevi Islands League

BaconPokemonReaserch

Question

17 answers to this question

More to do after elite four, more replay value, custom content, nostalgia to Ash's orange island adventure, adds more purpose to Sevi Islands.

The thing is, we don't need more purpose to the sevii island, go catch unowns or grind for money, they aren't that exciting. Honestly there's a lot to do after the elite 4 even when you've done both regions, so I don't think it should be added.

The thing is, we don't need more purpose to the sevii island, go catch unowns or grind for money, they aren't that exciting. Honestly there's a lot to do after the elite 4 even when you've done both regions, so I don't think it should be added.

You literally give a reason in your argument. Make Sevi Islands more exciting. At its current state all it is to get some pokemon and grind money and exp. There are quite a few things to do already, but whats the harm in adding more, especially since a MMO is supposed to make new content keep coming to bring players to keep playing and this would be a great thing to add as sort of like a expansion in World of Warcraft. Also to clarify if wasn't clear, gym leaders would be around the same levels as elite four and progress higher as you go on.

[hr]

I can get behind more end-game content. But this isn't really that.

How is it not end game content? It's after the Elite Four and adds more to do in the Sevi Islands.

Edited by Pereiraa
Please don't double post.

How is it not end game content? It's after the Elite Four and adds more to do in the Sevi Islands.

He didn't say that it's not game content. He just said that it's very bad game content.

Since nobody uses Bill's house or whatever above cerulean, maybe we can make it a night club, that way we can have more end-game content. And we can make the bike path a water park, since nobody uses that either.

Point is, the fact that it isn't used doesn't automatically mean it'd be better to put something more on it. We already have an end game, your suggestion, even if acceptable, is only gonna be good the first time, just like the other 2 Gym Quests in Hoenn and Kanto.

More to do after elite four, more replay value, custom content, nostalgia to Ash's orange island adventure, adds more purpose to Sevi Islands.

Your "more to do after the elite four" was what I basically just said. "More replay value", I'm pretty sure everyone can agree that we don't need anything more that'll increase replay time, so it's actually the opposite. Custom content, you've got a point there, it is custom content, but it doesn't have to mean it's good custom content. And the nostalgia is just partial to a certain playerbase, I don't see it, and I'm sure more than half of our players don't see it either, so that's that too.

this would just be more story line content, not so much end game.

After elite four is considered end game. Also storyline bonus isn't a problem.

He didn't say that it's not game content. He just said that it's very bad game content.
Since nobody uses Bill's house or whatever above cerulean, maybe we can make it a night club, that way we can have more end-game content. And we can make the bike path a water park, since nobody uses that either.
Point is, the fact that it isn't used doesn't automatically mean it'd be better to put something more on it. We already have an end game, your suggestion, even if acceptable, is only gonna be good the first time, just like the other 2 Gym Quests in Hoenn and Kanto.

Your "more to do after the elite four" was what I basically just said. "More replay value", I'm pretty sure everyone can agree that we don't need anything more that'll increase replay time, so it's actually the opposite. Custom content, you've got a point there, it is custom content, but it doesn't have to mean it's good custom content. And the nostalgia is just partial to a certain playerbase, I don't see it, and I'm sure more than half of our players don't see it either, so that's that too.

Except you forget that the Sevi Islands is basically it's own region, but with near no content, but Johto pokemon and a short team rocket storyline. You also say it's no replay value, even though it adds to the overall things you can do and is something to do on other characters.

we should really stop suggesting new areas/regions until they finish improving core gameplay first.

I would say the core game is pretty finshed, at least the parts new players play. Also suggesting something doesn't mean it has to be worked on immediately. It can be accepted yet put off till other things are done.

>after this thing i want to add another of is considered end game

right. so like all of hoenn is end game because i finished kanto e4 first. i get it now.

I'm not saying things to do after the E4 is bad. Quite the contrary. If its repeatable and is fun (or at least worth it to repeat) I'm all for it. But just adding more story for the sake of more story isn't really "end game". End game in other games (I'll use Destiny as an example since I 100% consider it to be a MMO) is when you have no more real, linear story to complete. You've "beaten" the game and seen the credits. Now you can do PvP, Dungeons/Raids, etc. Things like THAT are what I really want to see implemented in the future.

An expansion to the story is just... well, more story mode. Cool, more stuff to altrun on.

