Remove the 10 post requirement to post in 'Suggestion Box'

Kurodashi

Question

Pretty much what the title says.

Since I can only make one suggestion I can't post alternatives to what could be done instead of removing the limit but my main goal is to prevent new players from spamming general discussion because they need 10 posts to make a suggestion.

Stuff like "Good" or "I agree" spammed in 10 threads is not helping anyone aswell as new players tend to not only post in GD to try and get posts.

11 answers to this question

It should be time-based (I don't know if it's possible to do it that way on these forums).

Personally, I just spammed Welcome! and Nice to meet you! in the welcome thread till I hit the post count needed. Needless to say, my suggestions were absolute crap (besides Green Ponyta, that has always been my only good suggestion).

The thing is if you raise it you get even more useless posts and that's what I want to prevent.

It should be time-based (I don't know if it's possible to do it that way on these forums).

Thought about it but I can't say which is the way to go since I haven't seen if it works, also I can only make 1 suggestion per thread so yeah.

Imo it needs raised. 110% of what new players suggest has been mentioned a million times prior.

Honestly I agree. If we were to lower the post count it'd let practically anyone post we'd have tons of repeated suggestions. More than we have now and I believe that speaks for itself.

Honestly I agree. If we were to lower the post count it'd let practically anyone post we'd have tons of repeated suggestions. More than we have now and I believe that speaks for itself.

if im not wrong a few years ago it was a 25 post limit and was lowered to 10

If its removed were going to get a million JHOTO?!?!? SINOHHHHH threads and we dont want anymore of those.

Cmon do you really think it would make a difference? atm everyone who can't post here is gonna make his "Johto when??????" thread in GD anyways most of them re not suggestions anyways.

Edit: I think increasing the posts needed is not the way to go, the 10 post limit is not there to prevent new players from posting entirely but for them to look at current/older posts to get to know how everything works but they try to ignore that and go around that.

I think there is no good solution for this problem but the 10 post requirement is one of the worse solutions imo.

Edited by Kurodashi