Premium Membership/Server (not pay to win)

Xatu

Question

So it goes without saying that people love seeing new content.  A premium server could be like a constant PTS server.  Whatever the devs are testing you will see.  It could be a low rate, like $5/month.  Another benefit could be less lag and an alt server to go to when the main server is full.  The premium title could give other subtle effects in the game too things like premium only missions and all the other effects from donators status.  The two statuses effects could also stack.  So 20% increased shiny rate ect if you have both going.  Premium should also be allowed to be sold on the GTL.  Once certain portions of johto or any other region are implemented using the custom map engine, the premium members could be the first ones to get to test it.

Alot of online games that have a large emphasis on item hoarding usually give you some sort of rare item for every premium month you purchase.  The equivalent could be like 1x premium mystery box with new premium-box only vanities.  

And thats about it.  Feel free to add on this idea or shoot it down lol.

13 answers to this question

shoot it down

Another benefit could be less lag and an alt server to go to when the main server is full.

I've never seen the main server actually fill to max capacity. And PokeMMO hasn't had server lag in a while. It was happening frequently a while ago, cause a certain someone got banned and ddos'd the servers frequently.

I see absolutely no reason for this; it's simply a detriment to the game, not to mention it probably wouldn't even be a profitable endeavor.

Kek well the main idea is to see all the new content while its being developed. The less lagginess would just be an added bonus. The boxes would most of the time give you like 1 shard and 4 berries. The rng would not be in your favor and give you 3x desu coats or something lol.

Nothing i suggested is really too crazy or pay to win. Even a 20% increase on shiny rate isnt amazing or p2w.

So it goes without saying that people love seeing new content.  A premium server could be like a constant PTS server.  Whatever the devs are testing you will see.  It could be a low rate, like $5/month.  Another benefit could be less lag and an alt server to go to when the main server is full.  The premium title could give other subtle effects in the game too things like premium only missions and all the other effects from donators status.  The two statuses effects could also stack.  So 20% increased shiny rate ect if you have both going.  Premium should also be allowed to be sold on the GTL.  Once certain portions of johto or any other region are implemented using the custom map engine, the premium members could be the first ones to get to test it.

Alot of online games that have a large emphasis on item hoarding usually give you some sort of rare item for every premium month you purchase.  The equivalent could be like 1x premium mystery box with new premium-box only vanities.  

And thats about it.  Feel free to add on this idea or shoot it down lol.

Whilst I'm sure the devs would love to get more money, this idea would just be bad. Seeing new content is nice, but the content has to be fair and good. People donate to PokeMMO usually for vanities, and most of those can be traded. Of course, at least they're obtainable by normal players since they can pay with Pokeyen. Another argument is "Not p2w", seriously? 20% increase on shiny rate is just boring, and if you're saying it'll be like another pts server, you can't even keep the shiny unless they make a way to connect two servers to transfer over, so that's just a downright bad idea. Premium-only vanities? Oh, that sounds great... Except that a fair amount of players would get them, lowering the price of them and making them less rare, which really wouldn't be fun when you finally could get one. (Example: A normal player who doesn't donate getting 1mil or something like that for a vanity, only to find out that a load of people have them)

Next, the entire server in general. The chat would just be full of arrogant people, and it'd just be more cancerous than channel 2 chat. I'm gonna have to shoot it down :/

Why have a new status that does the same thing as donator status and stacks, when you can just expand on donator status features?

That said:
-I think bypassing queues actually is a donator feature, but that never really happens anyways. If it does happen, an admin usually just bumps the max online.

-The current PTS system is /probably/ as far as devs are willing to go in terms of revealing new upcoming things.

Creating a new group of players who actually want/can afford to pay for setting themselves apart from the rest of the community would fractionise the community even more (since only a certain group actually use the forums and the Global Chat that connected the 8 channels is gone), which - in my opinion - is the opposite direction of what we should be heading for.

Edited by Anthrazit

A "members" server is fairly unnecessary. As others mentioned, we have a fairly large cushion of server capacity ready and splitting up players into separate servers is harmful to the community.

However, a members channel or chat type may be a decent compromise. I just don't know if there is enough demand to warrant the addition.

A "members" server is fairly unnecessary. As others mentioned, we have a fairly large cushion of server capacity ready and splitting up players into separate servers is harmful to the community.

However, a members channel or chat type may be a decent compromise. I just don't know if there is enough demand to warrant the addition.

honestly a membership only global chat might be kinda cool. 

putting a chat behind a paywall might give it a lot less cancer huehuehue brbrbr?

Every reason this is a bad idea (imo) has been stated. If we're looking for ways to fund the devs/game, add donator-exclusive vanities that are untradeable. People will throw money at you as long as you dont bump the price up.

A member chat is a cool idea. I just don't see why its needed or wanted other than to get away from a constant stream of team recruitment messages.