Edited by Phryme

You literally give a reason in your argument. Make Sevi Islands more exciting. At its current state all it is to get some pokemon and grind money and exp. There are quite a few things to do already, but whats the harm in adding more, especially since a MMO is supposed to make new content keep coming to bring players to keep playing and this would be a great thing to add as sort of like a expansion in World of Warcraft. Also to clarify if wasn't clear, gym leaders would be around the same levels as elite four and progress higher as you go on.

[hr]

When I say "they aren't that exciting" I mean "They don't need anything"

>after this thing i want to add another of is considered end game

right. so like all of hoenn is end game because i finished kanto e4 first. i get it now.

Except everyone pokemon game defines end game as after Elite Four and so do almost all of the Pokemon community.

I'm not saying things to do after the E4 is bad. Quite the contrary. If its repeatable and is fun (or at least worth it to repeat) I'm all for it. But just adding more story for the sake of more story isn't really "end game". End game in other games (I'll use Destiny as an example since I 100% consider it to be a MMO) is when you have no more real, linear story to complete. You've "beaten" the game and seen the credits. Now you can do PvP, Dungeons/Raids, etc. Things like THAT are what I really want to see implemented in the future.

An expansion to the story is just... well, more story mode. Cool, more stuff to altrun on.

And what's wrong with gyms? This isn't even really adding story it's adding gyms to challenge while in the Sevi Islands. Would definitely help e4 and end game training of pokemon. They could be made completely optional as well, as they aren't monumental or a necessity, just like going to Kanto/Hoenn is optional.

When I say "they aren't that exciting" I mean "They don't need anything"

The area is pretty void of content or things to do already, except breed, get cash, or get Johto pokemon, all things available in other areas where there is more to do. Adding this would give more purpose and a reason othere than extra exp and cash, breeding, and Johto pokemon to do.

While what you are saying about end game is true for the cartridges it is not necessarily true here.

While this would be cool, once completed players will be back to square one with little end game content. In an MMO the end game should not revolve around completing more storylines just to keep the player engaged. The end game content should be repeatable without completely starting over.

You also say it's no replay value, even though it adds to the overall things you can do and is something to do on other characters.

It isn't replay value. For it to be replay value, it actually needs to have some significant value in the first place. 

While this would be cool, once completed players will be back to square one with little end game content. In an MMO the end game should not revolve around completing more storylines just to keep the player engaged. The end game content should be repeatable without completely starting over.

^And that's what I meant by no replay value. You could say the whole story in Kanto/Hoenn is replay value too. If you count those, whenever you replay those, you have like, 10 hour minimum replay time thanks to it, if you're into that.

The area is pretty void of content or things to do already, except breed, get cash, or get Johto pokemon, all things available in other areas where there is more to do. Adding this would give more purpose and a reason othere than extra exp and cash, breeding, and Johto pokemon to do.

"Look the area is pretty dull if you exclude this, this, and this" Yeah, that's really not a good example. That's like me saying "Hitler was a nice guy, excluding the holocaust, his corruption, and his overall personality" do you see where I'm coming from? Extra exp, cash, and breeding, as well as catching Johto pokemon are all good things, so I'm not sure why you'd rule those out. I think that maybe we should focus on Poke[MMO] not [Poke]MMO. We don't need more story, we could use dungeons and more pvp-aspects. Thanks for reading~

And what's wrong with gyms? This isn't even really adding story it's adding gyms to challenge while in the Sevi Islands. Would definitely help e4 and end game training of pokemon. They could be made completely optional as well, as they aren't monumental or a necessity, just like going to Kanto/Hoenn is optional.

I'm usually not one to respond with a quote, but you missed my point so here you go.

While what you are saying about end game is true for the cartridges it is not necessarily true here.

This is what I was trying to get at. Let me reiterate: I don't hate the idea. I actually would love more content, whether its storyline or endgame. But it seems like you want this to be endgame content when it really would never be looked at that way. If creating another league is endgame content that people enjoy, they would just replay the Kanto and Hoenn stories over and over for reasons OTHER than to get money. Altrunning is already huge, and this would only increase it when in reality we need to make the endgame more rewarding and fun so people don't feel the need to altrun.

---

Also, while I have no idea what the devs had to go through to make the base storyline, but it appears to me that its largely based off of the ROMs we installed. (Although that shouldn't diminish what the devs acomplished.) Creating a whole new league from the ground up would take FAR more work if its even possible. They would have to alter the already existing maps, create entirely new sprites/characters/dialogue, and figure out how to balance it since it would probably have more reward than the Indigo league and Evergrande City league. In my opinion, their time is better served creating true end-game content or improving the competitive scene. (The comp scene is in every way endgame content in my book.)