Future Legendary implementations, and how to deal with them?

I understand that we have no idea when the first legendary will be implemented, and if it will even be allowed in PvP.

As such this will be entirely speculation, however, I still think it will be interesting to think about and see if there will be any pokemon that will get a chance to shine to deal with this soon-to-be threats.

Since we have no idea which legendaries will be implemented first, I have made a list of a few of the most relevant legendaries that will almost certainly be OU.

• Zapdos
  • Mew
  • Suicune
  • Celebi
  • Registeel
  • Latias
  • Latios
  • Jirachi

So, how do you think they would be dealt with?

what changes would they incite? will new Pokemon take the limelight to deal with them?

Lets discuss!

I could be wrong, but I think all legendaries will end up like Mewtwo and Raquaza. We won't be able to keep them, but instead hold them until you lose a battle or if the legendary in question is not interested being in your party and goes back to Cerulean Cave (Mewtwo) or Sky Pillar (Raquaza).

I could be wrong, but I think all legendaries will end up like Mewtwo and Raquaza. We won't be able to keep them, but instead hold them until you lose a battle or if the legendary in question is not interested being in your party and goes back to Cerulean Cave (Mewtwo) or Sky Pillar (Raquaza).

Darkshade at many times has hinted that this will not be the case, and it has been mentioned that Dungeons will contain a legendary pokemon. I am fairly confident that they will be available to keep permenantly.

Even if i'm wrong, there's no harm in some speculation, is there? 

So, how do you think they would be dealt with?

Legendary dungeons (I would be extremely surprised if this isn't how they end up doing it). Hopefully the dungeons will be co-op or team based (having to work together with other players to clear the dungeon).

what changes would they incite?

Meta game changes, and abnoxious follower sprites. The meta would definitely turn to a more tanky feel.

will new Pokemon take the limelight to deal with them?

Hard to speculate on this. PokeMMO's meta is unique... I don't feel like any of them would be so meta breaking that they would cause some other pokemon to see significantly more usage. Dunno.

Edited by Gilan

Your one is also soooo productive to discussion...

just like mine

What discussion?

Is there an actual discussion of something that is completely hypothetical to begin with? We don't even know whether legendaries are gonna be implemented at all to be accessible to competitive play and even if we would get them we couldn't know which ones. Being unsure what legendaries even could become a thing would make it impossible to predict the tiers for those legendary Pokemon to begin with, and ways to beat them even more impossible to predict. Not to mention about the fact we don't know which items we will have by then, what mechanics and so forth.

as mentioned, if Suicune is added, water absorb pokemon may get run more often, so Vaporeon would probably go up a tier. Politoed may become UU too. would be interesting.

I think you should give this a read to understand how tiering works: https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/54045-tiering-etiquette-guide/

As for this topic, it is really unnecessary. There have been countless legendary threads open, especially recently. The point is that they will add them when they will add them, most likely in dungeons. What that means exactly, nobody knows yet. But one thing is clear: they will be banned from official competitive play unless they become available to everyone. Then, if they become available to everyone,t he tier council will decide if any of them is banworthy.

I think you should give this a read to understand how tiering works: https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/54045-tiering-etiquette-guide/

As for this topic, it is really unnecessary. There have been countless legendary threads open, especially recently. The point is that they will add them when they will add them, most likely in dungeons. What that means exactly, nobody knows yet. But one thing is clear: they will be banned from official competitive play unless they become available to everyone. Then, if they become available to everyone,t he tier council will decide if any of them is banworthy.

As OldKeith said, we'll be adding them when we'll be adding them. If you have further questions feel free to PM me. I'll be locking this thread now.

Please change the fucking metagame. ADD MORE PKM JESUS CHRIST

I think we just did that with the implementation of the two new items.

I think it's a little early for this thread, we haven't got the meta off the ground from the above - let alone put ourselves in a position to consider what effects the introduction of legendaries might have.

I honestly hope legendaries are never traditionally implemented. The meta in like every gen is legend legend legend and its cancer. Dont ruin this interesting meta with overpowered crap.

Legendary does not mean overpowered. Look at Articuno, Moltres, Regis etc.