Edit the NU tier in pokedex

semjon

Question

19 answers to this question

Maybe they could put a low bound for NU, make it like 1%.

Anything with usage under that goes to another category. "Other" maybe, unless they wanna add PU and all that shit.

LF PU Viability Thread 

They might add RU though. I remember reading somewhere that if they add another tier, RU should be the current NU, and NU will be the lower tier. Idk why they didn't just name what we have now RU in the first place

They might add RU though. I remember reading somewhere that if they add another tier, RU should be the current NU, and NU will be the lower tier. Idk why they didn't just name what we have now RU in the first place

Probably because all the Pokemon in that tier are literally never used. I don't think I've ever seen an NU Pokemon on a serious OU team.

Probably because all the Pokemon in that tier are literally never used. I don't think I've ever seen an NU Pokemon on a serious OU team.

Lol this is just flat out wrong. It was named NU and not RU because we don't really have enough Pokemon to justify an RU tier. So we stuck with gen 3's tier names - they only had OU UU and NU

NU shouldn't even be a thing there, what is implemented in the dex are ban-lists

to know if your pokemon is still NU then check all the higher ban-lists

To add to this point:

I would rather see the tiers implemented instead of the ban-lists, that way when you select "Ubers" it would be like the current "All Tiers", if you select "OU" it would show all of the pokemon but those banned to Ubers, and so on.

However this is far from what you want in the OP (for that they would need to implement PU and then you can have a NU ban-list ;v).

Edited by axx

NU shouldn't even be a thing there, what is implemented in the dex are ban-lists

to know if your pokemon is still NU then check all the higher ban-lists

To add to this point:

I would rather see the tiers implemented instead of the ban-lists, that way when you select "Ubers" it would be like the current "All Tiers", if you select "OU" it would show all of the pokemon but those banned to Ubers, and so on.

However this is far from what you want in the OP (for that they would need to implement PU and then you can have a NU ban-list ;v).

I think you're a bit confused on what tiers are. Tiers are playable and have a certain set of viable pokemon within them. You might be thinking of BL and BL2, which are banlists for UU and NU respectively. NU is most definitely a tier, just like UU and OU, as evident of its existence in team tournament and official matchmaking. 

One of the simple basics of tiers is that you can always run lower tier pokemon in a higher tier, but not vice versa. It's not really necessary to include every pokemon that can be used in ubers, because they also belong to different tiers. It's not really accurate to say metapod is OU, as surprisingly enough, it never gets usage in OU, UU, or NU. By definition, OU is overused. Ubers is the ban list for OU. Even though you can run metapod in ubers, it has never and will never be banned from OU, so labeling it under the uber category in addition to OU, UU, and NU is very misleading. 

On 4/18/2016 at 6:34 AM, semjon said:

My suggestion is, to remove the not not (relevant) full evolved pokémon from the NU tier in pokedex. Whenever i want to check if my NUs are still NU its very annoying to watch through bulbasaur/ivysaur, charmander/charmeleon etc.

i second this motion

make a really never never ever use, so NU is easier to look at without all the junk pre-evos