"Are you sure you want to evolve your pokemon?"

pikabuuh

Question

I said it should be turned OFF by default.

My question was why you cared about the validity of everstone itself, as if you had a personal reason you loved the item.

Eehhh Are you kidding me?-_-

Even though you didn't (you just mentioned being able to enable and disable), that doesn't really matter. Cluttering the ui with options is also a negative.

based on this I listened to both sides and adapted what I think would be a good solution from simply a dialogue box always present to an option in the menu that is turned off by default that can be turned on to make it where the dialogue box appears when an evolution is about to occur.

ok, I missed that, kudos to you. If you can't tell I'm a bit irritated with you at the moment.

Anyways, back to reasons for the counter arguments for this suggestion.

The feature of having the option would be completely meaningless except for those who actually read the relevant changelog. If it's OFF by default then the player would have to stumble across it in the settings menu, as it isn't intuitive that such a feature would be there. Thus, it would not solve the issue.

That's why I made the assumption that the feature would be turned on by default.

ok, I missed that, kudos to you. If you can't tell I'm a bit irritated with you at the moment.

Anyways, back to reasons for the counter arguments for this suggestion.

The feature of having the option would be completely meaningless except for those who actually read the relevant changelog. If it's OFF by default then the player would have to stumble across it in the settings menu, as it isn't intuitive that such a feature would be there. Thus, it would not solve the issue.

That's why I made the assumption that the feature would be turned on by default.

For people who actually want to disable it, they should be able to find out, yes there will be some people who don't realize but thats the same for all changes in all patches. Like the berry system. I saw people saying the NPC being missing was a bug.

For people who actually want to disable it, they should be able to find out, yes there will be some people who don't realize but thats the same for all changes in all patches. Like the berry system. I saw people saying the NPC being missing was a bug.

Are you suggesting that once this feature is implemented (assuming turned off by default) that players will all of a sudden inquire about it? Like they will ask in chat "Hey, is there a way for my pokemon to not evolve while I'm not watching the game?"

it isn't intuitive that such a feature would be there.

So you people want to add more dialogues instead of remove some? Are you trying to make this game more annoying? As if berries confirmation wasn't enough.

I think this is a nice suggestion, most applicable pokemon would be chansey in that case since Blissy is ubers and it evolves through happiness, i had to make doubly sure not to evolve it.

Edit:

I believe even if it proves to be a minor annoyance for some people it is objectively better, I can see situations (Again lets just chansey as an example) where you gain exp and level up, but for whatever reason you are literally unable to click the cancel button (your mouse dies, your keyboard disconnects, you disconnect from server, etc etc.) This would save more heart ache than it would cause I feel.

Because your mouse and your keyboard dying while you DC happens more than it should at the same time. Your "I can see situations" seems to apply only for your side, while you say you look at both sides. It's plain annoying, we don't need a turn off/on option in settings, and we already have more than 1 way to deal with this. The best solution in this whole thread to this was:

maybe dont implement the pop-up, but at least require a key press for the evolution to go on like in later gens

"your pokemon is evolving!"

>await key press

>evolution animation kicks in and it evolves (you can cancel at this point as usual)

It's an upgrade to the current way, and it doesn't involve additional screwed up dialogues.